Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Katia and Dima just got added to the Golden Spin - so they're back to gunning for some more ranking points this season.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Katia and Dima just got added to the Golden Spin - so they're back to gunning for some more ranking points this season.

That's very clever, because they would want to stay in the top 5 to skate the SD in the last group at the Olympics.
However I hope they don't run out of gas, as I feel like it's their 20th competition of the season. Thankfully, Euros are in Moscow where they train. They'll get competition fatigue but not jetlag.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
That's very clever, because they would want to stay in the top 5 to skate the SD in the last group at the Olympics.
However I hope they don't run out of gas, as I feel like it's their 20th competition of the season. Thankfully, Euros are in Moscow where they train. They'll get competition fatigue but not jetlag.

But it's more or less the same schedule from last season. A Russian Cup or two, two GPs, two CS. They did the GPF last year, and Shanghai Trophy this year.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker

I thought the SD in the Olympics was a random draw of the last two groups, meaning the top ten. Am I wrong about that?

Bahar

Rinkside
I read that Russia has been banned from the Olympics but the athletes who didn’t use doping will be able to attend. So will BS attend ?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I read that Russia has been banned from the Olympics but the athletes who didn’t use doping will be able to attend. So will BS attend ?

If Russia will allow them to compete, if they want to, I don't know why they wouldn't have the right to. Katia was cleared from the meldonium ban, so I don't think they'd hold her accountable for something that was wrong on their end and not exactly hers.

bsfan

On the Ice
If Russia will allow them to compete, if they want to, I don't know why they wouldn't have the right to. Katia was cleared from the meldonium ban, so I don't think they'd hold her accountable for something that was wrong on their end and not exactly hers.

They missed that world only because of WADA's error. Nobody apologized or compensated to them. Is that fair?

Bahar

Rinkside
They missed that world only because of WADA's error. Nobody apologized or compensated to them. Is that fair?
No, it’s not. It is really sad that they have experienced something like that.
I hope we will see them in the Olympics. If it is their last year together ( ı am not really sure whether or not they’ll get retired) it will be even worse not to compete in the Oly. All the best for BS.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I've just now been able to see their FD from Russian Nats and I must say it really moved me to tears. What a beautiful program!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Katia and Dima. They have had a bumpy ride since Sochi but they are now in PyeongChang for their third Olympics. It will be tough, but I would love to see them on the individual podium. I just hope they hit their levels which has been a challenge for them this season, it’s a very tight ice dance field.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They now join such teams as g/p, b/b, k/p in having two Olympic medals! I mean it’s great for them. They have equal medals as the great Russian teams of History.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Happy, but not thrilled with their competition in the Team Event. I think the judges are giving them an option for the podium, but they have to go in for the kill next week. I felt they held back in both programs, not as crisp as they can be in every element. Hopefully they can rest and then come back stronger!