Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

LRK

Record Breaker
Argentina may very well score a lucky goal - which wouldn't surprise me at all, this being football - but I don't really think they deserve to win the match.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How many blown headers for Argentina?? :bang: Iran on the other hand has been putting all of their shots and headers on target. "Tiny" deserves the win more than anyone on the field.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, what did I say? 1-0 to Argentina. And again, as the commentators said, Messsi has done very little during the entirety of the match - but it doesn't matter, does it? He scored.

BusyMom

Medalist
According to Beckham, Maradona and many more, Messi's skill is out of this world (comparing to Ronaldo)! :laugh:

Does he still suffer from the strange vomiting disorder?? :think:

LRK

Record Breaker
Hmmph... ! I'm not sure if one should not feel a bit... offended on Ronaldo's behalf? And I'm no Ronaldo fan - but say what you will about him, he has certainly put in much more hard work than Messi thus far. He isn't invisible until he scores. (Not that he has - scored, I mean - but you get my drift... )

BusyMom

Medalist
No it is not my saying. The comparisons are really from the above famous players. I'm not a fan for any of them and have no intention to care one bit.

LRK

Record Breaker
No it is not my saying. The comparisons are really from the above famous players. I'm not a fan for any of them and have no intention to care one bit.

I know, BusyMom, I was answering them, not you. :)

Also, of course I realised even while writing that "invisible" and "Ronaldo" don't really belong in the same sentence, but... I believe my point still stands. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
German and French teams so far are the ones who deserve the title. But I would love to see Columbia or Mexico win too.:popcorn:

makaihime

Final Flight
:no: I had no favorites but after the first half, I was rooting for Iran. They're the winners today in my book.

LRK

Record Breaker
After the first half I was cheering for no one. But the second half - well, that's another story. I mean, we all no doubt expected Iran to defend - but that they would actually go on the attack? I was impressed. "Heroic" pretty much sums up tteir performance in the second half. I'm not sure if they outright deserved to win - were they good enough? But they certainly deserved it more than Argentina. I think a draw would have been a fair result. But this is football, and "fair" and "deserving" don't necessarily come into it. That's why one cannot really judge of a team's performance by looking merely at the result. Anyway, Iran was a team - Argentina just seemed like a bunch of individual players.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I don't think Argentina deserved to win today. Football isn't always fair.

I hope Germany will play at its full potential today.:) And maybe with less players from Bayern:laugh:

BusyMom

Medalist
Boateng's brothers playing against each other tonight. Jerome for Germany and Kevin for Ghana. Is this the first time that happened??:confused:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
This is German team we're talking about, right? When do they have more than a couple of other team candidates? (maybe some Leverkusen during Ballack's era.)

Yeah, that's right. There's too much risk to start a match with youngsters like Durm, Ginter or Draxler. But I wish they had a chance. I have high expectations from Germany in terms of beauty of the game and I really didn't like Bayern last season. This team almost ruined such a great player as Gotze. It's quite obvious I'm not a Guardiola fan, isn't it?:laugh: