Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

I have a feeling this season will gonna be very very good for this team. :biggrin:

....Me too!!!! *getting hopes up invariably high* I mean those programs that he's helped with, I've loved.... (Especially A/P.....like I <3 that so much.) So, I really hope they have an awesome SP

uhh Thank you!!! :eek:: I'm an A/P fan ~ If you think about it, their story of getting together is a little bit like ruslan/elena's - Here's to hoping they have at least just as much success!! :yes:

And yes, Ruslan is looking fiiiiine these days. ;) I always said he was adorable and had potential.....And now he's an attractive guy. Idc what anyone says, they're an attractive pair so far off the ice; and I hope they bring it on the ice.

kauh888

Rinkside
....Me too!!!! *getting hopes up invariably high* I mean those programs that he's helped with, I've loved.... (Especially A/P.....like I <3 that so much.) So, I really hope they have an awesome SP

uhh Thank you!!! :eek:: I'm an A/P fan ~ If you think about it, their story of getting together is a little bit like ruslan/elena's - Here's to hoping they have at least just as much success!! :yes:

And yes, Ruslan is looking fiiiiine these days. ;) I always said he was adorable and had potential.....And now he's an attractive guy. Idc what anyone says, they're an attractive pair so far off the ice; and I hope they bring it on the ice.
Well this news quells our choreo concerns at least for the SD! :)
Ruslan is looking good, I agree! I like the height difference between the two-they look good together but still have enough difference for lifts. I think Elena might have had a hand in changing Ruslan's look a bit with the haircut and all, hm? Can't wait for the season to start! ;)

alithia

Final Flight

I thought he was always attractive, just young.And he's getting older, that's all.

Najarro,is a great option, probably the best option,Elena has the temperament of a meditteranean dancer, she can pull it off,Ruslan can do his job and his technical stuff, he has the posture to present it.And they just need to hit the levels. But it's already good that they're working with different people

Well this news quells our choreo concerns at least for the SD! :)
Ruslan is looking good, I agree! I like the height difference between the two-they look good together but still have enough difference for lifts. I think Elena might have had a hand in changing Ruslan's look a bit with the haircut and all, hm? Can't wait for the season to start! ;)

Agreed on all points!!! I love how things are shaping up for them so far *tries not to get hopes too high* :) Also, yes - very pretty without makeup

kauh888

Rinkside
So I'm not super familiar with the Russian Figure Skating system but I noticed that someone on the I/K split thread mentioned that I/Z and S/K are both reserves on the national team ... what exactly does this mean for their chances of getting assigned to grand prix events, etc. and how would they "get off the reserve"?

uhh

Medalist
It has nothing to do with GP events, it's about the level of funding they receive (and also possibly about whether you have to qualify to Nationals or get an exemption.) GP events are assigned based on results at Worlds and then World rankings. Obviously they are a new couple, so no world ranking, but because of their finishes at Worlds 2014 they are entitled to be considered for 2 GPs under the "split couple" rule. They aren't quite guaranteed 2 spots like you are if you finish in the top 12 (and stay in that partnership!), but based on other retirements and spots opening up from that they should easily get 2 events.

I'm not sure if they can move off the reserve list this season, I think the levels are determined each season. To move up they'd need to get good results on the GP & do well at Nats - but nothing too spectacular. Monko/Khaliavin are on the main team, and they were only 5th & 6th at their gran prix events and 5th at Nationals, so if that level gets you on the team I would expect I/Z to be on the main team by next season.

kauh888

Rinkside
It has nothing to do with GP events, it's about the level of funding they receive (and also possibly about whether you have to qualify to Nationals or get an exemption.) GP events are assigned based on results at Worlds and then World rankings. Obviously they are a new couple, so no world ranking, but because of their finishes at Worlds 2014 they are entitled to be considered for 2 GPs under the "split couple" rule. They aren't quite guaranteed 2 spots like you are if you finish in the top 12 (and stay in that partnership!), but based on other retirements and spots opening up from that they should easily get 2 events.

I'm not sure if they can move off the reserve list this season, I think the levels are determined each season. To move up they'd need to get good results on the GP & do well at Nats - but nothing too spectacular. Monko/Khaliavin are on the main team, and they were only 5th & 6th at their gran prix events and 5th at Nationals, so if that level gets you on the team I would expect I/Z to be on the main team by next season.
Thanks!! :thumbsup:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Perfect. I can't wait to see their work. And here's to hoping they show their versatility by having something elegant and contrasting as FD. :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
Perfect. I can't wait to see their work. And here's to hoping they show their versatility by having something elegant and contrasting as FD. :popcorn:

I agree. Uhh had a great idea for their FD, "Hello Dolly". I would love to see that and I think it suits them. :)

surimi

Record Breaker
That, or Embassy Waltz from My Fair Lady. I'm so hoping someone skates to it one day (if someone did, I'm not aware of it). Thinking about not-much-used MFL themes, On the Street Where You Live might suit them too. Zhiganshin has that youthful look after all, doesn't he... :p /that was meant as a compliment./

kauh888

Rinkside
That, or Embassy Waltz from My Fair Lady. I'm so hoping someone skates to it one day (if someone did, I'm not aware of it). Thinking about not-much-used MFL themes, On the Street Where You Live might suit them too. Zhiganshin has that youthful look after all, doesn't he... :p /that was meant as a compliment./
I really love My Fair Lady so On the Streets Where You Live would be awesome, and so would the Embassy Waltz! They're not really overused to my knowledge and just well known yet unique enough to be interesting. Maybe they could do like a MFL medley but using different songs than the D/W SD of course. It could work for an exhibition piece too.

uhh

Medalist
I love those ideas! Or even The Carousel Waltz. Basically I'm just pulling for a classic Broadway program :)

surimi

Record Breaker
:yes: to all the suggested ideas. Something elegant, gliding, graceful, classic... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe they could do like a MFL medley but using different songs than the D/W SD of course.

The only other ones that come to my mind are Overture and Intermezzo; I wonder if Ascot Gavotte would be possible to skate to... possibly, but the rhythm isn't all that gliding-friendly IMO. You're totally right that With a Little Bit of Luck and I Could have Danced All Night are so overused they're getting annoying. The other songs like Just You Wait or Show Me, I'm not sure how skatable they are. :scratch:

It could work for an exhibition piece too.

I'd rather see An Ordinary Man as their exhibition piece. That could be fun, Zhiganshin as a prim, boring chap, and Ilinykh disrupting his neat skating with her fiery presence. :p Actually, I'd so believe them that piece. :D I hope they get to do some exhibitions this season, and again hope they show some fun programs there. Exhibitions are about the only thing where I/K (and others, including my favorite D/W) let me down - slow romantic dances didn't do it for me. Meaning having fun.