Favorite Pairs Program of this Season? | Golden Skate

Favorite Pairs Program of this Season?

cornell08

Final Flight
Favorite Short Programs:

McLaughlin/Brubaker— Unchained melody is a magical program for them. Wish they had better music cuts for the long…after the SP, its sort of a downer and shouldn’t be because Slumdog has great music!

Favorite Long Programs:

Pang/Tong—I think they’ve got a winner in this program! Wasn’t excited when I heard the music choice but it really works for them…don’t think I’ve seen a program resonate better with them since their Phantom and Paganini.
Shen/Zhao
Dube/Davison

Has potential:
(….just please change the costumes/parts of choreo)

Zhang/Zhang’s freeskate
Trankov/Mukhortova’s freeskate

Not a fan of:

Savchenko/Szolkowy....this FS just doesn't work for them. Something's just off.
K/S-- zzzzzzz

Last edited:

wewe008

Rinkside
I love P/T 's programs, especially their lp.
the dance element in the middle of lp is gorgous.
P/T are always elegent performers

schiele

Final Flight
I love P/T 's programs, especially their lp.
the dance element in the middle of lp is gorgous.
P/T are always elegent performers

Yea, I have to go with P/T LP as well.. P/T's tango programme was marvellous but I see they have a similarly nice LP this season as well.. :thumbsup:
I love K/S SP, although it's a snoozefest and I am a huge hater of snoozefests. Somehow that SP works much better than it did for.. say.. Weir.. I also like their LP, don't like the music but it works. I dont know how. :laugh:
S/S... hmmm.. not so much.. Last year's was much better..
T/M LP? with that horrible music? I don't think so..
Z/Z look also nice, I think it can be something.
D/D's requiem for a dream SP is nice as well. I like it.

cornell08

Final Flight
Almost forgot-- Denney/Barrett. I love their Scheherazade :p (not as much as Spartacus as music, but I see more details and maturity in their skating this season)

i love to skate

Medalist
D/D long is just :love: They both feel the program and you can tell it is skated from the heart. I can't wait to see the improvements they have made to it next weekend at SC!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
T/M LP? with that horrible music? I don't think so..

I think they do have a good program despite the music. This choreography works much better for them compared to their previous LP. Having one minute of 'cinema paradiso' makes the music more bearable.

Plus, almost all the pairs have made strange music choices this year. It is almost as if the ISU had set a 'sappy and sentimental' theme for pairs this season. We have 'The way we were', 'you'll never walk alone', 'love story', 'yesterday', 'who wants to live forever' and 'the impossible dream' all in one season!

schiele

Final Flight
I think they do have a good program despite the music. This choreography works much better for them compared to their previous LP. Having one minute of 'cinema paradiso' makes the music more bearable.

Plus, almost all the pairs have made strange music choices this year. It is almost as if the ISU had set a 'sappy and sentimental' theme for pairs this season. We have 'The way we were', 'you'll never walk alone', 'love story', 'yesterday', 'who wants to live forever' and 'the impossible dream' all in one season!

Yep, it is rather uninspiring in terms of music choices.. Everyone's playing it safe not to stand out in an olympics year, as usual.. Although I have to say my biggest disappointment was actually S/S's choices.. So far, only P/T have been over average in terms of music (LP)...

cornell08

Final Flight
Although I have to say my biggest disappointment was actually S/S's choices.. So far, only P/T have been over average in terms of music (LP)...

Completely agree. S/S don't really seem to click with their long program and P/T have made me actually like 'Impossible Dream'! I groaned when I heard their long program choice but now I have really warmed up to it, especially after their NHK performance. Compared to the other pairs I think it is actually the most vibrant freeskate. And how about that spanish dance interlude in the middle!? Jian Tong used to be an ice dancer before he switched to pairs and it shows! (I mean that as a compliment). This is the first season they've won both their grand prix assignments-- my money is on them for OGM, and I think they've really earned it. S/Z will be fine with or without the OGM-- they have legions of fans and already have won something just by trying to compete in the Olympics at their age!

Fae

Rinkside
I have to agree, I love the LP for P/T. Joe hisaishi, you are a genius! I actually like that song again...

as for the rest of the pairs...what is up with the weird music choices?! the pairs at COC had particularly bland music...zzz

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As a choice of music, I like V&M's choice of Pearl Harbor for their LP. It's too bad that they can't interpret it as it deserves.

Despite the sappiness of Who Wants to Live Forever, I really like S&Z's SP--most enjoyable program of the year for me so far.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I've always liked the music, John Barry always writes lovely pieces, but I've never really imagined anyone skating to it.

Hopefully, this one will work for them better. The music itself is definitely an improvement to 'You'll Never Walk alone'. Does anyone know if they will be skating their new program in Skate Canada?