Eurovision 2018 | Golden Skate

Eurovision 2018

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I plan to watch:)
Over the past weekend I kind of caught every song and now I am curious which one will win

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I plan to watch:)
Over the past weekend I kind of caught every song and now I am curious which one will win

You see, that is the exact opposite of what I do.

I avoid all the songs like the plague before the competitions. That way I can base my positioning purely on the performance on the night.

A few years back, I would have watched the German music channels a lot. And there was a particular song that they were playing all the time. And I really disliked it. Well, if I am totally honest, I did actually like the song. The problem was that the girl performing it couldn't sing - she just talked her way through it. And I kept thinking "This would be so much better if somebody different was singing it".

Anyway, it was only about a week or so before Eurovision that I discovered that it was the German entry. And having heard it so often, and disliked it so much, it affected how I saw it on the night of the Final (for those that don't know, Germany is one of the "Big 5" couintries whose entry goes straight into the Final).

Suffice to say, it won:

Lena Meyer-Landrut - "Satellite"

So, since then, I have been avoiding listening to entries before competition nights. And, I have been very successful at doing so. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a working stream for the USA? I started getting interested in it this year thanks to a YouTube channel I'm subscribed to (Weird Norwegian). MY favorite entries this year are Poland, Ukraine, and Iceland.

Iceland's entry would be so beautiful for figure skating.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Printed out the running orders for the 2 Semis, and noticed a few familiar names.

Firstly, tonight there are 2 singers that are familiar to British TV viewers - Saara Aalto for Finland (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in 2016 X Factor) and Ryan O'Shaughnessy for Ireland (6[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2012 Britain's Got Talent)

Then on Thursday, we have the 2009 Eurovision Champion opening the night - Alexander Rybak for Norway. Have to be honest, I didn't like "Fairytale" at the time, but it has grown on me since then, and I do like it now.

I did have a disappointment, though. When I saw the entry list, I thought that tonight's Semi was opening with half of the duo that finished third in 2009 Eurovision. But it is not Aysel Teymurzadeh that is representing Azerbaijan this time. It is another girl with the same first name (Aysel Mammadova).

Right, about to start. But, I am taping it and will watch it first thing in the morning. (Actually watching Saturday's episode of Britain's Got Talent at the moment)

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is there a working stream for the USA? I started getting interested in it this year thanks to a YouTube channel I'm subscribed to (Weird Norwegian). MY favorite entries this year are Poland, Ukraine, and Iceland.

Iceland's entry would be so beautiful for figure skating.

Official stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYTtpYYRw4

Don't know if it needs a VPN, or if it does if it works with one.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am watching:) :)
My predictions who will go through to final - Israel, Cyprus, Estonia, Armenia. I have fingers crossed for Macedonia though:)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is always a pros of that show:) :), can I ask who You liked the best?

For the first semi-final, Ari Olafsson. Ireland and Austria were cool too. The 2nd semi-final, Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer and Melovin.

But I like the Serbian entry as well.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
For the first semi-final, Ari Olafsson. The 2nd semi-final, Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer and Melovin.

But I like the Serbian entry as well.

Poland! Wow, I honestly have mixed feelings about our song's chances, but positive feedback from others is giving me hope:)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm more excited about semi-final 2. Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, Georgia, and Serbia. Omg....I want all 5 of them to qualify. Too bad the USA cannot vote. I love the songs.

Nirti

Medalist
Nice first semi-final! A little crush for Lithuanian singer voice :love:
And Netta's performance was very good

On thursday evening I can vote, I don't know for the moment for which song!

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Estonia was stunning - voice, stage effects, I got goosebumps, well done (:)
I like also the Czech song, very energizing and fresh.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

I am also a fan of Bulgaria, but I have to admit, I still miss Kristian Kostov :biggrin: