Edea E-Guards | Golden Skate

Edea E-Guards

alexac10

Rinkside
Hi everyone, question. I’m looking into the Edea E-Guards, what are everyone’s opinions on them? I have Jackson Freestyles with the Aspire XP blades (9 3/4), is there a size that would fit them best? I’ve heard the M may be small, but that they stretch.

Thanks!

Elija

On the Ice
They’re great! Much nicer to walk on than ones that screw together. I think the ordinary size should be ok - I wear a 9 inch blade and it fits well. You’d just have to pull a little harder to stretch it off with 9 3/4. The shop you’re buying from or edea website should lay out what size to get for which sized blades though.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone, question. I’m looking into the Edea E-Guards, what are everyone’s opinions on them? I have Jackson Freestyles with the Aspire XP blades (9 3/4), is there a size that would fit them best? I’ve heard the M may be small, but that they stretch.

Thanks!
your size blade would take a medium.

silverlily1

On the Ice
I enjoy them. I like how easy they are to walk in, how they protect my edges better, and how quiet they are. A lot of people don't like them because they're harder to get on and off without sitting down.

I think I'm the only person at my rink using them.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada

Thanks!
I bought a pair recently, although I'm still in two minds as to whether I prefer them or my really old chewed-up vintage guards. My blades are 8 1/4", so I bought the S. The shop chart said the M guards are for blades starting at 8 3/4" up, so they should fit yours. My partner bought the L for his blades (and finds them awkward to put on as he steps off the ice, still standing, although he doesn't have any balance trouble taking them off to start). I don't know his blade size, but they're several inches longer than mine.

SK4T3

Rinkside
These E-Guards are Excellent (especially on your expensive blades it is worth) I Think 95% of the people at my rink use them (but It's possible that's because of the excellent "product placement" by EDEA and Local Shops here in Europe.)

They are more lovely to my blades than the GuardDogs (Standard); I Prefer ZigZags above the Standards; but E-Guards are my first choice at the moment.
Because the material is much softer for your blades than Standard GuardDogs or ZigZags.
I'm not interested in the feeling "how they walk" because I don't walk on my skates beside the 2 Meters from bench to Ice.

Skate on 11,25" so every guard is so-so to put on and take of (spring tension or stiffness)

At time of writing (source EDEA):

SMALL fits free-style blades 7 to 8 1/2, dance blades 8 to 9 1/4

MEDIUM fits free-style blades 8 ¾ to 10 ¼, dance blades 9 1/2 to 11

LARGE fits free-style blades 10 to 12

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I have them, and love them. Previously I had those guards with the metal piece that has the two parts connected together. Once I started using the Edea guards, I would never use anything else, they're excelent

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I love mine. There was no sizing given when I bought them (shortly after their launch) and I can't for the life of me work out what size they are from the Edea chart. I have no trouble taking them off before stepping onto the ice, but so far haven't managed to put them on standing up. (Arthritic hands doesn't help this.) Lovely to walk on and much kinder to expensive blades than the previous clacky ones.

Elenea

Rinkside
I have Edea E Guards in size M and they fit on my old Jackson Lite blades in size 9.75. They are harder to get on and off though in comparison to my Legacy Lite blades in size 9.5". It's funny how much more you have to pull for that 0.25 inch.
I have more problems with getting them off than with getting them on. But I wouldn't want to change back to the guard dogs. Walking on them feels more secure (no more slipping) and I think the sharpening holds a tiny bit longer (but I cannot tell this for sure, maybe I was just lucky this season).

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I like mine. I still have a set of the old ones and I use those at the outdoor rink, but for my indoor skating, I use the edea ones.

sk8dreamzzzz

Rinkside
I have M for a 9 3/4 blade. It is harder to stretch on than the traditional ones with the screws, but they are much better to walk around in. The traditional ones I had were constantly coming apart or sometimes falling off the blade. I had to adjust them regularly. The E guards are wonderful and don't fall off. Better too small than too big, by the way. Go with the M

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have M for 9 3/4 Jackson Matrix blades. a little snug at first but fit fine now. like walking in them better than Rockerz