Dmitri Aliev | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rukavitsyn: Aliev is undergoing treatment in Germany

"Dima has long been bothered by pains in the lower back, moving towards the right hip joint. During one of the workouts, the pain intensified. An examination was carried out, which showed that there are inflammatory processes and some other problems in the joint. I reported this to the FFKKR, (General Director) Alexander Ilyich Kogan gave the go-ahead for treatment in Munich, for which I am very grateful to both the FFKKR and the Figure Skating Federation Petersburg,"Rukavitsyn said over the phone.

"Dima is now in Germany, he underwent additional examinations, diagnosed him, gave him two injections with a certain composition. On Monday Dima should go out on the ice, and it will be clear from his health how we will continue the training process. According to German experts, the forecasts are good. We hope that the treatment was effective. I hope that Dima will be able to prepare for the third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi on October 23-27, where he should open his competitive season, "the coach concluded.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200908/figuristy-1576944276.html

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Rukavitsyn: Aliev is undergoing treatment in Germany

"Dima has long been bothered by pains in the lower back, moving towards the right hip joint. During one of the workouts, the pain intensified. An examination was carried out, which showed that there are inflammatory processes and some other problems in the joint. I reported this to the FFKKR, (General Director) Alexander Ilyich Kogan gave the go-ahead for treatment in Munich, for which I am very grateful to both the FFKKR and the Figure Skating Federation Petersburg,"Rukavitsyn said over the phone.

"Dima is now in Germany, he underwent additional examinations, diagnosed him, gave him two injections with a certain composition. On Monday Dima should go out on the ice, and it will be clear from his health how we will continue the training process. According to German experts, the forecasts are good. We hope that the treatment was effective. I hope that Dima will be able to prepare for the third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi on October 23-27, where he should open his competitive season, "the coach concluded.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200908/figuristy-1576944276.html

Thank you RemyRose for the info. I miss him at the testskates but I do hope I will se him skate later this season then

MintGreen

On the Ice
As much as I enjoyed the test skate and was cheering for the Russian men, I've surely missed Dima. The beauty and quality of his skating are always so mesmerizing and unique to the field. Fingers crossed that he will make a full recovery in time. There are still one and half months away from his next competition. He will have plenty of time to get back in shape and be ready for the competition. Hope we can see his two new programs then.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
5th place today, had wished for a podium place but considering the injury I think it was a good skate!

The SP to Masquerade is one of my all time top SP of all skaters. I wonder if he planned the 3 lz iin the combo instead of the quad lz due to his injury.

I liked the free program more this time since it looked like Dima skated more of the choreography compared to the Russian Cup competition. I think it suits him well.
He and Kolyada had the best pcs and rightfully so.

I hope he now has time to get ready for the Russian Nationals, or does he have more competitions before RN?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing Dmitri (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

MintGreen

On the Ice
Happy New Year, everyone!

Just to let everyone know, that Dima created a Telegram channel in the new year:
Aliev_LIFE

"January 1st.

I want to start with something new, forget about the bad and the negative! 🥵 Last year turned out to be very contrasting for me ... We need to go forward and not turn around!

Therefore, I wish everyone a Happy New Year 🎄 I hope you will find something new and interesting for yourself, create something unusual, come up with interesting ideas that you will soon implement! I hug you and congratulations 🥳 🍾

The channel was created to disconnect a little from Instagram, and to try something new! As they say .... WELCOME! 🤗 Sometimes I will appear here, with news or something else 😊"

The past year was indeed a good contrasting period of time for him. He started the year by claiming the European title, with a performance arguably one of the best among Russian men in international competitions for years. He built a lot of momentum and was on an upward trajectory, then the worlds got canceled. Then in this season, he was riddled with injuries and illness for most of the part of it. He barely regained the form let alone quality training time. He had to miss a lot of competitions.

With that being said, we should all look and go forward. I'm happy to see that he has had a good time in his hometown, spending time with family and friends and doing fun things. I wish Dima a full recovery and a healthy, happy and successful year ahead.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I saw some of those clips on his IG story, I was glad to see him having fun in a typical northern style - he said it was -40C° when he was floricking around semi-naked, probably while he was taking the sauna 😱 There was also a clip of him giving his mamochka a ride around on the snow mobile, that was really sweet. He is not the most active among the skaters on social network, let's hope we will keep seeing his updates, and most of all we will see him back on the ice in full form soon 🥰 I just can't get enough of his Masquerade waltz and would love to see the il Volo free skated well ❤️

MintGreen

On the Ice
I saw some of those clips on his IG story, I was glad to see him having fun in a typical northern style - he said it was -40C° when he was floricking around semi-naked, probably while he was taking the sauna 😱 There was also a clip of him giving his mamochka a ride around on the snow mobile, that was really sweet. He is not the most active among the skaters on social network, let's hope we will keep seeing his updates, and most of all we will see him back on the ice in full form soon 🥰 I just can't get enough of his Masquerade waltz and would love to see the il Volo free skated well ❤️
I had the same reaction to the clip showing him plopping into snow half-naked straight out of a hot sauna 😱. Perhaps that’s a typical or stereotypical Russian winter activity 🤣? Good to see that he has high spirit and enjoys the short break from skating. Look forward to him coming back to ice in full form ❤️

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm actually a bit shocked that this hasn't been shared here yet. A really good and thoughtful interview with Dima from March 2021.

Dmitri Aliev: 2021 World Cup, melancholy, girls, Counter-Strike​

Did you know that Dima writes poetry? 🥰

Last edited: