Grand Prix Final - Pairs Short Program - LIVE!!!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final - Pairs Short Program - LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
The battle between the Chinese and the Russians, who will come out on top. Coming up next.

The first couple: Rena Inoue and John Baldwin Jr. (USA)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Rena Inoue and John Baldwin Jr. (USA)

Technical Elements = 27.70
Program Componants = 24.72

Total = 52.42

Up next: Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov (RUS)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov (RUS)

Technical Elements = 34.44
Program Componants = 26.20

Total = 60.64

Currently 1st

Up next: Qing Pang and Jian Tong (CHN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Qing Pang and Jian Tong (CHN)

Technical Elements = 31.74
Program Componants = 28.60

Total = 60.34

Currently 2nd

1. Obertas/Slavnov (RUS)
2. Pang/Tong (CHN)
3. Inoue/Baldwin (USA)

Up next: Dan Zhang and Hao Zhang (CHN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Dan Zhang and Hao Zhang (CHN)

Technical Elements = 31.92
Program Componants = 27.36

Total = 59.28

Currently 3rd

1. Obertas/Slavnov (RUS)
2. Pang/Tong (CHN)
3. Zhang/Zhang (CHN)

Up next: Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov (RUS)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov (RUS)

Technical Elements = 37.70
Program Componants = 29.72

Total = 67.42 WOW!!!!!!!!

Currently 1st

1. Petrova/Tikhonov (RUS)
2. Obertas/Slavnov (RUS)
3. Pang/Tong (CHN)

The final skaters are: Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (CHN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (CHN)

Technical Elements = 37.88
Program Componants = 32.64

Total = 70.54

1st place

1. Shen/Zhao (CHN)
2. Petrova/Tikhonov (RUS)
3. Obertas/Slavnov (RUS)

Good luck in the free skate!!!!!!!!

Hikaru

Final Flight
GO SHEN AND ZHAO!!!! I love them so much!!

veyr interesting, Obertas and Slavnov took advantage in the technical score over Pang and Tong and the Zhangs. Although for a few points so its every pair for themselves in the free. Shen and Zhao are in a league of their own :agree:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Hikaru, it is indeed interesting. Perhaps it means that Moskvina's strategy is working -- she said that her goal for them this season is to work on difficult elements, and that only next (Olympic) season she'll try to have them put it all together for a truly well-rounded skate. So if they take the edge in technical score, that's what her goal is.

I do not believe they'll hold the lead over Pang & Tong in the free, but even being in this placement after the short in impressive. And, if they can best the Zhangs (also questionable as the difference is under 2 points), that will be quite an accomplishment as well.

Last edited:

hongligl

Final Flight
Ptichka said:
Hikaru, it is indeed interesting. Perhaps it means that Moskvina's strategy is working -- she said that her goal for them this season is to work on difficult elements, and that only next (Olympic) season she'll try to have them put it all together for a truly well-rounded skate. So if they take the edge in technical score, that's what her goal is.

I do not believe they'll hold the lead over Pang & Tong in the free, but even being in this placement after the short in impressive. And, if they can best the Zhangs (also questionable as the difference is under 2 points), that will be quite an accomplishment as well.

It was because both Pang/Tong and Zhang/Zhang made a mistake in their jumps. That being said, Pang/Tong and Zhang/Zhang need a heads-up for the pressure from the Russian pairs.

Hongligl, will you please turn on your PM thing for a quick minute? (Control panel -> Edit options -> emable personal messaging -> click at bottom.) Thanks.

Mathman (moderator)

mzheng

Record Breaker
O/S had been placed ahead of chinese P/T or Z/Z in one of the GP (I don't remember which one, may be SA). But only lost in LP and overall placed behind the chinese team.

I thinke it's still the matter of endurance. When you are tired the mistakes come.

S/Z were flawless in SP. I love their SP better than LP this season.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Im happy that Obertas and Slavnov have placed third as of now I love their skating.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
They were ahead of the Zhangs after SP in SA. I think they are at almost the same level as Z&Z, but I was surprised to see them ahead of Pang & Tong, even if it is just by a hair, with the Chinese making errors, in the short.