Figure Skating Anime | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
WOW! Thanks to the author! I think this is really great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqmsZDubHQ - 【ヴィクトル】ニジンスキーに捧ぐ滑ってみた【Yuri !!! on ICE】

No one answered me...:sad21: I missed this information Hanyu had a comment on YOI ? If he had what did he say?

I read many comments of YOI fans under Plushenko's videos. This is an interesting conversation and I agree with it:

-I love how all the Yuri!!! On Ice fans come and watch these videos! It makes Ice skating a bit more interesting to people who were not interested before!
-Yes but like I don't understand how could I not be interested in figure skating before?? It's magnificent. My only explanation is u need an introduction... And YOI is exactly that. I love it. I love it so much. Thanks forever to the creators.
-Very nice^^ so many people are actually angry about it. Yuri on ice made figure skating more popular. It's good, not bad. Thanks.

-I don't really see why it's a problem for people to be interested in figure skating because of an anime. I think it's wonderful that people are learning who these amazing athletes are regardless of how.
- Kayrae It's not a problem. It's only a problem when people say that the only reason figure skating is popular is because of this Yuri on Ice. Or when they call these great athletes by these fictional characters names instead of learning who they really are. Other than that, it's not a problem.

really nice: -I'd like to thank yuri on ice for introducing me to this beautiful talented man

-me!! ^^ i missed him so much, thank god for yuri on ice nowdays i don't watch figure skating and also everyone talks about yuzuru hanyu but when i was kepping up with the sport Evgeni was all the talk ,i really loved watching him <3 for me he's like Victor now a star that i'll always love but Yuzuru has taken the stage xD :)

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
But then roll them to your heart's content. I'm not saying those fans aren't annoying, but sometimes it seems like some people have contact with just this part of the fandom. Idk, I just think its detrimental throwing the fans all together in one bag, even if no one is obliged to hold their hands all the time.

Though, I wonder if this is something that happens more with japanese skaters, or not? I rarely watch many Hanyu videos, for example. I never really read those kind of comments before. YMMV
They're under the comment section of most current skaters. Read the comments under Zhenia's video and you see. Some of my friends made fanvid videos of skaters and they're pretty much annoyed to see comments about Yuri on ice under their videos.
Let's just ignore the YouTube comments cause we know they're pretty much crowded. Even on Tumblr on Facebook... what I dislike the most is that they keep on spreading wrong information. :unsure: and keep acting like they understand it very well.
And they act like "hey, isn't it good that you guys have many new fans?"
Yeah if they don't spread wrong information and insist on their argument despite knowing not much of the sport.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
No one answered me...:sad21: I missed this information Hanyu had a comment on YOI ? If he had what did he say? 
:console:
No comment I'd know of :) and since he doesn't have twitter or anything, the only way to get a comment would be if someone asked him directly about it in an interview or something

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
They're under the comment section of most current skaters. Read the comments under Zhenia's video and you see. Some of my friends made fanvid videos of skaters and they're pretty much annoyed to see comments about Yuri on ice under their videos.
Let's just ignore the YouTube comments cause we know they're pretty much crowded. Even on Tumblr on Facebook... what I dislike the most is that they keep on spreading wrong information. :unsure: and keep acting like they understand it very well.
And they act like "hey, isn't it good that you guys have many new fans?"
Yeah if they don't spread wrong information and insist on their argument despite knowing not much of the sport.

Well, I guess I just don't watch much of Zhenia either. And I'm pretty active on tumblr, but not FS wise, and never saw those comments. :shrug:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:console:
No comment I'd know of :) and since he doesn't have twitter or anything, the only way to get a comment would be if someone asked him directly about it in an interview or something

Thank you..you are the only one..:luv17: I knew he has no Twitter or anything, but I hoped he was asked about it.

Matilda

Medalist
Random note: I saw an obvious YOI fan at the rink and got to talking to her as we stepped off the ice. She had started taking classes inspired by YOI and was there practicing before her next class the following day. I've seen quite a few comments from YOI fans saying they are now taking lessons inspired by YOI or one of the skaters they've started following as the result of the show, and I think that's great. I hope the skating clubs step up and start offering advanced classes for the new skating enthusiasts of all ages!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Random note: I saw an obvious YOI fan at the rink and got to talking to her as we stepped off the ice. She had started taking classes inspired by YOI and was there practicing before her next class the following day. I've seen quite a few comments from YOI fans saying they are now taking lessons inspired by YOI or one of the skaters they've started following as the result of the show, and I think that's great. I hope the skating clubs step up and start offering advanced classes for the new skating enthusiasts of all ages!
It depends on how long they're willing to follow.
As from my side, I only see annoying comments about how they find 3D versions of their favorite characters.

Barb

Record Breaker
Meoima;1632140[B said:
]It depends on how long they're willing to follow.[/B]
As from my side, I only see annoying comments about how they find 3D versions of their favorite characters.

but it is true for everyone, usually are the parents who put to their kids to take skating classes and depending of the talent and the enthusiasm of the kid he/she will continue or not. At least YOI fans are doing it on their own initiative.

TGee

Record Breaker
but it is true for everyone, usually are the parents who put to their kids to take skating classes and depending of the talent and the enthusiasm of the kid he/she will continue or not. At least YOI fans are doing it on their own initiative.

I share your hope that clubs will have a positive attitude to support and encourage late learners -- whether teens or adults -- because figure skating can be such a great lifelong sport. And once someone feels that great feeling of moving on the ice, or landing their first jump [even a waltz jump] they tend to want to come back again and again.

However, I recognize that while the club where our young skaters train certainly does have both the competitive and recreational streams well developed, and a number of adults who go to adult nationals and even the ISU adult competitions, we hear from too many teen and adult skaters on the Lutz corner who have been discouraged by their local clubs, federations or family members....

Really hope that federations in most countries can encourage their clubs to have a more positive attitude to take advantage of new skaters to build the base...

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Interesting Plushenko doesn't care of the YOI. Is he the only one among those skaters who are a little bit involved in YOI? Hanyu?

There are many skaters, who've made it publicly known to be fans of the show (the bolded ones were referenced or directly involved): e.g. Johnny Weir, Denis Ten, Stéphane Lambiel, Deniss Vasiljevs, Adam Rippon, Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Evgenia Medvedeva...

No statements by Yuzuru (or Tatsuki) as far as I know, but we might hear Daisuke's opinion soon. ;)

Btw. Ms. Kubo and Ms. Yamamoto met Deniss and Chris Trevisan in Switzerland during the Art on Ice tour a few days ago. My gut-feeling tells me they talked to Stéphane and Daisuke as well. I wonder, if they discussed a 2nd season?

https://twitter.com/ChrisTrevisan/status/828950225712721921

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
There are many skaters, who've made it publicly known to be fans of the show (several of which were most likely direct or indirect sources of inspiration for YoI characters): e.g. Johnny Weir, Denis Ten, Stéphane Lambiel, Deniss Vasiljevs, Adam Rippon, Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Evgenia Medvedeva...

No statements by Yuzuru (or Tatsuki) as far as I know, but we might hear Daisuke's opinion soon. ;)

Btw. Ms. Kubo and Ms. Yamamoto met Deniss and Chris Trevisan in Switzerland during the Art on Ice tour a few days ago. My gut-feeling tells me they talked to Stéphane and Daisuke as well. I wonder, if they discussed a 2nd season?

https://twitter.com/ChrisTrevisan/status/828950225712721921

Thank you. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I will tell you this, I was a fan of Hikaru no Go. When the manga/anime boomed, many of my friends got interested in Go game. I can't recall where are they now at all. And playing Go is cheap. Not that expensive like skating.
Tell me whatever you believe in young people, but my experience is that, their interest die soon. Especially when the subject is ice skating, not a cheap sport like playing chess at all.
Nevertheless, even if they don't keep on skating, it would be good if just several of them keep on watching and following skaters.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I will tell you this,I was a fan of Hikaru no Go. When the manga/anime boomed, many of my friends got interested in Go game. I can't recall where are they now at all. And playing Go is cheap. Not that expensive like skating.
Tell me whatever you believe in young people, but my experience is that, their interest die soon. Especially when the subject is ice skating, not a cheap sport like playing chess at all.
Nevertheless, even if they don't keep on skating, it would be good if just several of them keep on watching and following skaters.

:sad4: Sai :sad4:

I remember I bought a tennis racket and took a few summer lessons for free after getting into PoT as a young kid. And if I could have, I would have tried street racing back then as well cause I was so obsessed with initial D. :laugh:

Imagine

Medalist
So I was playing KH 2.8 today....and Aqua's finishing move in Spellweaver mode is literally a Biellmann Spin!

If you play the video in slow-mo on Youtube you can see she does a camel spin into a sit spin, into layback to Biellmann! She's spinning the wrong way though I think.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am very late to the yuri party... in fact, i just watched it last week or so... all in one shot on youtube... and i am pretty sure you guys have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EpMk3UXho

but i thought, wow this guy is so good, why not posting... even if perhaps it's been posted (yeah, i won't read the whole thread to find out)

anyways, the "human version" ... looks very much like yuzu's kinds of steps, with patrick's spins to me... but i am sure you guys have discussed long and large what living skaters yuri reminds you of ;) so no need to really elaborate... just came across that video and thought it was good