Figure Skating Gifs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Gifs

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Sorry, I hate this. Only Pogo knows what kind of person is her coach. Pogo stayed with her, doesn't want to change coach. And some FS fans launch a campaign against Anna Tsareva, because she doesn't smile too much. I don't like the constant fake smile of coaches.
Similar thing happened with Mishin. He became a very strict and harsh coach -thanks to the false allegations of the former famous disciple and the American media- in many Fs fans eyes although he is a kind, smart man with great sense of humor.

Alba

Record Breaker
I see nothing wrong with her face. I agree with gallavich and karne, when somebody is not in the mood to put on a fake smile, so what? I like people who are genuine, whether they smile like Jason Brown or Anna's coach andYulia who don't, when they don't feel it. I actually appreciate that.

blue_ice

On the Ice
Relax people, russians are just not smile faces like americans, they are very private people. It's cultural. And it doesn't mean they are not kind if they don't smile. In fact if you go to Russia, stare at and smile at random stranger it would be interpreted as an aggression or retardness. Russians need reason to smile, it's their culture. No reason - no smile.

Article "Why Don't Russians smile?" http://www.russianlife.com/blog/why-dont-russians-smile/

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lol this thread is hilarious... Anna's got epic resting b!tchface.

Between Nobu's crying, Wagner's shocked face, Murakami's ugly cry, Tsareva's ice queen face, you gotta love the kiss and cry. :laugh:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
...after her student had just messed up.

I really don't understand why anyone was expecting her to be happy!

I'm not expecting her to be happy just supportive... But there is a reason why Anna sticks with her and if it works for her than great!! Unless she is forced than I have problem.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Between Nobu's crying, Wagner's shocked face, Murakami's ugly cry, Tsareva's ice queen face, you gotta love the kiss and cry. :laugh:

I know, right? If it weren't for the K&C, this sport wouldn't be nearly half as entertaining to watch sometimes. (I'm obviously being a little facetious.)

And just to clarify my earlier comments: I agree that not all facial expressions are truly indicative of what a person may be feeling or what that individual's overall personality may be like. At the same time, I don't think someone needs to crack a smile (per se) in the K&C to come across as a nice person, although as a coach sitting with your student (regardless of the outcome), I would think one would at least attempt to put on a mildly pleasant or neutral expression.

But I do not know, maybe that expression is actually Anna's typical resting face? :confused:

*Queue Sheldon Cooper's "there there"*

I was a little confused at this at first, since I'm not a Big Bang Theory fan, but I found this short clip on YouTube, and that pretty much sums up this K&C gif pretty well. :laugh:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Relax people, russians are just not smile faces like americans, they are very private people. It's cultural. And it doesn't mean they are not kind if they don't smile. In fact if you go to Russia, stare at and smile at random stranger it would be interpreted as an aggression or retardness. Russians need reason to smile, it's their culture. No reason - no smile.

Article "Why Don't Russians smile?" http://www.russianlife.com/blog/why-dont-russians-smile/

:agree:

GypsyFe

On the Ice
I would not expect coach to be smiling - BUT seeing how upset skater was I would have expected a little more compassion & comforting.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Here is one of her happy ^^: http://makeagif.com/rTq85C

Many thanks for adding the happy :) gif of Coach Anna :) to your OP. :yay:

(Looks as if you tried to revise the thread title to: Figure Skating Gifs. If so, and in case you are not aware: only a mod is able to change the title at this point. One way to notify the mods of your request is by "reporting" your own OP.)

And thank you for the cultural context, blue_ice. :bow:

Teaching moments like this one are excellent side benefits of GS. :yes:

peg

Medalist
I would not expect coach to be smiling - BUT seeing how upset skater was I would have expected a little more compassion & comforting.

This.

I understand the cultural difference - I'm Slavic myself and when we came to North America my parents and grandparents ere very wary of people who smiled lot. But it's the fact that Tsareva doesn't interact with Anna - just sits there staring straight ahead. She could at least turn to her and say something. And even when she puts her hand on Anna's back, there's no interaction.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Many thanks for adding the happy :) gif of Coach Anna :) to your OP. :yay:

(Looks as if you tried to revise the thread title to: Figure Skating Gifs. If so, and in case you are not aware: only a mod is able to change the title at this point. One way to notify the mods of your request is by "reporting" your own OP.)

And thank you for the cultural context, blue_ice. :bow:

Teaching moments like this one are excellent side benefits of GS. :yes:

Oh haha thanks

Weathergal

Medalist
It's not like she's giving the Barbara Fusar-Poli "death stare." :shocked:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It seems her approval is very hard to earn and her affection very conditional. This is different from being strict.

I've wondered a bit how such a beautiful and talented girl like Anna got to be so insecure. Maybe a young person under tremendous pressure could use more emotional support from one of the most important persons in her life?

midorin

Spectator
Maybe the coach was thinking what went wrong and what they should do next? Many people look really unhappy when they're thinking hard.

I'm much more shocked to know how some people think they can judge someone by just watching her for a few seconds, without knowing how their real relationship is like.