Gabrielle Daleman | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Gabrielle Daleman

John King

Final Flight
Saw Stars On Ice again! And, same as last 5 years, purchased a Meet - N - Greet pass, and got to meet the entire cast! Had a t-shirt made up for the occasion, in honor of newcomer Gabby. She (and the other skaters) were much appreciative of it (as Jeffrey Buttle was of my handing him a receipt for a $100 bank money order made out for World Vision) http://oi67.tinypic.com/nn5sg8.jpg . All in all, an enjoyable afternoon!

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
Wow, you know you've made it when your face is on a t-shirt! Nice job, John.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Given Gabby's fierceness, fire and her gorgeous looks, she was made for Carmen. This version though has me a bit confused, but I will wait until seeing the entire program before making judgements.

i agree... choreo is awesome...

gabby is awesome

but why oh why did they go with this really annoying version? Just pick the original. I hate how the singer is interpreting this... Gabby, if you hear us, ask for better music : you deserve it!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I love this programme for Gabby and her red dress really screams sensual Carmen! YAY!!!! This is going to be a stunner!

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think she is a great Carmen ... I'm not even remeber the other carmens this year ... but her LP isn't for her . Gladiator great but for her I think is better more emotional and strong gladiator then the slow ...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think her LP would be for her if she didn't use a twinkly piano version but a more powerful selection. And who is she portraying and what? Lucilla? Why not Maximus? I would love to see her fighting in the arena and then throw in some Commodus sound bites just for fun :laugh:

I mentally shut down during her SP once the singing started :noshake:

beki

Medalist
I think both programs will work, but I'm curious if she plans to upgrade her tech.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I think her LP would be for her if she didn't use a twinkly piano version but a more powerful selection. And who is she portraying and what? Lucilla? Why not Maximus? I would love to see her fighting in the arena and then throw in some Commodus sound bites just for fun :laugh:

I mentally shut down during her SP once the singing started :noshake:

I'm so mad at both music arrangements they chose for her this year, especially the Gladiator one. The costumes are beautiful and I'm sure the skating will improve as the season goes on! But those music choices really do not help her :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I just re-watched her LP, with and without the music, and I'm so mad. I going to :pray: that she left her choreography at home because nothing in this program screams Gladiator. Absolutely nothing. She could be skating to anything. There's barely any choreography to speak of and she's not really interpreting anything that I can see and trust me I'm trying. I love Gabby but..........................

Gladiator and 1 random, throw away soft arm movement here and there don't go together dammit :dbana:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Cup of China which is in a little more than 3 weeks. The competition is brutal there.

I hope she will skate her best! I know it's almost impossible that they change the music, but I really hope they use the original arrangement :(

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here are a few photos I took of Gabby at Finlandia Trophy.

She wasn't at her best there, but I actually thought her programs and music seemed quite promising. Once they are polished, I think she can make a great Carmen, and deliver an excellent light-and-shade, dynamic, Gladiator program. I thought the choreography in both programs have potential, and could suit her very well... but I guess I am in a minority in thinking that.

I was reminded of her performance at last year's Nebelhorn - an early-season competition where she gave a very similar performance and received a very similar score. Yet, by the end of the season she was on the podium at both 4CC and World's. So I'm hoping maybe this season will be like that too, or better :-D

I think she learned a lot from last year's GP events, and became mentally stronger too (I saw her at the French GP, and it seemed to me, a simple loss of focus in the FS cost her a medal there. I don't think she will easily make such mistakes again. At least, I hope not!).

Anyway, if she's fit and in good form, she is surely a podium contender in China this week - and I'll be cheering for her (well, I'm cheering for all the ladies at CoC :-D)

PS.
THOSE NAILS! Wow! o_O One fall could ruin them all

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
Holy crap good job gabby. I knew she would do well but damn. I think compared to kaetlyn i underestimate her. Im not thouh after this