Favorite COP Footwork Sequences | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite COP Footwork Sequences

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh god! I was looking at Lambiel PCS for that program: Performance 7.89, Choreo.7.79, Interpretation 7.93 :unsure:
He got more in tech. than PCS? :laugh: And Dai for that gorgeous SP 39. :rolleye::hopelessness:
That was before PCS inflation started.

Alba

Record Breaker
That was before PCS inflation started.

Well, inflation or not these are not good scores. They deserved 9, at least.
So I would say this was a deflation. :biggrin:

Sorry all for the OT. :hijacked:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, inflation or not these are not good scores. They deserved 9, at least.
So I would say this was a deflation. :biggrin:
Sorry all for the OT. :hijacked:
IIRC their scores were quite qood by that time. Of course they deserve much higher scores but that time the standard was quite different.

andyjo24

Medalist
Legendary Mao Asada's Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra where she scored 28.88 on her Program Components vs Kostner's 27.94.

ESPN (Peggy, Goerge,Teri)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GfZW03lM4

CBC (Tracy and Kurt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-AktwtDfs

EuroSports (Chris and Nicky)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpg-aTewLc

Favorite SP of all time. PEFECT.

It's really funny how Mao's and Kostner's programs were only ~28 PCS worthy. Today, everyone is getting 30+ like candy.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It's really funny how Mao's and Kostner's programs were only ~28 PCS worthy. Today, everyone is getting 30+ like candy.

Today, everyone has better choreo and better skating skills and better interpretation and better projections.

lavender

Record Breaker
My favorite footwork this season is in Jeremy's short program (2014).
His whole program is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh, yes! I was going to mention this one myself. Flawlessly beautiful, perfectly in tune with the music, and perfectly capturing the spirit of the music. It was a footwork sequence that most crowds sat silently, not a whisper or a murmur, through, before greeting with applause. And it was always the point of this version of the program where the tears started to come, for me...

Ayeshoo

On the Ice

Yeah, I think the judges' standard/benchmark is a little adjusted now. I can't understand though if they were being underscored then or skaters are just being rewarded more now.

Mao has one of the best footworks I've seen.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think the judges' standard/benchmark is a little adjusted now. I can't understand though if they were being underscored then or skaters are just being rewarded more now.

They were underscored for sure.

iceberg

On the Ice

But in 2007 worlds, Mao asada actually scored 30+ in her PC in her Nocturne short program.

begin

Medalist

They were underscored for sure.

For the longest time Caro was considered overscored in components. Even up until just Worlds this year lol.
Scores today are definitely inflated. The judges want to show that the sport is progressing so (unsurprisingly) PCs are incredibly inconsistent over different eras of skaters.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PCS scores are such a joke. There is no way the judges can consider all the factors they are supposed to consider for the 5 elements in the few minutes they have to decide. Also, the scores could be made more meaningful to the audience if they just reflected the average score instead of totaling up the scores and then factoring them (for the ladies). A quick way to figure out the average score is to divide by 5 and 10 for the men's short and long and 4 and 8 for the ladies short and long. A ladies score of 30 in the short program, therefore, is an average score of 7.5. It would be a lot easier to compare the scores and see if the skater was being scored correctly with just the average instead of the total. Even better, put a 5. in front of the score, so a 7.5 becomes a 5.75. :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh, yes! I was going to mention this one myself. Flawlessly beautiful, perfectly in tune with the music, and perfectly capturing the spirit of the music. It was a footwork sequence that most crowds sat silently, not a whisper or a murmur, through, before greeting with applause. And it was always the point of this version of the program where the tears started to come, for me...

That footwork gives me goosebumps every time I see it. It's EXACTLY how IJS footwork should be executed without feeling laboured and still feeling integrated within a program.

Alba

Record Breaker
For the longest time Caro was considered overscored in components. Even up until just Worlds this year lol.

Well, Caro was overscored compared to others at the time, and she continued to be overscored later as well.