Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ok. I know it's 'Fan Fest' thread. And you know that I love them. But this is terrible: http://instagram.com/p/pDmHxbhnRs/#
No way they're going to win anything next season if she will keep this hair color. Anna Karenina, my ***... :no:

Alba

Record Breaker
Too red for me, sorry.
She sould be blond! Oh my god, I'm becoming skyfly :laugh:

:laugh:

Actually she was too red in that show in Moscow, which I still think was a very good colour for her. This one is more on a red blonde nuance.
I think Ekaterina really does look very well in different colour.

Macassar88

Medalist
She is actually doing red for Paso Doble - although I think that she should go back to blonde for the FD
Or even stay blonde for Paso - Navka is blonde and she did Carmen fine with blonde hair

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
red isn't really her color. will be a huge disappointment if she keeps that hair color for the coming season :disapp:
she should go to back to her natural blonde hair

Macassar88

Medalist
I think she looks good on ice with any hair color

But blonde carmen can be done - so blonde paso can too!

Macassar88

Medalist
All this Bobrova and Soloviev hate really bothers me. People saying they're vanilla is like saying that Pasha Grishuk is calm and tame. Maybe their work isn't to everyone's taste, but it's very different.

bramweld

Record Breaker
All this Bobrova and Soloviev hate really bothers me. People saying they're vanilla is like saying that Pasha Grishuk is calm and tame. Maybe their work isn't to everyone's taste, but it's very different.

Its not possible to hate these two they are too sweet for that, too eager to please. They just sometimes don't grab you as they don't seem to have a definitive point of view about themselves, they tend to simply do what they're told, hence the mess of the season last year. Maybe this year they have matured :)

I'm going tbh...I've been overlooking B/S for a while now due to various factors. That being said, I really disliked their programs this past year (most especially The Birds) and I thought Katia's dresses could have been more flattering since she is a beautiful lady. So I feel like I judged them and lumped their programs (this season+all past) in one big pile...which wasn't fair of me to do. Cutting to the point, I was talking with another ice dance fan friend recently who has a soft spot for them and she talked me into watching some more of their old programs... I think they have more potential and are better skaters in general than I've really been crediting them.

Right now, I just hope that their programs this year are more enjoyable to watch and truly suit them. As much as I joke in other threads about the Russians this upcoming season and "Carmen," I am excited to see B/S's interpretation of it .... And I am super excited for their Anna Karenina program. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Its not possible to hate these two they are too sweet for that, too eager to please. They just sometimes don't grab you as they don't seem to have a definitive point of view about themselves, they tend to simply do what they're told, hence the mess of the season last year. Maybe this year they have matured :)
I don't follow ice dancing much but their free dance at Sochi left a big impression on me. Such an epic lift. What was it name? Anyone mind telling me? Thanks in advance.

I've heard that they were forced to change the free dance 4 times a year, weren't they? :eek:

Macassar88

Medalist
I don't follow ice dancing much but their free dance at Sochi left a big impression on me. Such an epic lift. What was it name? Anyone mind telling me? Thanks in advance.

I've heard that they were forced to change the free dance 4 times a year, weren't they? :eek:
None of their lifts have names but the overall program is called psycho or insanity

They had to change their program once in the 2012-2013 season and twice this past one as well as once in the SD this season

Meoima

Match Penalty
None of their lifts have names but the overall program is called psycho or insanity

They had to change their program once in the 2012-2013 season and twice this past one as well as once in the SD this season

Thank you very much. Why did they change their program so many times I am curious? My friend told me it's was Tarasova's decision but she was not sure. I really love their Insanity program. I think it was the most creative program this season.

I got bored with V/M and D/W free dances this season. I/K's dead swan was okay but I am not the fan of their costumes.
I think B/S free dance was more interesting to watch than the top 3. Who was the choreographer, Zuhlin?