2023 JGP Istanbul Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Pairs Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Jazmine Desrochers / Kieran Thrasher (CAN)
Warsaw Concerto by Richard Addinsel

3Tw2
2A+COMBO Fall
4RLi4
3STh Turn, hand
BoDSp3
3Li4
2LoTh
2F Stumble, hand
ChSq1
PCoSp3

Free Skate score: 91.49
Total score: 146.34

Good, but can be better. Good pairs elements, not so the sbs jumps. Already look stronger than they did at the Canadian summer competitions, but still needs a bit of time

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jazmine DESROCHERS / Kieran THRASHER CAN skate to Warsaw Concerto by Richard Addinsell, which I consider one of the most unlikely pieces of music. Being superstitious, I have seen more bad skates to this music. C'mon Canada let's not be one of the bad ones cause I really like the vibe of this team. Wow huge twist and gorgeous lifts. Gorgeous looking people too.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don"t have time to read all the threads so I ask now how is Karina S. doing?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Anastasiia Metelkina / Luka Berulava (GEO)
The Millionaire Waltz by Queen

3Tw
3S+2A+2A
3FTh
3T
5RLi3
BoDSpB
ChSq1
3LoTh Fall
3Li3
PCSp3

Free Skate score: 113.45
Total score: 181.37

I honestly don't find it super fair that they are competing in Jrs, and I don't like him at all due to his behaviour towards Karina, but I cannot deny that they are a very good pairs team.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get that the Georgian team just teamed up, but both are senior eligible, why are they in juniors?
They look like they could slay several at senior level. I am also confused. Maybe Georgia does not have enough spots in seniors?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I get that the Georgian team just teamed up, but both are senior eligible, why are they in juniors?
It's an interesting question!

Although if they're still eligible for Juniors they should be allowed to compete in Juniors.

It's a bit weird that they were previously in seniors with their other partners though, I figured maybe they'd never competed in seniors.