Elizaveta Nugumanova | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Nugumanova

cronos27

Rinkside
Do you think it is impossible for Liza to compete for another country? Sometimes I think it would be the best, in Russia I don't see that they value her, maybe in another country she would make it to the Olympics

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Do you think it is impossible for Liza to compete for another country? Sometimes I think it would be the best, in Russia I don't see that they value her, maybe in another country she would make it to the Olympics
She was already asked about it and she said she doesn't intend to change allegiance.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Liza has said in recent months she did not want to switch nationalities. But if she can change federations and still live in train in Saint Petersburg as her teammate and friend Anastasia has then she might take a look at that. I really think looking back on this season Liza will be angry how she was on the Russian national team and didn't even get a stinking challenger let alone a Grand Prix event. She after all was 3rd at senior Russian nationals among the senior girls more than a year ago and got literally nothing out of it. Meanwhile when Stanislava finished 3rd at nationals among senior women she went to Europeans and worlds. But Nugu went nowhere. Are we to think Nugu does not know this?

The question now is can she make a full time commitment to figure skating again since she's so involved and so successful with social media?

If she wanted to change federations no one would give her hell for it. I would not expect it to happen but it is possible.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I was reading a comment on reddit and someone wrote that Liza's grandfather is the head of the Latvian figure skating federation. I don't know the accuracy of this but I found it very interesting. Liza has stated she does not plan to change federations but after watching a childhood friend like Anastasia who left Russia for Georgia this season's skate in Europeans the Olympics and worlds and her BFF Maria skating for Italy next season I wonder if that will have an impact on Liza's thinking. I don't think Latvia has a great relationship with Russia so I don't know if Liza would transfer there. But I would like to see her transfer to anywhere where she can skate even in just a challenger or 2 which she did not get being on the Russian national team.

Also Liza missed Russian nationals this season which is one of the prerequisites for transferring. Liza can even do what Nastya does and that is still live and train in Saint Petersburg while representing another country.

cronos27

Rinkside
I was reading a comment on reddit and someone wrote that Liza's grandfather is the head of the Latvian figure skating federation. I don't know the accuracy of this but I found it very interesting. Liza has stated she does not plan to change federations but after watching a childhood friend like Anastasia who left Russia for Georgia this season's skate in Europeans the Olympics and worlds and her BFF Maria skating for Italy next season I wonder if that will have an impact on Liza's thinking. I don't think Latvia has a great relationship with Russia so I don't know if Liza would transfer there. But I would like to see her transfer to anywhere where she can skate even in just a challenger or 2 which she did not get being on the Russian national team.

Also Liza missed Russian nationals this season which is one of the prerequisites for transferring. Liza can even do what Nastya does and that is still live and train in Saint Petersburg while representing another country.
I hope she changes her country, but at the moment, the future in her country is very dark

Scott512

Record Breaker
I hope she changes her country, but at the moment, the future in her country is very dark
Liza has said she has no interest in changing countries but I wonder if seeing her friend Anastasiia at the Olympics representing Georgia and skating so well will change her mind. I also wonder if Russia invading Ukraine will change her mind as well. Liza is only 19 she should have a competitive career for years to come.