Dmitri Aliev | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Happy 23rd birthday to Dima Aliev! 💐🎂🍾

The Russian Fed published an interview with Dima on the occasion of his birthday (sorry for cross-posting from the Russian men's thread):

"There will always be a love of figure skating." European champion Dmitri Aliev spoke about the Olympic season and preparation for new starts.​

01 June 2022, by Tatjana Flade

European Champion Dmitri Aliev turns 23 today. For the student of Evgeny Rukavitsyn the last season was not the most successful one. At the Russian Championships, Aliev took 9th place, which did not allow him to qualify for the Olympic team. Now the figure skater is preparing for the new season, training in St. Petersburg, and from June 6 he will be at the training camp in Kislovodsk.

Correspondent Tatjana Flade met with Dmitri Aliev at the Figure Skating Academy.

- Dima, let's start with the pleasant memories of the holidays. How and where did you rest?
- Rested with friends in Egypt. Finally, we all came together. There were me, Makar (Ignatov) and Alexander (Samarin) with their girlfriends. We rested very well. It's probably one of my best vacations. I haven't bathed so much in the sea yet. I had the opportunity to swim and "heal" with salt water. I came back with very cool emotions, positive impressions and mood.

- How important was it for you to move away from a difficult season?
- It was very necessary and very important. In fact, if I had taken the opportunity to go on vacation a little early, it would have been much better, because the weeks were not enough. After such a season, I just wanted to exhale, reboot, get rid of negative thoughts, recover and return with a good mood, rethinking some moments that arose during the season.

- Tell us about the season, how did it turn out for you?
- There were quite different emotions, very contrasting. Sometimes bad, then good. The biggest disappointment is that I didn't make it to the Olympics.
But I will say right away: for myself, I have learned a lot from what I have experienced during this time, and in the future all these experiences, thoughts will help not only in sports, but also in life. Something "magical" happened to me this season - I didn't go to the main starts, but I rethought a lot and decided a lot for myself.

- For example?
- Trivial as it may seem, I gained experience that will help me in solving many problems.
I realized that now I can cope with some things myself.

- In your opinion, what was your main problem in the season?
- At the beginning of the season, I was lost on my own. Something was wrong with me. Coaches feel me very well, everyone knows this, but there are times when they cannot fully understand some of the nuances. In the end, it all depends on the athlete himself. I do not want to go into details, it is already behind, but the conclusion was made as follows: you need to continue to ride and move on. I'm not the first or the last to get into a situation where I didn't qualify for important starts, even though I had a chance.

- Did you think about retiring from the sport?
- When there is a series of failures for a long time, it seems that you are working in vain. You don't understand: it seems that you do everything, but it does not work. Why? You analyze, draw conclusions, correct mistakes, but then you go to the start and as if there is an emptiness inside. And the start is not a holiday, but a moment when you have to collect everything and show what you can do. Right here and now. And I didn't even have anything like that. There was no fire inside. Since the beginning of the season - one start, a second start, failures and now everything has rolled like a snowball. And only after the final of the Cup of Russia, I gradually began to recover, something inside changed. I started training, tried quadruple salchow... And now I enjoy everything I do.

- How long was the pause after the performance in the final of the Russian Cup?
- A week. After that, I went to training, more to keep fit, as they say in our group, so that "the pants don't fall off." I tried not to "go out".

- But the love of figure skating has not disappeared?
- There will always be a love for figure skating. I understood that clearly.
Now I have shows going on and I'm very grateful to the people who invite me. I am very pleased to perform. On the show, I get a certain charge of emotions, that's how it is in competitions.
At first, I just skated the programs, then I began to make other installations for myself - to jump quadruple or something else to complicate. And every performance on the show gave me a different experience.
A positive experience when I skated without getting marks. Competitive, where you just managed to skate the program in public, albeit with mistakes, but it's still very important for an athlete. It's important to start and perform.

- Just wanted to ask, what do the shows help you with?
- The show is communication with the audience, because in the season we do not have so much contact. For example, I had 6-7 starts in a season, and I participated in the show 12 times, maybe 15. Thanks to such shows, I realized that I am still supported, that fans wait for me. And this gives rise to pleasant emotions. A lot of people write and ask: "Where are you going to perform? We'll be coming." And they come, they bring gifts. It's very supportive, it inspires confidence that I'm not alone.

- What are the plans for the season, will you change the two programs
- Yes. We have almost chosen the music, decided on the themes. Now we must finally solve all these points.
I had a conversation with trainers about new programs. Of course, we always make decisions together, but in any case, I must skate the programs myself. So one of my wishes was to keep the "style". I often skated lyrical programs to calm compositions. And I think that's become a kind of calling card of mine, and I'd like to keep my style. Maybe with some other images, music, but to stay with it.
Of course, everything new is interesting, cool, and we need to improve. However, at the same time, I want to enjoy my skating, and think only about what and how to do.

- Who puts new programs?
- It's solved. Now everything is complicated, a lot of incomprehensible things around.

- Yes, we still do not know exactly what will happen in the new season, what starts. Does it affect your preparation, motivation?
- You know, of course, I'm upset that we can't perform on the international stage. But people have this valuable quality - they can adapt to everything. I am sure that our figure skating federation will organize and hold very cool alternative starts. At the same time, I hope and very much want us to start participating in international competitions as soon as possible.

- Thanks and good luck!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

There will always be love for figure skating.”

◾️European Champion Dmitry Aliyev spoke about the Olympic season and preparations for new starts.

◾️Dmitry Aliev turned 23 on June 1. Last season for the student Evgeny Rukavitsyn was not the most successful. At the Russian Championship, Aliyev took 9th place, which did not allow him to qualify for the Olympic team. Now the skater is at the training camp in Kislovodsk.

◾️Tatiana Flade met with Dmitry Aliyev at the Academy of Figure Skating.

▫️Read on our website: fsrussia.ru
▫️Photo by Tatyana Flade.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am resurrecting this thread because I want a link to his StPb test skates. And I also hope he’s back 🍀🙏🙌

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Great skate today by Dima at the test skates. So nicmce to see him in great shape again.
I really like his SP. Both programs ate interesting and a little different to other programs he has skated to. I'm not sure I fully understand what his FP is about. Has he talked about it somewhere?

Azikin

Medalist
It think that Aliev's dance should not be forgotten. It's one of the best things on Youtube.. ;)