Food!! and skating | Golden Skate

Food!! and skating

desertskates

Medalist
There was a little chat in another thread about food to enjoy as we watch our favorite competitions. I did a theme menu for myself for the first time during the GPF with Iberico ham and Manchego cheese croquettes, and it was a lot of fun. Now we have tons of national competitions coming up, and many possibilities for skating snack menus.
Does anyone else like to do theme foods to honor a country or a skater's program?
Please share any ideas or recipes :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There was a little chat in another thread about food to enjoy as we watch our favorite competitions. I did a theme menu for myself for the first time during the GPF with Iberico ham and Manchego cheese croquettes, and it was a lot of fun. ...

Digression: seems that Fernandez received a plushy version of Serrano ham as a gift at the GPF.
http://instagram.com/p/wg_wE9uJOI/ (posted Dec 12 by @florentina_tzone)​

Sorry for going off topic, but the idea of it struck my funny bone :laugh2: (which BTW is a phrase that belongs in the thread for things people used to say ;)).

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

peg

Medalist
It seems appropriate to me. ;) If anyone likes to ham it up, it's Javi! :laugh:
Sure, that works in English, but I doubt that Spanish has an equivalent translation for the word ham. Nice try though ;)

(And I'm old enough to remember the radio kind of ham)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
For an entire competition? Lots of coffee & I usually will eat a whole box of this one particular assortment of mini cookies (it has choc, choc chip, sugar, & peanut butter) throughout all 8 events ;)

eta: that's about 5-6 cookies an event, it sounds like a lot, but somehow the box goes so fast :drama:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There was a little chat in another thread about food to enjoy as we watch our favorite competitions. I did a theme menu for myself for the first time during the GPF with Iberico ham and Manchego cheese croquettes, and it was a lot of fun. Now we have tons of national competitions coming up, and many possibilities for skating snack menus.
Does anyone else like to do theme foods to honor a country or a skater's program?
Please share any ideas or recipes :)

I never thought of it before, but blinis would be nice for Russian Nationals! And some vodka to kill my nerves