Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I didn't have a chance to reply to any comments this afternoon, so I'm afraid this is going to be one of those comments that is replying to lots of people.

I don´t understand english very well, I am 30 and I did not know what getting low mean. But I would be much surprised that Liza did not know what with this song. Because she don´t speak english but if you are skating whatever song it is your obligation investigate the meaning. https://espanol.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081003153605AA8t6mB less of one minute I found the answer in google.

Especially seeing the video, she sure saw the video, if we saw it, why not she? It is definitly about sex.
Anyway, I am sure she is only dancing normal in the program. My problem with the song is that it is soooo bad. not because the lyrics,it is everything.

I wouldn't be panicking about your language skills just yet. I'm a native English speaker, and there are lots of phrases about nowadays that I have no idea what they mean!

I really do think it's a generational thing. I'm the same age as you, and at times it is as if the kids of today are speaking a different language. And it is especially confusing when they change the meanings of words and phrases.

Take, for example, the phrase "Oh, that's sick!" When we were growing up, that meant something was disgusting. Now, it means something is brilliant!

Then there is the added complication of local dialects. I'm sure if I threw phrases from my local dialect (Ulster-Scots) into my comments, there would be things that other English-speaking members wouldn't understand. Same if, say, karne threw in some Australian phrases.

So, don't worry - you're doing fine! ;)

The difference between this song and Plushy's Sex Bomb or someone skating to I'm Sexy And I Know It is that those two songs are almost parodies; they're humorous, light-hearted takes on the subject, playing with fun without being degrading. This song, like the majority of the classless trash that passes for "music" these days, degrades women and is very serious about that.

Liza is a very beautiful young woman, and very attractive. She is also exceptionally talented, and I hope she does not feel the need to succumb to the worst dregs of what teenagers consider "awesome music" to seek validation.

karne - I LOVE YOU!!!!

I agree with absolutely everything you have just said! Especially with your description of modern music as "dregs"!

This is going to make us sound really old, but they don't make music like they did back in our day, do they?

I don't have an account on VK but I've posted a message on one of Russian forums fan page hopefully it'll be passed on

Thank you. I am on VK, but there's not much point in me doing it as I don't speak Russian, and hence it would be liable to be overlooked.

Exactly. Once again one wonders why oh why, out of millions of songs something vulgar like that has to be chosen.

:clap:

The original Get Low song, in case you think it is not about oral sex, can be found by searching youtube for
Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz with Lyrics

Even the expurgated version iterates skeet skeet.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...0lpwgp&usg=AFQjCNEFgUe0CNtLPA1zrDyXvirXsq-ZNg

WOW!!!! Like the video of the version Liza is using, I couldn't sit through this for more than 30 seconds. But, I went to one of the lyrics websites, and I was shocked at just how explicit those lyrics were!

By the way, the second video is geo-blocked in the UK.

Her morals where her private life is concerned are nobody's business. We've however been discussing issues regarding the image she'd be projecting to worldwide audience, I think it is two totally different things

You have hit the nail on the head. After the success she had last season, Liza is now a high-profile public figure, and role model for youngsters. So, skating to something like this will have a negative impact on her image, and will turn a lot of people against her.

Don't really see why to worry.
But then i was annoyed when people came up whining when we danced to "all about us" on school gratuation party. Because omg "thats to nasty, is a song about lesbians, you girls and boys probably don't understand the lyrics and didnt see the music video with 2 girls blablablabla" and we knew it all and just liked the beat... Maybe I'm just not old enough really.

Thank you for mentioning a tATu song. Because it reminded me of a thread that I posted a few replies to about 2 years ago.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41854

It's interesting to see what I wrote back then, compared to what I am writing now. The difference is probably because of the fact that I'm emotionally attached to Liza, and don't want her to do something that might harm people's opinions of her.

But, it would be interesting to know what would happen if the roles were reversed. If it was an English speaking skater of the same age skating to "Prostye Dvizheniya". Would the Russian fans be having this sort of discussion?

Not to ahh....change the subject ;) but last year around this time it was only page 10 and I was posting nonsense like the post above. I remember this post specifically because I think I fooled CaroLiza_fan into believing it.

Yes, I admit, you did fool me! You know, it's funny. A year ago, a lot of us were urging Liza to dump Mishin. And now look at what they have achieved together since then!

Now I'm picturing Mishin driving down the road bumping some raunchy rap music extremely loud. Thanks

What a hilarious thought!

Personally I've always felt that the majority of this sport is targeted towards very young girls so I'm never going to be supportive of programs that flaunt sexuality so obviously. I wonder though if I'm being a hypocrite because I was raving about Valentina Marchei's program last year which was seriously hot in a less in your face way. I guess going for a sultry hot program that is set to some sizzling Spanish music has a different effect on me. By that I mean I would feel comfortable watching it with or discussing it with some of the younger up and coming skaters that I personally know from around the rink. The little ones who are like 10 yrs old.

:points: Exactly!

And no, you are not being a hypocrite, because there is a lot of difference between a sultry dance and a song that is, well, dirty.

If anybody's the hypocrite, it's me because I was encouraging the use of "Prostye Dvizheniya"!

Why it's inappropriate? Liza can be 18 and she still doesn't know the lyrics of the song she's skating to. My friend is 35 and she had to ask me "what's the fuss about Liza new ex music?" While I have no intention of looking up the lyrics, when I first heard it I already felt what it's about. I'm a classic fan, not even pop and rap fan.
What's wrong with her fans informing her about the meaning of it? If she already knows it she has no reason to stop using it. But there's still chance she doesn't know about it. So what's the harm telling her?

I admit, we may have been getting a bit hysterical. But you have just managed to very calmly sum up a lot of our thoughts.

Thank you! :bow:

CaroLiza_fan

Spiral

Final Flight
The interview was lovely. It's interesting that she says that she's a closed person and can't stand people who (purposefully) attract too much attention to themselves, as well as about her mental state when she skated in various competitions. And so touching that the first victory of the season, although so overshadowed by the later ones, brought her the most joy.

Reg. the exhibition program, I don't think that there's much point posting the information on that particular Russian forum. Lambiel said that she speaks English, so I think that if somebody who's registered on her VK wrote a few lines to the effect that the song is gross and degrading to women, and that if she skates to it in galas at major competitions, it might be negatively perceived by a fair number of English-speaking spectators, she'll understand. I like Liza very much, and I think it's a pity that she doesn't see that there are way classier ways of projecting one's femininity than this. (The song's popularity doesn't make it any less gross and degrading, just like the fact that a trashy novel may become a bestseller can make it any less trashy. Quality and overall message comes from within. And the older a person is the more responsibility he is expected to take for the image he projects of himself, his profession and his country. Plus, she's the reigning WC, so IMO she owes it to the sport and fans around the world to carry herself with some dignity.)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
About not knowing English words, I am 68 with a musician for a grandson, and a curiosity about all the music skaters use, as well as about all the music Cam writes and listens to. Plus I did my senior thesis on a series of raunchy stories in Latin from the Middle Ages. I thought there was not a wee English innuendo that I wouldn't catch. And that use of skeet was new to me, and I had to look it up. I thought they were clay pigeons.

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
(The song's popularity doesn't make it any less gross and degrading, just like the fact that a trashy novel may become a bestseller can make it any less trashy. Quality and overall message comes from within. And the older a person is the more responsibility he is expected to take for the image he projects of himself, his profession and his country. Plus, she's the reigning WC, so IMO she owes it to the sport and fans around the world to carry herself with some dignity.)
:agree: Very well said, Spiral!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:thumbsup: The lyrics themselves are not explicit and the song is in a popular film and commercials. No better or worse than most of the top 40 today.

50 Shades of Grey glorifies rape, abuse and domestic violence and yet it's still a bestseller and a box-office hit. The human race as a collective is pretty bloody stupid.

Liza is a classy, elegant young lady; she doesn't need to be skating to this trash, this trash that basically tells girls they are trash, and all they're good for is servicing men. It's not a good look.

Tutto

Record Breaker
50 Shades of Grey glorifies rape, abuse and domestic violence and yet it's still a bestseller and a box-office hit. The human race as a collective is pretty bloody stupid.

Liza is a classy, elegant young lady; she doesn't need to be skating to this trash, this trash that basically tells girls they are trash, and all they're good for is servicing men. It's not a good look.

:thumbsup: Couldn't say any better.

Now I am back to you all re our well meant attempt to warn Liza via Russian forum - it didn't go too well I am sorry to report. Actually there was no need to bother leaving messages as people apparently read our forum regularly and our discussion hasn't gone unnoticed anyway.
Here I take a liberty of translating relevant posts:

''A group of comrades on Goldenskate have already filled a few pages in Liza’s fan thread regarding this. They concerned about her morals. Collectively a decision has been made to bring to Liza’s attention the meaning of the song.:laugh: ''

''I will not write to Liza about such matters. I like everything about her this season, could not care less even if she skated to the sound from German movies. As long as she jumps.''

I guess I should feel like I've made a fool of myself but fortunately I am too old for that. Whatever the outcome will be - at least we have tried to do what we felt was right. Maybe someone should try approach Liza via VK, but after that I don't see what else can be done, in the end of the day if Liza and her team are okay with this song ...As a fan I admit I'll be disappointed but to cite the poster above ''as long as she jumps''...? :confused2:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are we certain though that this is her new SP? I would have thought it was a new ex. She can't wear the hat in competition at any rate - and I wonder how many music violations she might get...

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Are we certain though that this is her new SP? I would have thought it was a new ex. She can't wear the hat in competition at any rate - and I wonder how many music violations she might get...

I actually didn't know someone thought it was supposed to be her SP... :shocked: :slink:

adelia

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: Couldn't say any better.

Now I am back to you all re our well meant attempt to warn Liza via Russian forum - it didn't go too well I am sorry to report. Actually there was no need to bother leaving messages as people apparently read our forum regularly and our discussion hasn't gone unnoticed anyway.
Here I take a liberty of translating relevant posts:

''A group of comrades on Goldenskate have already filled a few pages in Liza’s fan thread regarding this. They concerned about her morals. Collectively a decision has been made to bring to Liza’s attention the meaning of the song.:laugh: ''

''I will not write to Liza about such matters. I like everything about her this season, could not care less even if she skated to the sound from German movies. As long as she jumps.''

I guess I should feel like I've made a fool of myself but fortunately I am too old for that. Whatever the outcome will be - at least we have tried to do what we felt was right. Maybe someone should try approach Liza via VK, but after that I don't see what else can be done, in the end of the day if Liza and her team are okay with this song ...As a fan I admit I'll be disappointed but to cite the poster above ''as long as she jumps''...? :confused2:
Five pages of pearl-clutching over an exhibition song. This is a new record for Liza's thread.

And no, this is not her SP. Lambiel did her SP and LP in Switzerland, the former of which didn't go particularly well so they are reworking that with Prokofieva.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
At least folks have a hot-topic to discuss in the off-season. This always seemed like a summer show number to me, so not too concerned about it, even if the music is absolutely atrocious.

At the beginning of the season, everyone thought Liza was self-conscious about her body and trying to cover it up. Evidently, the pendulum has swung completely the other way. If anything, I'm more curious about her costumes for next season now.

adelia

Record Breaker
At least folks have a hot-topic to discuss in the off-season. This always seemed like a summer show number to me, so not too concerned about it, even if the music is absolutely atrocious.

At the beginning of the season, everyone thought Liza was self-conscious about her body and trying to cover it up. Evidently, the pendulum has swung completely the other way. If anything, I'm more curious about her costumes for next season now.
This is her dress designer, who posted the initial sketch of the EX costume:
http://vk.com/max_dress

LRK

Record Breaker
About the popularity of the song... It may not make the lyrics or the song any better, but it may help to explain why it was chosen to skate to. Maybe they thought it would be a popular fun song for the younger folk to enjoy.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
About the popularity of the song... It may not make the lyrics or the song any better, but it may help to explain why it was chosen to skate to. Maybe they thought it would be a popular fun song for the younger folk to enjoy.

Gee heaven forbid a skater want to skate to something popular with their age.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for the translation, Newbiespectator. My computer hates Dailymotion, so hopefully the footage (and exhibition) will show up on Youtube sometime...

While that song is everything I hate crammed into one, I'm fine with what clips I did see of the actual EX (sorry, can't see the boob grab due to my Dailymotion problem). It's something different from what she's done in the past, but at the same time, she still seems to be having fun. Hopefully that'll override my hatred of the song itself once we see the whole program.

I just had a look on YouTube, and found that a Russian user has now uploaded a copy of the interview. Here it is:

Елизавета Туктамышева - Интервью Японскому ТВ 2015 HD

And, if you can't be bothered watching the whole thing, they have also uploaded an edited down version showing just the clips that were shown of the gala routine. Here it is:

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 'Get Low' NEW EX. Program Revealed

Hope this helps

Oh you spoilsport, you!

There I was the past day or so dying to hear your opinion now that the conversation had taken this turn. And it turns out you're not bothered! :rolleye:

Five pages of pearl-clutching over an exhibition song. This is a new record for Liza's thread.

:laugh:

But, hey, imagine if it was Hanyu... It would be about 100 pages!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Tutto

Record Breaker
And no, this is not her SP. Lambiel did her SP and LP in Switzerland, the former of which didn't go particularly well so they are reworking that with Prokofieva.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but so is the rest of us.

It was understood from the start that it is her EX program for new season as per the title of youtube video. Most of other participants in that show were skating to their programs for new season as it is a tradition as least with Japanese skaters to show their new programs there.

BTW I noted one comment on Instagram in Russian urging Liza to discuss the song with native English speakers, young people in particular.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh you spoilsport, you!

There I was the past day or so dying to hear your opinion now that the conversation had taken this turn. And it turns out you're not bothered! :rolleye:

I don't really have opinions on an EX (or ice show) for the most part. They are not the segments of skating I particularly enjoy watching/analyzing. They are easily ignored if one does not care for a gala or even a specific routine from an EX, and you wouldn't be missing out on much most of the time, IMO. I would still recognize an EX or ice show to be a skaters opportunity to explore other elements of skating that are completely unbound from competition/rules, and showcase their creativity and/or personality (if that's what this is).

I haven't seen this entire routine from beginning to end -- but I will still say the song is terrible, I don't care for the outfit, nor the choreography & body movements in this 'Get Low' program based upon the clips I've seen.

adelia

Record Breaker
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but so is the rest of us.
Noone said you weren't.

It was understood from the start that it is her EX program for new season as per the title of youtube video. Most of other participants in that show were skating to their programs for new season as it is a tradition as least with Japanese skaters to show their new programs there.

BTW I noted one comment on Instagram in Russian urging Liza to discuss the song with native English speakers, young people in particular.
The explanation about the SP was addressed to karne's comment. I guess I should have quoted her to make that clearer.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I didn't think it was her new SP, but the tone of some of the conversation made me think I'd missed something.