Did Anyone See Michael Jackson's "This is It" | Golden Skate

Did Anyone See Michael Jackson's "This is It"

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw it over the weekend and wondered if anyone else here did and what did you think.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now this is just my opinion....it was excellent!!!

If Michael had lived to pull this off it would have been spectacular!!

There were many outstanding moments but I will share just a couple. Michael was just standing and music started playing and he started to improvise a dance and you could tell that he really did feel the music. The younger dancers were just standing there in awe!!!

There was another time when he was working with the guitar player with the long blonde hair. She was playing an ending chord and he said now's your time to shine................ she played the note again and he said .....all eyes are going to be on you and you need to shine and sang the note for her. Just amazing.

In this film he appreared so kind to the people he worked with. I wonder if it was because his dad wasn't always kind to him.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Dee for your review. I think I will go see it this weekend.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I saw it back on Friday. I'm not a big M.J. fan ( so why did I see it? ) but I thought it was pretty good. The entire cast and crew worked so hard for so long to get the show ready.

There is one thing I thought they would show that they did not. And that was the people's reactions when they heard Michael had died. That must have been such a shock.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm glad they didn't... I think the morbid curiousity of a celeb's death (and the big bank roll that comes from it, which I feel this movie really is) is enough to get people in the seats. let the moment the news hit the cast stay private...

then again, nothing about Michael's death or life was private, even the parts he wanted... tells me a lot about the people around him and their "respect"

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad they didn't... I think the morbid curiousity of a celeb's death (and the big bank roll that comes from it, which I feel this movie really is) is enough to get people in the seats. let the moment the news hit the cast stay private...

then again, nothing about Michael's death or life was private, even the parts he wanted... tells me a lot about the people around him and their "respect"
I agree with a lot of what you say Toni but I'm glad I got to see this genius in action. I don't think Michael ever took his gifts for granted and I saw more of that from this movie.
PolymerBob said:
There is one thing I thought they would show that they did not. And that was the people's reactions when they heard Michael had died.
I heard that they were going to end the show with the last time they saw him. He was supposed to open the door....say goodbye and that was the last time they saw him.

I also heard that when they heard the news the tour members were asked to get into a circle and hold hands. One member said he didn't want to do it because then it would be true.

During the movie, they asked some of the dancers what they thought of being hand picked by Michael. Most of the dancers said they couldn't believe he picked them and cried. It was very moving.

I came close to tears a couple of times. One of the photos and songs that are very touching for me is when he is a little boy singing...'I'll be there.' The other was when he was singing Billy Jean and the audience in the theater I was in was singing along with him.

It was very obvious that he was slowing down...sometimes when the dancers really took off he would just step back. In one number he was really panting and someone said we can work on the dance tomorrow and he said...no....we can work on it now.

One of the neatest things I saw at the theater was a couple who appeared to be in their 70's. I just couldn't let them go without asking them some questions. I thought that maybe they went in the wrong theater. So I said walking along side of them (they were holding hands)....wasn't that film just fantastic. The lady said ....my husband & I have followed Michaels career since he was a little boy. She said...if he had lived my husband & I would have gone to his concert. She said we just cried so much when he died, so we just had to see this film.

Tigger

Final Flight
Oh Dee...Now I've got tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing that.

The only way I'll see this on the big screen, which is I feel is how it should truly be seen, is if they extend the screening period. Which I don't think they will.

There are times when I hate being in the middle of nowhere more than I usually do.

I saw Kenny Ortaga on Oprah a week and a bit ago and he was talking about how the people who'd been w/Michael the longest all laughed during the first two weeks at the reactions of the dancers. He said it was priceless. They'd all be working on something, Michael would turn to watch them and the looks on the faces of the Dancers would instantly turn into, "OMG...Michael Jackson's watching me dance!!"

:)

Yes, he might have been slowing down, but Michael still had it too. It's so obvious in the bits I've seen here and there. This concert would have just been incredable. :(

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only way I'll see this on the big screen, which is I feel is how it should truly be seen, is if they extend the screening period. Which I don't think they will.(
Even though I agree with a lot of what Toni posted above I knew that I wanted to see it on the big screen and to hear the music in the theater. The drummer is just out of this world.

Actually if they extend the showing period, I may go see it again.