Favorite COP Footwork Sequences | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favorite COP Footwork Sequences

vlaurend

Final Flight
Thanks for this thread.

I've just been looking for memorable step sequences from the past decade, starting with men because they do more step sequences and I find they tend to have better footwork skills. I've found many worth posting IMO, and this list isn't exhaustive. Enjoy:

Braden Overett Pirates of the Caribbean

Yes!! Javier Fernandez did a great job with it, too, but Braden Overett did it first!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That footwork gives me goosebumps every time I see it. It's EXACTLY how IJS footwork should be executed without feeling laboured and still feeling integrated within a program.

And I just had to go watch it again. :)

I like how the crowd is so silent that you can hear every swish and scratch of his blades. Everything about it is just so...perfect.

I don't like that they changed it for this year's version.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
speaking of step sequence cast a spell on the audience, besides Joshua's SL, I also wanna mention Patrick's Elegie, that one I have seen it live and experienced what the audience's response is (tears in their eyes). Also, how patrick uses the sound of it's blade.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
My favorite SL of Joshua outing is last year SC, not only the step sequence but also the arrangement of technique elements jump landings, spins are perfectly woven into that music.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
That footwork gives me goosebumps every time I see it. It's EXACTLY how IJS footwork should be executed without feeling laboured and still feeling integrated within a program.
I think Yuna's IJS step sequences all of them served music interpretation well.

anyanka

Record Breaker
What I call "The Triumvirate":

Mao - Sochi FS - Rach 2
Caro - Sochi FS - Bolero
Yuna - Vancouver FS - Gershwin Piano Concerto in F