Figure Skating Scoring Website | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Scoring Website

bobbob

Medalist
Thanks for the work! For the old scoring system I had a spreadsheet that could basically do total segment score and everything and had 9 judges scores too. There are a few apps on the App Store that also do this very well and you can import program sheets too but they cost a few dollars.

For the website to serve a purpose beyond that I think it would be a good idea to do crowdsourced scoring--everyone inputs their own GOE and PCS scores and we get an average and compare to the actual results. I think as mentioned above this is a really good idea because (as useless as it is) there is no good way to gauge public sentiment about scoring definitively. Perhaps this could reduce debates over scoring once and for all! :)

jccool5000

Rinkside
Thanks for the work! For the old scoring system I had a spreadsheet that could basically do total segment score and everything and had 9 judges scores too. There are a few apps on the App Store that also do this very well and you can import program sheets too but they cost a few dollars.

For the website to serve a purpose beyond that I think it would be a good idea to do crowdsourced scoring--everyone inputs their own GOE and PCS scores and we get an average and compare to the actual results. I think as mentioned above this is a really good idea because (as useless as it is) there is no good way to gauge public sentiment about scoring definitively. Perhaps this could reduce debates over scoring once and for all! :)

For sure. The problem is those apps on the app store never gets updated with the current year's isu updates. I don't really like clunky spreadsheets either. So I gave up and made my own. I'd love to make the crowdsourced scoring a thing but then it won't be a static website anymore and it'll cost money to run. I'll see if I can make it work down the road but I still got things to implement in the current app first.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We could host in on GS, but I think there would be a lot of inflation on the GOEs :laugh:

jccool5000

Rinkside
We could host in on GS, but I think there would be a lot of inflation on the GOEs :laugh:

I’m thinking of having a checklist with all the GOE bullets that’s people could check off so it’s not completely biasl. Then a graph could be shown for the number of people that chose each bullet. If you could view the least popular ones and the persons username, it would be funny to see how they try to justify it. :laugh:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would certainly be fun to have off season, i.e. fantasy competition for older programs from the 6.0 days!

Last edited: