Going back....Favorite Childhood Cartoons | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Going back....Favorite Childhood Cartoons

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
oh goodness so many!

Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Gummy Bears, My Little Pony, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, Darkwing Duck, Inspector Gadget, Tom & Jerry, Space Ghost (before he became super adult), Smurfs, Snorks, Muppet Babies, Transformers, XMen, ThunderCats, Top Cat, Flintstones, The Jetsons... and those are just off the top of my head!

ETA: Oh! And Johnny Quest! He had a pug!

"Gummi bears.......bouncing here and there and everywhere..." That will be stuck in my head all night. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Gummi bears.......bouncing here and there and everywhere..." That will be stuck in my head all night. :laugh:

"Magic and mystery - a part of their history. Along with the secret of Gummi Berry Juice. Their legend is growing; they take pride in knowing: they fight for what's right, whatever they do!"

That has to be one of the best theme tunes ever! :agree: :rock:

And I typed that out from the top of my head. :biggrin: Which is why I wasn't too sure if it was spelt "Gummi Berry Juice" (as you would expect) or "Gummi Beary Juice" (the writers trying to be clever)... :laugh:

And thanks for the hugs in the confessions thread. Don't think I deserve them, though, as I didn't actually know the girl. I was just a fan.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rocky & Friends, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Classic Disney cartoons (I received a DVD gift set of classic Donald Duck cartoons a few years ago - Tonichelle, you would :love: it)

When my brother was in medical school, he & his classmates would watch "George of the Jungle" & constantly sing the theme song! :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rocky & Friends, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Classic Disney cartoons (I received a CD gift set of classic Donald Duck cartoons a few years ago - Tonichelle, you would :love: it)

Is it one of the Donald Duck "from the vault" collections? I have volume 1, but vol 2 is so expensive I'm not sure I'll ever get it. :sad:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it one of the Donald Duck "from the vault" collections? I have volume 1, but vol 2 is so expensive I'm not sure I'll ever get it. :sad:

It's part of the Walt Disney "Treasures" collection - The Chronological Donald - Volume 2 - 1942-1946.

Lots of favorites before they destroyed Saturday mornings.....

Tom and Jerry - the original ones with all the background shading. My favorites were Tom at the beach, eating a pretty lady cat's hotdog while Jerry teased him. And the other favorite was when at home, they pulled the Freon tubes out of the refrigerator and flooded the kitchen floor and made an ice rink complete with spotlight.

Chilly Willy (the penguin) Favorite episode was "More Butter, More Syrup"

Silly Symphonies, Underdog, Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo, Flintstones (the old ones), Jetsons, Snuffy Smith, Crazy Cat, Bugs Bunny, and Mighty Mouse!

Wish they hadn't ruined Saturday mornings, wish they hadn't simplified the illustrations and backgrounds--they made it too flat.

But I sure loved cartoons, the old ones incorporated a lot classical music. The art form is severely lacking today. If it ain't broke...........

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grape Ape .. Grape Ape :laugh:

I never realized how many cartoons I watched as a kid were from the 70’s. I had actually forgotten all about Jabber Jaw until this thread. :hap93:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Bullwinkle Moose, Rocket J. Squirrel and... :yahoo: FRACTURED FAIRY TALES!!

EDT. As an adult I still love cartoons... Cannot wait to see Isle of Dogs

Same! I loved Bullwinkle, Underdog, Scooby Doo, and The Flintstones the best, but I kept watching cartoons all through the nineties until they died, and now, I watch anime. Kids are always surprised that a 50-something guy has seen Samurai Champloo.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Hair Bear Bunch! There used to be replays of this cartoon on tv when I was a baby/toddler.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Same! I loved Bullwinkle, Underdog, Scooby Doo, and The Flintstones the best, but I kept watching cartoons all through the nineties until they died, and now, I watch anime. Kids are always surprised that a 50-something guy has seen Samurai Champloo.

Well I think it's cool !!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This is a fun post. Mine were of course Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the whole Looney Tunes gang, I even knew the theme song "On With the Show" by heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8egdRZQknw

I also couldn't miss The Flintstones, The Jestsons and Top Cat - anyone remember Top Cat? I also liked The Rocky and Bullwinkle show - Fractured Fairy Tales and Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This is a fun post. Mine were of course Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the whole Looney Tunes gang, I even knew the theme song "On With the Show" by heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8egdRZQknw

I also couldn't miss The Flintstones, The Jestsons and Top Cat - anyone remember Top Cat? I also liked The Rocky and Bullwinkle show - Fractured Fairy Tales and Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Top Cat was great!