Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hmm..maybe that goal will bring some changes in the second half, the match was a little bit boring.
I'm waiting for Pirlo's free kicks.:laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
So, Alba, what do you think about the chnge of Cassano instead of Motta?

LRK

Record Breaker
Sigh...

Methinks we have misunderstood the Jinx... I think it is no Jinx, but something worse - a Curse! And it favours Latin American countries. Non-Latin American countries are "allowed" to play well while playing - and sinking - each other, but against Latin American countries... they suddenly become toothless.

Let's see how this new theory of mine pans out...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
wow, I started watching this match just before the nice goal. I think Costa Rica played really well :clap:

Costa Rica is the surprise of this world cup.:eek:
Yes, what if Costa Rica and also Uruguay reach the 1/8 finals? Well it's still open, though CR is safe and England is out.

I read about Costa Rica(a former Spanish colony) that it's a democracy since 1948. No military ruling like their neighbors. Interesting nature and wild life. Just under 5 million people living there in peace. Who could not cheer for them :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am crying in the corner! :cry::cry::cry:
But this is not the end for Italia, isn't it?
Bye bye England, though.
Fingers cross for Italia's next match. :bang:

LRK

Record Breaker
I am crying in the corner! :cry::cry::cry:
But this is not the end for Italia, isn't it?
Bye bye England, though.
Fingers cross for Italia's next match. :bang:

Which is against Uruguay... A few goals by Suarez and... "Hope deferred makes the heart grow sick" - or some such...

Alba

Record Breaker
Prandelli you deserve this and worse. :bang:
Now the Queen should give a kick in the *** to Balotelli.

Alba

Record Breaker
So, Alba, what do you think about the chnge of Cassano instead of Motta?

Wrong formation from the start. You do not put Motta, who is a static player and past hir prime since 2010, in middfield and close to Pirlo.
You start with Verratti, therefore a double playmaker so you own the midfield, and you do not leave Balotelli alone in the middle of 5 defenders but put Cassano or Insigne from the start in order to assist him and break their defense. Marchisio was dead with England as well. A part from the goal he did nothing against England. He had a terrible season with Juventus this last season.

Of course we have a ***** defense, I already said that from the beginning, and Costa Rica played very well but at leat you should put the best formation available from the start. You do not give a whole first time to your opponents.

Italy will lose against Uruguay. Ciao Italia and Ciao England. :scowl:

BusyMom

Medalist
Maybe Italy did this on purpose to make sure for England to go home. :biggrin: Uruguay with crippled Suarez is really easy peachy to beat. England is just not that up to par this time.:bang:

LRK

Record Breaker
Uruguay were okay, but not that great. But it doesn't matter - it's the goals that matter. And it doesn't matter in the match against Italy if Suarez does nothing else, but manages a few goals.

Yes, I'm bitter.

@Alba - thanks for your insights!

I do think Italy does have a chance - but I'd rather not hope too much, and be disappointed. Some hope I will always have - that can't be helped...

BusyMom

Medalist
LRK I just came from watching the game with a whole bunch of Britons. :biggrin: Believe me they brought the word Bitter up to the new level.

LRK

Record Breaker
LRK I just came from watching the game with a whole bunch of Britons. :biggrin: Believe me they brought the word Bitter up to the new level.

Well, I can't compete with them, obviously! So let's say that I'm mildly put out then. ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
And I realised that my new pro Latin-American Curse didn't actually apply to this group so far... But hey, no Curse without exception! So, until we come up with something better, I'm sticking with it... But, you know, Jinxes are just not to be trusted! (disillusioned)

Meanwhile 2-0 to France. Vive la France! :)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Wow, I'm impressed by France. It's true that they have an easy group, but I never thought about them as a team to watch at this world cup. Giroud played better in the first half than in the whole season for Arsenal:laugh:

edit: between the two matches, I came across this on a movie channel. That final was one of the most beautiful matches I've ever seen. And the Italy-Germany semi final...I was totally in love with Ballack:eek::

BusyMom

Medalist
^I'm not a fan but I think they come to Brazil with a totally new makeover. Hope Wenger learns sth here.

LRK

Record Breaker
4-0 to France.

I think France may be on their way back. I think it's too early to say, really - but there is room for cautious optimism.