Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Strange that they are listed for Skate America at the end of October, I can't imagine them going there. Hope we will see them healthy at some CoR stages. Maybe they can still attend GP Rostelecom, there is one space empty apparently for a Russian team and they would have two more months to prepare.
I'm just so happy that I got to see them live at Europeans.
It's not strange that they were assigned SA, they had every intention on going there until Trankov said today that they wouldn't be able to make it.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's not strange that they were assigned SA, they had every intention on going there until Trankov said today that they wouldn't be able to make it.
Right, but surely staying in Russia wasn't a spur of the moment decision. I just assumed they would have already informed ISU and maybe tried to work out an alternative assignment.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right, but surely staying in Russia wasn't a spur of the moment decision. I just assumed they would have already informed ISU and maybe tried to work out an alternative assignment.

Trankov said a couple of days ago SA was still in the plans. This is something that should have been thought about when Morozov came down with covid, not something to try to change in the last day or 2.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
Come on, cut them some slack here.

T/M are a team that has powered through a lot--Evgenia's injuries (needing all of those stitches they day of the short at 2017 worlds, injury before the long at Rostelecom in 2018, leg injury all lost season), Vladimir with the flu at nationals in December 2018 and other illnesses. I have joked that they'd skate dead if they had to. This is a team that powers through. I'm sure they intended to power through after Vladimir was recovered and back on the ice--and he said today he was going to the gym. They wanted to try to go to SA still.

What I read in the Russian press via google translate is that the decision for T/M to remain in Russia was ultimately made by Zoueva and the Russian fed and just decided upon. There are concerns about all the travel in terms of health. There are concerns that if they leave Russia again, they'll have to have another two week quarantine when they try to come back. (Getting in and out of anywhere right now is a fluid proposition--you don't know when and how things are going to change). Information and decisions are changing all the time on a dime for everyone all over the world right now. The ISU itself was supposed to have the competitor lists out before now and those kept getting delayed. They just decided the other day to postpone/cancel the GPF--and that as much as anything, I suspect, may have weighed into the decision that T/M may forego all GP events and concentrate on getting themselves to nationals.

Fact of the matter is, this is not a normal GP series, there are no points being awarded, and now there is no final to shoot for. It's sounds like there is real concern for T/M getting back in to the country again later on. RusFed wants everyone to do two events to get to nationals. T/M had to miss the first two events they were supposed to do because Vladimir got sick. They need to do the fourth and fifth events now to get to nationals. Adding in Rostelecom would put them with three events right in a row. Scratching from SA hurts no one. What would hurt T/M is not getting to skate at nationals because they didn't get in their two Russian Cup events or couldn't get back into the country or had to have two more weeks off the ice if they leave and try to come back.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy Birthday to Zhenya T! :hb:

I can't believe she and Liza T have the same birthday! Two of my faves :biggrin:

Hope she and Vovan are practicing well and that they kick butt at Nationals! :cheer:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Belated happy birthday to Evgenia.

Wishing her and Vladimir the very best of luck in Russian Nationals. I’ve been rewatching some skates from last years nationals. Their short was my favourite Pairs performance of the season. Simply outstanding and showing off all their brilliant qualities.

I enjoyed both their performances in Russian Cup IV but I did find Dimash’s vocals challenging, not my personal style.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gasp! I can't believe I forgot to post here!

This was the highpoint of Nats, Zhenya and Vovan were epic in SP and most of their FS was incredible.

A well deserved win! And the KnC with Maxim and Sergei V was beautiful.

And Vovan was smiling!! 🤗😊👏

aka_gerbil

On the Ice