Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

lmarie086

Medalist
Darn, I missed the first couple! I had to go help with groceries.

Ouch, 62.58 for the FD. Sorry, I didn't catch who they were.

Blanc/Bouquet
-stayed still for a bit with hand in front of their eyes. Ooh, another voidy French team? Yes!
-kinda awkward entrance into the twizzles out of a curve at the start of the program.
-lose speed in the footwork-she slipped.
-simple rotational lift but good positioning. but I think he was supposed to have a foot up all the way through and he put it down.
-cool straightline lift, but they looked shaky doing it.

they lost some steam toward the end, and the music doesn't really help. In fact, I could barely hear the music because there's someone talking in French almost the entire program. I think I caught something about Shakespeare in there but I can't be sure. It was distracting for me though and I didn't like it.
They have potential though IMO.
Score: 66.15? Into first for now.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Yes indeed, strange can sometimes be the norm.

Wester/Baransev. Well, it was a much better performance than at SC, but I still am not warming up to this program. I think it weighs them down. And yet while I think that, I do think the problem (IMO) could be in the choreography. It sometimes doesn't match the music very well and just seems to overwhelm them a bit. The whole thing is just such a stark contrast and while I appreciate that they want to appear edgy, I think they could have gone another way about it. I realize not everyone will see it the same way though.

He slipped at the end of the twizzles and they bumped into each other. Lifts are good, but not innovative really.
I don't like her costume.
Score: 69.15. Into first for now.

Rubleva/Sheffer: I lost interest halfway through the FD; it just kind of lost me and then I came back toward the end. One thing they need to work on footwork-they slow down sooo much!
Score: 80 even I think-screen was blurry. Into first by a lot.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I missed Fraser/Lukanin. We're having chicken alfredo tonight and it seemed like a good time to go cut up the chicken...sorry I have no idea how they did, but they are a team I just don't really care to watch. Sorry!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Carron/Jost

they are finished.

they noticeably slowed down in the middle of the program, especially in the forward drag. I am not sure this program can bring out their best

marks: 82.85

in to the lead.

lmarie086

Medalist
Of course! It's so good I can't not share it haha!

Carron/Jost: As far as Muse goes, I do prefer the Kerrs piece but I like this FD. They looked more comfortable with it than at SA to my eye, I couldn't really notice anything noticeably bad. Good speed for the most part except that they slowed down in the middle, pretty clean, I like the lifts.
I do prefer last year's FD though, even if I do think this one has potential.
Score: 82.85. Into first.

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
C/P from Canada

- This program feels comfortable. It is like boy/girl dancing.
- good/fast twizzles.
- they need some good oomphs in FD
- good dance/combo spins
- fast footwork to a very innovative lift.
- very fast serpentine lift.
- sweet ending: crowd loved it.
- i think this performance was technically better than Carron/Jost's. There were some rough edges to CJ's performance.

marks: 87.03

171 and change.
shoot into the lead.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Just pop in to say I'm still watching. What a sleep-seducing free dance so far.
The French audience do not seem to be very enthusiastic either. Looks like the Canadian federation is determined to prop up another pair since V/M had to withdraw.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Kerrs are mesmerizing. I feel bad and angry for them. I can't understand why they still haven't gotten the status they deserve. Lots of boring and generic up and comers are beating them.

lmarie086

Medalist
My only complaint about CronePoirier is how noisy they were on the blade. They were louder than the music at some points. Other than that, an excellent performance and they really shoot into the lead.

My, my the Kerrs are on fire! Did John put his foot down early on a twizzle? I really couldn't tell but if he didn't then I'd say that was spot on all the way through.
Score: 89.12? Really? I would have expected at least 90.

jan

On the Ice
The problem with the Kerrs is that they do three turns at times instead of twizzles.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
These two Italians are like a pair clowns. Awful constumes. Scratchy across the ice. They gave a bad name to that legendary music. They must be ISU's latest pet team. Kerrs should easily beat them, IMHO, well, we know that's not going to happen.