Desperate Skating Fan | Golden Skate

Desperate Skating Fan

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The Olympics are over, the skaters and athetes have left the stage. I am sitting here with my remote hopelessly searching for some skating. Anything! Low and behold I find myself tuned into Skating with Celebreties. It's not exactly the Olympics, but hey it's skating.

I started out hating this program, but I am determined to see it to the end - which I believe is next week. Anyone else following?

:biggrin:

IDLERACER

Medalist
It is a relentlessly silly program, but of all the "reality" shows on TV, it just might be the only one that actually has a tinge of "reality" to it. Jillian Barberie genuinely had to take a week off of her normal morning news job because she was aching from all the bruises and cracked ribs she's suffering from, and Kristy Swanson really did get a big gash in her chin when it hit the ice. Unlike, say, that idiotic "Trading Spouses" program, there are some surprises that happen here that are not completely rehearsed, which keeps it at least slightly interesting.

Of course, the judges were all told how to react in advance (Nicks is the mean Cowell character, Hammil is the nice Abdul character and that other guy is the gay Seacrest character), but they do have some leway regarding how to express their meanness/niceness/gayness.