Elena Radionova | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena has been added to the competitors for Finlandia. She's going to win some of you over with her programs there.

She already won me over. Doesn't make her FP any less painful :hopelessness: Spoken words should be banned :scowl:

Layback11

Record Breaker
She already won me over. Doesn't make her FP any less painful :hopelessness: Spoken words should be banned :scowl:

You should see Roman Sadovsky's R&J :hopelessness: this is nothing in comparison.

Except for that, I don't hate them as programs. I just don't like them for her as a skater.

Batsuchan

Medalist
"I don't understand why no one likes my new programs..."
https://instagram.com/p/7qIQiAomXE/?taken-by=radio_lipnit_fan
(What a little cutie!)

Lena has braces now??! :eek:
https://pp.vk.me/c623717/v623717105/43aea/LpbFNcBciXg.jpg

Maybe THAT'S why she picked such serious/melancholy music...she doesn't want to show her smile...?? :shrug:
See, no more open-mouthed smiling!
https://pp.vk.me/c622516/v622516308/44eba/_uHUWjXzS_4.jpg

As for her programs...
1) I agree with the others--the voiceover has GOT to go!! :bang:
2) I involuntarily cringe when I hear "My heart will go on," so I was somewhat relieved that the vocals only come in at the very end. However, I do think that anti-Titanic sentiment is not as strong outside of North America, so this program might be better received in Asia, and possibly Russia too..? Keep in mind that Lena was born at least a year AFTER "Titanic" was released, so she definitely does not have the over-exposure sickness that some of us (like myself) have. Since she said she loves the program, I highly doubt she will change it.
3) I actually really like the song "Je t'aime," but I still don't think it's a great idea for her to have such similar programs.
4) I was quite worried that Lena's skating and jumps would be a mess, since we heard basically nothing about her training during off-season, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that her jumps were reasonably solid (okay, the landings for many were messy, but almost all fully-rotated). I was also really, really impressed by her speed and flow and all the transitions.
5) On the other hand, I was disappointed to see that her posture and use of her arms have not really improved. Her arms are still pretty sloppy (though flung around with passion), but if that is because they were focusing on dealing with puberty, I understand. Indeed, Lena says she's now 163-164cm (about 5'4.5")
http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/916589/

Despite the fact that I'm not totally in love with her new programs, I can't help watching them over and over...she's just so engaging as a performer! :agree:

See, everyone else can't take their eyes off of Lena either! :biggrin:
http://data26.gallery.ru/albums/gallery/339860-14339-89703412-m750x740-u5a5cf.jpg

Can't wait to see her at the Finlandia Trophy!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She looks pretty with her braces, she should show them like Sotskova :agree:

I would not mind her practicing during the off season with a dancer like Gleb Savchenko. Somebody who can help her posture and help her control her body movements (arms, etc.). I think her flow across the ice can be better too. But she is young and has time.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
She looks pretty with her braces, she should show them like Sotskova :agree:

She does!

Girl, flaunt it! I hate to quote musicals, but...you're never fully dressed without a smile! :laugh2:

:agree: I like happy Elena better than "trying to be a serious artist" Elena.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
New interview with Inna Goncharenko:
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/1235-inna-goncharenko-kazhdyj-trener-vystraivaet-svoyu-tsepochku.html

Based on GoogleTranslate, it sounds like Morozov was originally brought in just to help with skating skills, but then he ended up choreographing her programs..? :confused: Sigh...
I got the feeling that no one could have convinced Averbukh to do the choreography for that FS music selection. I think I read a couple of months ago that Averbukh was scheduled to do at least one program for her.

umeko_yur1tasukee

On the Ice
Elena has been added to the competitors for Finlandia. She's going to win some of you over with her programs there.

Finally! Retrieve my account haha ~ I forgot a lot of passwords. It's been so long since I posted, and I really miss this thread :)

Finlandia! Wow~ is that her first competition this season?

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with her new programs, based on what she already did in the past seasons, we all know that she can do much better. But I am still looking forward to the competitions, I believe that she'll improve those choreo. And I hope she's serious with 4 SP hehe~ I would love to watch her programs especially if they are different genre and costumes :)

winky97

Medalist
Finally! Retrieve my account haha ~ I forgot a lot of passwords. It's been so long since I posted, and I really miss this thread :)

Finlandia! Wow~ is that her first competition this season?

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with her new programs, based on what she already did in the past seasons, we all know that she can do much better. But I am still looking forward to the competitions, I believe that she'll improve those choreo. And I hope she's serious with 4 SP hehe~ I would love to watch her programs especially if they are different genre and costumes :)

I think Finlandia will be her first competition this year. I am actually reserving my opinion about her programs until I see them in competition all polished. I just hope she is on this year because I forked over money for Worlds in large part because I want to see Elena.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
This is part of a project to add correct pronouciations to OP's.
What a great idea! ˆ

Sad that Elena seems to be WD from Finlandia, I was really looking forward to seeing her there. Hope it's nothing serious.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Three Russian single skater - Julia Lipnitskaya, Sergei Voronov and Konstantin Menshov will take part in an international tournament series "Challenger" in the Espoo "Finland Trophy". Previously declared Elena Radionova not speak at the event because of health problems.

From Fsrussia.ru.