Elena Radionova | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

starlight97

Final Flight
Great skate!
And there are already people starting to complain about basically everything in her skating so I'd like to note- Congrats Lena, you have arrived at the very top:rock:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
What a firecracker she was in the SP. Can't wait to watch her LP. Hope it's still the same blue dress because it's a beauty.

CutieP

On the Ice
What a firecracker she was in the SP. Can't wait to watch her LP. Hope it's still the same blue dress because it's a beauty.

I was hoping she uses the one she used in GP Final: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Elena+Radionova+ISU+Grand+Prix+Figure+Skating+pPJSxGFslD_l.jpg

Instead of this "pearly one" she's used in all the other competitions: http://static.isu.org/media/178254/...?mode=max&height=843&timestamp=20141027100232

She said in an interview that she's planning to keep swiching between the two, because she loves them both. So maybe it's the blue-yellow one's turn. I mean those are even the colours of the Swedish flag

Last edited:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I was hoping she uses the one she used in GP Final: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Elena+Radionova+ISU+Grand+Prix+Figure+Skating+pPJSxGFslD_l.jpg

Instead of this "pearly one" she's used in every other competition: http://static.isu.org/media/178254/...4.jpg?mode=max&height=843×tamp=20141027100232

She said in an interview that she's planning to keep swiching between the two, because she loves them both. So maybe it's the blue-yellow one's turn. I mean those are even the colours of the Swedish flag

You know, I didn't even think about the link between her blue-yellow dress and the Swedish flag. Good point there! I prefer the pearly one myself, but if she's going to deliver a wonderful medal-winning performance in Stockholm, let it be the blue-yellow one!

Lipea

Final Flight
I was hoping she uses the one she used in GP Final:
Great notice! I hope she/her team realized this color match too :)

Batsuchan

Medalist
You know, I didn't even think about the link between her blue-yellow dress and the Swedish flag. Good point there! I prefer the pearly one myself, but if she's going to deliver a wonderful medal-winning performance in Stockholm, let it be the blue-yellow one!

At this point, I think Lena just has to wear the one that still fits!! HOLY COW! :shocked: Lipea, you were totally right, Lena really grew a lot recently!

I thought it was just the hat in Liza's Instagram pic, but when I saw Lena sitting next to Inna in the Kiss & Cry, I was shocked!
I remember that she looked so TINY at Skate America compared to Inna, like she came up to Inna's nose:
http://youtu.be/UlQH664ABGs?t=6m4s
But then today, the height difference did not look that big at all!
http://youtu.be/wP8KNdNllwQ?t=5m55s

That's like 1-2 inches in 3 months?? Yipe!

I'm not at all surprised that her jumps were a little wonky, and that maybe her back is bothering her. I agree with you yyyskate, it looks like her neck got longer!

I'm REALLY impressed she was able to pull off that short program with the growth spurt that she's had, and with a bit of an injury! And did you know that the warm-up for the SP was the first time Lena skated in that ice rink?! (Apparently she and Inna couldn't leave for Stockholm earlier because Inna was training some other skaters for a junior competition.) That's just crazy. Our Lena is such a killer competitor!! :cheer2:

I noticed a lot of little changes in her program, and to me it looked cleaner--the arm movements were sharper and had more conviction. GOO LENA!! :agree:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Go ELENA!! Loved her short program. I am worried about her back though. I hope she and her coach will be wise and take measures to prevent further injury...

Alba

Record Breaker
My friend has hit it again. After the top model thing, now he's calling Lena bella sciampagnosa, which means beautiful made of champagne. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Batsuchan

Medalist
Go ELENA!! Loved her short program. I am worried about her back though. I hope she and her coach will be wise and take measures to prevent further injury...

Me too! Yes, winning is great, and I do love Lena's crazy Biellman, but health is most important!! :yes:

My friend has hit it again. After the top model thing, now he's calling Lena bella sciampagnosa, which means beautiful made of champagne. :biggrin:

That's awesome!!! The Eurosport guys did say that when she comes out to skate, "it's like opening a bottle of champagne!" :biggrin:

Article with quotes:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/01/29/107816310/?tcid=tw_share

I'm glad Lena really enjoyed skating her program. I LOVED watching it! :love:
Interesting that her coaches picked the JLo music...so what do we think, guys? Who's the big JLo fan? Inna Goncharenko or Alexander Uspenski? :laugh:

But seriously, when's the last time you heard a lady skater say her program is "fun to perform"? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head...that just goes to show you how much Lena loooves to skate and perform!

Alba

Record Breaker
That's awesome!!! The Eurosport guys did say that when she comes out to skate, "it's like opening a bottle of champagne!" :biggrin:

Ha! I had no idea. :biggrin:I was watching it on Eurosport Italia.

p.s. what's wrong with Lena's back? Sorry but I know nothing.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ha! I had no idea. :biggrin:I was watching it on Eurosport Italia.

p.s. what's wrong with Lena's back? Sorry but I know nothing.

Probably you don't notice the tapes on her back. :)

Last edited:

Roman09

Final Flight
In an interview she told that by preparation to EC she was hurt by a back therefore imposed the tapes. To the competition pain already passed, and they forgot to remove the tapes. To the FS they will remove them

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
In an interview she told that by preparation to EC she was hurt by a back therefore imposed the tapes. To the competition pain already passed, and they forgot to remove the tapes. To the FS they will remove them

Ah that's good. Just an injury that is all passed now.
Thanks Roman. :)

CutieP

On the Ice
Good to hear her back is fine:) Although, I wasn't expecting it to be anything bad, because she was doing her trademark Bielmann in "the usual manner". Anyway, with that layback spin of her's, she's bound to have the occasional back pains, especially when she's growing.

I am pleased to hear that she thought that her performance felt easy. The jumps and everything. Those landings scare me.:hopelessness: But apparently it just looks frightening.

:biggrin:

Well she is quite sparkly. And high quality stuff. And undoubtedly beautiful. Makes sense:yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
:drama: when I think of her Biellmann, I couldn't help but feel hurt. It's so beautiful but it hurts like hell. She has the most beautiful Biellmann of all the current ladies in competition.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Elena! Of all the current ladies skaters, she is not my favorite, but she is the one I most enjoy watching while she preforms, and I think that's really saying something :) I wish her all the best of luck in the FS!

Roman09

Final Flight
I only have one such feeling that Lena carries out all elements on some cosmic speed, at the same time doing it with improbable ease? Looking at speeches of other female skaters, such feeling for any reason doesn't arise. There can be because of this mad speed of her movements and therefore her skating seems to some people antsy and chaotic?

Last edited: