Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 189 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

ChristineB

On the Ice
It must be so hard to stay focused at this point of the season and with the kind of competition he has there. I saw it live and he seemed a bit surprised by the lutz (I was too) - maybe a bit too relaxed going into it as iirc the combo had usually been quite reliable.

But on the other hand, he would probably lead anyway even with 3 falls 😅
I was shocked at the lutz, because the warmup immediately before he took the ice looked really strong. But he fell hard on that quad and that rink is tiny, so maybe that threw him off for rest of program. Still love to watch him skate. :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
I was shocked at the lutz, because the warmup immediately before he took the ice looked really strong. But he fell hard on that quad and that rink is tiny, so maybe that threw him off for rest of program. Still love to watch him skate. :)

I'd say that could be it but he had the 3A in between which was a bit cautios but he saved it with a Shomamove 🤩
That was when I thought the 4S was off his mind. He "risked" the quad and didn't need to so I did not think it would have a high impact 🤔

yesterday

Record Breaker
Well today overall was better but I still got a "yolo" feeling a bit with the 4S. He landed it in practice/warm up iirc what I've seen, so it's just a competition timing issue I think.

The 3A-2A was quite surprising! And he also did a 1A later so he got them all in one program 😅

Lutz, Flip behaved very well today, combos as well.
He was 100% on all levels this weekend and got a trophy and a medal for his national title :biggrin: and lots of presents - he was his own sweeper boy and had to go several times :drama:

Super timing that they published a talk with Angelo today as we just saw him in Latvia: