2024 European Championships Free Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Free Dance

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I have mixed feelings about some of the judging. That burning dumpster fire from the "Georgians" should not be scored as high as it was. Awful on so many levels.
I think the Taschlers were lowballed and Allison/Saulius were scored way to high.

I really like Loicia's and Theo's free skate. And Rocky has kind of grown on me.

Also love that one team used the Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
What an amazing night, so many great performances one after another. I really wanted Lilah and Lewis to skate lights out and put pressure on the Italians but it didn't happen, my favourites were the Czech team that skated to Swan Lake. Great crowd too, well-done Lithuania! :clap:

Skating91

Medalist
I have mixed feelings about some of the judging. That burning dumpster fire from the "Georgians" should not be scored as high as it was. Awful on so many levels.
I think the Taschlers were lowballed and Allison/Saulius were scored way to high.

I really like Loicia's and Theo's free skate. And Rocky has kind of grown on me.

Also love that one team used the Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack.

I thought the Georgians were great. Do you also have a problem with the "Lithuanian" winning a medal?

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I like Rocky.

I like Lilah and Lewis' version of Rocky.

I like it better than Allison and Saulus.

I like it better than the uber drama of Charlene and Marco, actually. If you're going to go in, go all in. And yes Charlene and Marco have slides and lifts and even skating and all that other good stuff. But the pretentiousness just doesn't speak to me and I don't think Rocky is *that* bad skating (obviously Lilah's error notwithstanding).

So there. :)

I am all about the great comp the Italians are having overall, however. :hap10:
You have summed up my feelings for the Italians, clearly very good but do nothing for me.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
But honestly, I think Finland #1 is the likely candidate—with the Taschlers having an outside shot

My cynical self's chuckling bitterly at the second part. In a universe where the Lithuanians retire after this season, Lopareva and #2 French team mess up, Smart/Dieck split or he messes up, and Eteri's daughter sits out a season, yes, a Czech team might be allowed to approach the EC podium. But they'll never be allowed to actually stand on it, I'm fairly sure of that unfortunately. There's always going to be someone the judges like more. The funny thing is, I guessed the Taschlers would be 7th to 8th before the event even started, the only difference being I thought it would be Eteri's daughter in front of them, not the other French.

I guess I might watch this EC later, but the results are sure not helping my waning interest in FS outside of Japanese skating. Pity.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
My beloveds here were the two Finnish teams, PiriHara were happy with their scores so that made me happy while Juulia and Matthias were not thus making me unhappy. But overall great skating, once I manage to graduate from college (definitely this year I swear) and save up enough money I want to go to Europeans to watch everyone live
Me too—I’m hoping for Euros in Sheffield, 2026

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Is Sheffield likely for Euros? That would be fab.
It is already confirmed it will be there. I am planning to go too, if I stay healthy. It is not so long trip and I am still working (pensioning 2029), but if I stay at my present job it needs some organization by me.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bravo, Marie and Thomas! Even if her dress makes me cling harder to my hot water bottle!

Am I imagining things, or is it the same dress as Phebe Bekker was wearing in Group 1, but in a different colour?

I didn't like the purple one on Phebe, so it will not surprise you that I don't like the black one on Marie!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
original

🦃 DUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

That was my childhood, watching Zig and Zag and Dustin on "The Den" before I went to school.

But, for goodness sake, sending him to Eurovision?! I still can't understand that. Sure, he can't sing! :drama:

He has many other talents, though.

Have you ever seen a turkey doing Ice Dance? You haven't? Well here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J05Ck5_UPj0

Enjoy! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pleased as punch? What the?

Ok now he is really trolling with us :biggrin:

What???!!!

I am really getting my eyes opened this week. People on here never hearing before phrases that we in the British Isles hear on a daily basis.

I take it you haven't come across "Punch and Judy" shows, then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch_and_Judy

The phrase is referring to Mr. Punch.

It's actually an Italian thing that we adopted. So, you can blame @elektra blue for confusing you! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Crowdproud

On the Ice
... In a universe where the Lithuanians retire after this season, Lopareva and #2 French team mess up, Smart/Dieck split or he messes up, and Eteri's daughter sits out a season, yes, a Czech team might be allowed to approach the EC podium. But they'll never be allowed to actually stand on it, I'm fairly sure of that unfortunately. ...
Another option is for Czechia to host Europeans! This seems to be a trend, as the 3rd spot on the podium goes to the host country.

amanda b

Rinkside
It is already confirmed it will be there. I am planning to go too, if I stay healthy. It is not so long trip and I am still working (pensioning 2029), but if I stay at my present job it needs some organization by me.
Last time there were lots of empty seats, so I didn't think Sheffield would do it again, but looking foward to it, just up the road!