Does anyone know when they'll announce? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Does anyone know when they'll announce?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't believe Sasha is a vicious person or that she has her fangs out. I do think that in the back of her mind she didn't want Kwan at the Olympics.

Bingo, realistic...........I was thinking the same thing..........42

millie

Medalist
realistic51 said:
OMG, I can't believe she'd make that remark. Slight dig, eh? Oh well, that's Sasha for ya! Puts her silver medals in different shoe boxes? Emily seemed extremely happy with her bronze medal. Don't guess she'll be putting it in a shoe box.

I have to agree, cianni. Why can't some people just be happy for others?

Yes, why can't some people just be happy for others? I don't think that their are very many happy people here today because Sasha won last night. Where did you want Sasha put her silver medals? If she put them around her neck, you would say that she is high and mighty, that's why she put them in a shoe box..Skaters working hard to get to the Olympics and try to earn a spot on the team, what's wrong with that comment? Isn't that what it's all about. That how everyone else from every other sport gets to go to the Olympics, they earn a spot.
If Sasha was in Michelle's position, I bet you would have a different opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with what Sasha said. Michelle is my fave, but it would also be a thrill of a lifetime for Emily (or for Bebe, Alissa, etc.) if they had got the chance to go. (Emily still may.)

I agree with Realistic that sometimes words don't come out quite the way you intend, and sometimes they look a little starker in print the next day.

As Michelle herself said (in a different context), "everyone is working hard. Everyone deserves to win an Olympic medal."

MM

bronxgirl

Medalist
millie,
we know how much you love Sasha, so please, if other people do not share the blinding love of your favorite skater and may see her in a different light, let it pass. K?:yes:

millie

Medalist
GoldforMercedes said:
This illustrates why Sasha was and still is the number TWO U.S. skater. Jealous Much, Sasha. Be grateful in your win. True champions WANT to skate against the best. Fear is written all over you, like white on rice.

As of last night, Sasha is the number 1 skater in America, fair and square!!! "True champions WANT to skate against the best", then why hasn't Michelle skated for the past two seasons against the best, was it fear. Was it written all over her like brown on chocolate. You guys all sound like sore losers, that Sasha is the best in America and you can't handle it. Nit pick, Nit pick.
In your eyes, Sasha is dammed if she do and dammed if she don't.

millie

Medalist
bronxgirl said:
millie,
we know how much you love Sasha, so please, if other people do not share the blinding love of your favorite skater and may see her in a different light, let it pass. K?:yes:

Yes, I have to finally admit, she won my heart last night. What a girl! To pull of such a program as she did last night and being sick all week, you bet your sweet bippy. Just imagine what she is going to do at the Olympics feeling 100%. That's what I call a CHAMPION. Not wait on the side lines to see what other skaters ae going to do but just go out and do it, sick and all.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

swannanoa54

On the Ice
millie said:
Yes, why can't some people just be happy for others? I don't think that their are very many happy people here today because Sasha won last night. Where did you want Sasha put her silver medals? If she put them around her neck, you would say that she is high and mighty, that's why she put them in a shoe box..Skaters working hard to get to the Olympics and try to earn a spot on the team, what's wrong with that comment? Isn't that what it's all about. That how everyone else from every other sport gets to go to the Olympics, they earn a spot.
If Sasha was in Michelle's position, I bet you would have a different opinion.

Ok, that just about did it. You don't know one d*** thing about me so why say I would have a different opinion? Personally, IMO, putting silver medals in a shoe box is out there. Ok, I'll just say it. I think it's stupid. Why not be proud of your silver medals? You worked your butt off to compete and you put your medals in different shoe boxes? What-ever! And if she wore them around her neck, I wouldn't say a thing about that. She should be proud of those silver medals-ALL OF THEM. And putting them in shoeboxes just doesn't sound proud to me. Sorry but if I won several medals and they were silver, bronze, whatever, they wouldn't be in shoeboxes. They'd be displayed in a case for everyone to be able to see what I worked hard to earn.

And, FYI, I am happy for Sasha to finally win Nationals. So there. Good for her. She skated fairly well considering she had been ill and unable to do complete run-throughs of her LP. Try to twist my words again, millie. I'm sure you'll find some way to do it. While I do NOT care for Sasha's skating at all, I won't begrudge her win because she did deserve it. And, FWIW, my family and I were very lucky to get to meet Sasha and spend some time with her as well as Michelle. Both of them are warm, sweet women. So while I may not like Sasha's skating, I certainly like her as a person.

ETA: And, btw, I'm not brown on chocolate, I'm white on rice. Just wanted to clarify that.

millie

Medalist
realistic51 said:
Ok, that just about did it. You don't know one d*** thing about me so why say I would have a different opinion? Personally, IMO, putting silver medals in a shoe box is out there. Ok, I'll just say it. I think it's stupid. Why not be proud of your silver medals? You worked your butt off to compete and you put your medals in different shoe boxes? What-ever! And if she wore them around her neck, I wouldn't say a thing about that. She should be proud of those silver medals-ALL OF THEM. And putting them in shoeboxes just doesn't sound proud to me. Sorry but if I won several medals and they were silver, bronze, whatever, they wouldn't be in shoeboxes. They'd be displayed in a case for everyone to be able to see what I worked hard to earn.

And, FYI, I am happy for Sasha to finally win Nationals. So there. Good for her. She skated fairly well considering she had been ill and unable to do complete run-throughs of her LP. Try to twist my words again, millie. I'm sure you'll find some way to do it. While I do NOT care for Sasha's skating at all, I won't begrudge her win because she did deserve it. And, FWIW, my family and I were very lucky to get to meet Sasha and spend some time with her as well as Michelle. Both of them are warm, sweet women. So while I may not like Sasha's skating, I certainly like her as a person.

ETA: And, btw, I'm not brown on chocolate, I'm white on rice. Just wanted to clarify that.

I am very sorry, if you took my post out of context.:) With that comment I made "Brown on chocolate" I did not mean it in a derogrative way to you or anyone else. I was refering to the the statement that GoldforMercedes made about fear showing on Sasha's face as the same as white on rice. I made a comment to the effect "Brown on chocolate" with fear on Michelle's face for not having skated. Why didn't you make a comment when GoldforMercedes made that comment about "White on rice" about Sasha. I was talking about the color of fear, nothing else, can't speak for Goldfor Mercedes. Sorry if I offended you.:) :)

LBC

On the Ice
BTW I remember Michelle saying she doesn't know where all her medals are.

It isn't the medals themselves as much as the memory. In 10 yrs. Sasha maybe very proud of all those silver medals and have them displayed in her house. They are a bitter reminder of how she couldn't win the gold right now. She has also moved several times in the last 4 years so they probably are in boxes.

Sasha did just say in an article following the announcement that she thought if everybody is healthy the committee probably made the right decision. She also felt sorry that Emily couldn't go to the olympics too. Michelle said that same thing about Emily.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
realistic51 said:
OT: BTW, are you going to COI when it comes here July 2nd?
Hi Realistic51, I have been waiting for the lineup for Omaha. I am not really a show person, I love the competitions better. If Johnny and Sasha are in the show, it may change my mind. :yes: ;)

If I remember correctly last year, COI was in Iowa and they split the skaters or was that 2 years ago? Some of the skaters like Sasha, Johnny and Plushenko only did the west part of the tour. :sheesh:

I am very disappointed that SOI isn't coming to Omaha. :mad: :scowl:

Dee

nubka

Final Flight
geisha said:
Don't like their skating styles at all. Old Hughes Sister's Olympic success was a pure luck. Her younger sister did not really skate well tonight.

Don't like their body type at all, too fat/strong for a competitive female skater. Their jumps/spins/spirals are quite awkward.

Wow, how mean! I really like Emily's athletic style of skating (as with Irina, too.) It is, afterall, a sport, not ballet...

nubka

Final Flight
bronxgirl said:
millie,

She doesn't need to let it pass. This is a public forum.

millie

Medalist
bronxgirl said:
millie,

DITTO, this works both ways. We know how much you love Michelle, so please, if other people do not share the binding love of your favorite skater and may see her in a different light, let it pass.:indiff:

bronxgirl

Medalist
I've been not posting as much as usual this year specifically so as not to be dragged into arguements with uberfans of either group. Please, enjoy your skaters win, and stop acting like somehow this was a slap in the face of fans of other skaters

GoldforMercedes

Spectator
"This illustrates why Sasha was and still is the number TWO U.S. skater. Jealous Much, Sasha. Be grateful in your win. True champions WANT to skate against the best. Fear is written all over you, like white on rice."

"As of last night, Sasha is the number 1 skater in America, fair and square!!! "True champions WANT to skate against the best", then why hasn't Michelle skated for the past two seasons against the best, was it fear. Was it written all over her like brown on chocolate. You guys all sound like sore losers, that Sasha is the best in America and you can't handle it. Nit pick, Nit pick.
In your eyes, Sasha is dammed if she do and dammed if she don't".

Apparently some people (or at least one coughmilliecough) needs a clarification of my post.

First of all, I stick by every word that I have posted. Secondly, why is it that when someone critiques or criticizes Sasha (not always harshly mind you), do you have to bring Michelle into it? I never mentioned Michelle in my post or anyone for that matter.

You seem to believe that I think that Sasha should not have won. That is not true. My comment about Sasha being number two is that nothing has changed. She should have been elated that she is finally top dog. She should have jumped for joy or danced jig. Celebrate your victory, be proud of your accomplishment. Let those who are not into see that you have the grace of a champion. In my opinion, and it is mine, the gold medal does not make you a champion, your actions that follow do.

About Sasha "fearing" Michelle, it human nature. Why would she not fear Michelle? I bet she fears Irina and the Japanese ladies, as well as they and Michelle should her. It is just that the others would never say it to the media. The statement by Sasha was not meant to be cruel, it seems more desperate than anything. For example, if you are the most qualified for a job promotion, and the one colleague that can challenge you does not want it, there is little or no anxiety. In my opinion, and it is mine, no Michelle in Turin means one less top skater for Sasha to contend with.

"White on rice" is a term that I have heard time and time again. "Was it written all over her like brown on chocolate. "What is this sh*t? (pun very much intended). The term I used means "apparent", "obvious" or "noticeable". in case you did not know.

As for "we guys" we are not sore losers, Sasha is a poor winner, you are going to the Olympics on your own accord. Good for you, I'll applaud that. What does leave a sour taste in my mouth is that all of a sudden, Sasha is playing "den mother" to the young skaters. She did not show any concern for them before Nationals, why now? In my opinion, and it is mine, if Sasha is so worried about "Emily, Bebe, Alissa, Katy and others" not getting an Olympic spot, give up yours, and stop begrudging Michelle.

Sasha represent USFSA and America. Now she is front-and-center as the gold medalist. Sasha is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, Yes I will agree with that, but it's in the job description now. There is a saying that says "one is the loneliest number you can every know." All eyes are on you, analyzing you, critizing you, it all in being on top.

Sorry everyone for the winded post, I just hate when posters post what I think or what I know etc. You are not me, and never will be. Read it or not; like it or not; reply or not; agree or disagree, but just state your own opinion and don't create theories involving others. If you are unclear as to what I said or meant, ask, I will be more that happy to re-state myself. ;)

mzheng

Record Breaker
bronxgirl said:
I've been not posting as much as usual this year specifically so as not to be dragged into arguements with uberfans of either group. Please, enjoy your skaters win, and stop acting like somehow this was a slap in the face of fans of other skaters
Well they will take turns. Who knows next time she might get slapped. Game hasn't start yet.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've noticed that having a higher ranked competitor hand one an opportunity on a platter creates more nerves and pressure for a skater, not less. In fact, most skaters seem to crack under this kind of stress. Hughes didn't, and she deserves all the credit in the world for that.

Actually, Sarah skated, I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, before at least Michelle, and didn't know that she had been handed anything on a platter....42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
GoldforMercedes........first of all welcome to GS......you are like a breath of fresh air..........please post often...........:clap: 42

nubka

Final Flight
Panther2000 said:
it is called respect. & they have it for her.

No, more like it's called GREED. They know that the majority of the public adores Kwan, whether she skates well, not well, or not at all. She has a massive, loyal, fan base to support her. The advertising powers that be know this and they are not stupid. Mary Lou Rhetton has been out of gymnastics for years, but had the same kind of all-American appeal. Even today, she is still in the public eye every now and then. Whatever Kwan does in the coming years, I bet that she will still get some endorsements coming her way. There will always be those that still want to see her face on a soup lable, or whatever...