Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 FINAL ROUND: Grand Prix Final

alebi

Medalist
Well, the winners are indeed all different, but Hanyu is 6-th everywhere. At least something sure for your predictions.:clap:
Recall that you get the same 30 points for 6th place guessed as for the 1st.

Hope we both suspect that 6-th place for Hanyu is not more secured than the win for every one. :p

I have the feeling that Yuzuru will do way better than what I've predicted. But it'll mostly depend on which program he's going to show, the "easier" or the harder. And I hadn't the time to check any info about it (or maybe his staff didn't say anything) so I decided to be more coherent with what I've seen so far :) (plus a little of his notorious warrior spirit). I already took a risk putting Mura as my Japanese best, instead of Machida... In any case any choice is useless with these men :laugh:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My predictions

Men
1. Javier Fernandez ESP
2. Tatsuki Machida JPN
3. Maxim Kovtun RUS
4. Yuzuru Hanyu JPN
5. Sergei Voronov RUS
6. Takahito Mura

Ladies
1. Elena Radionova RUS
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS
3. Julia Lipnitskaya RUS
4. Ashley Wagner USA
5. Anna Pogorilaya RUS
6. Rika Hongo JPN

Pairs
1. Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov RUS
2. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford CAN
3. Wenjing Sui / Cong Han CHN
4. Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov RUS
5. Cheng Peng / Hao Zhang CHN
6. Xiaoyu Yu / Yang Jin CHN

Ice Dance
1. Madison Chock / Evan Bates USA
2. Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje CAN
3. Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron FRA
4. Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani USA
5. Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier CAN
6. Elena Ilinykh / Rusland Zhiganshin RUS

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have been debating all week on what to predict or even IF to predict. I dug out my calculator and did analysis of scores. Yet I am loathe to use those placements (even after all that work) because numbers can't replace instincts. I would never make it as a gambler or a skating parent, the nerves would do me in. So here goes nothing (and that is what I might score!!)

MEN
1.Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Machida
4. Mura
5. Kovtun
6. Voronoz

LADIES
1. Radinova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Wagner
4. Lipnitskaia
5. Pogorilaya
6. Hongo

PAIRS
1. Stolbova/Klimov
2. Duhamel/Radford
3. Peng/Zhang
4. Kavaguti/Smirnov
5. Sui/Han
6. Yu/Jin

DANCE
1.Chock/Bates
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Papadakis/Cizeron
4. Shibs
5. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
6. Giles/Poirer

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
MEN
Fernandez
Hanyu
Machida
Mura
Voronov
Kovtun

LADIES
Tuktamysheva
Radionova
Lipnitskaia
Hongo
Pogorilaya
Wagner

PAIRS
Stolbova/Klimov
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Duhamel/Radford
Sui/Han
Peng/Zhang
Yu/Jin

ICE DANCE
Chock/Bates
Weaver/Poje
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
Shibutani/Shibutani
Gilles/Poirier
Papadakis/Cizeron

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Can I give my predictions or did i miss the deadline?

Ladies
1.Radionova
2.Lipnitskaya
3.Tuktamysheva
4.Pogorilava
5.Wagner
6.hongo

Men
1.Fernandez
2.Machida
3.Hanyu
4.Kovtun
5.Mura
6.Voronov

Pairs
1.Stolbova/Klimov
2.Duhamel/Radford
3.Peng/Zhang
4.Kavaguti/Smirnov
5.Sui/Han
6.Yu/Jin

Dance
1.Chock/Bates
2.Weaver/Poje
3.Papadakis/Cizeron
4.Shibutani/Shibutani
5.Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
6.Gilles/Poirier

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Realistically, Hanyu could be in 6th. Feasibly, he could be 5th or 4th. So why have I foolishly put him in 3rd :sarcasm: The Christmas spirit must be making me feel generous..

Dance
1) Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
2) Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
3) Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
4) Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
5) Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
6) Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN

Pairs
1) Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
2) Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
3) Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
4) Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
5) Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG
6) Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN

MEN
1) Tatsuki MACHIDA
2) Javier FERNANDEZ
3) Yuzuru HANYU
4) Takahito MURA
5) Maxim KOVTUN
6) Sergei VORONOV

Women
1) Elena RADIONOVA
2) Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3) Anna POGORILAYA
4) Julia LIPNITSKAIA
5) Ashley WAGNER
6) Rika HONGO - Get a new PB Rika :cheer2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You guys have about 1 hour and 15 minutes! :) I am also down to the wire.

Ladies
1.) Radionova
2.) Tuktmysheva
3.) Lipnitskaia
4.) Wagner
5.) Pogorilaya
6.) Hongo

Men
1.) Machida
2.) Fernandez
3.) Mura
4.) Hanyu
5.) Kovtun
6.) Voronov

Pairs
1.) Stolbova/Klimov
2.) Kavaguti/Smirnov
3.) Duhamel/Radford
4.) Sui/Han
5.) Peng/Zhang
6.) Yu/Jin

Dance
1.) Chock/Bates
2.) Weaver/Poje
3.) Papadakis/Cizeron
4.) Shibutanis
5.) Gilles/Portier
6.) Illynkh/Zhiganshin

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Ice dance

1. Chock/Bates
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Papadakis/Cizeron
4. Shibutani/Shibutani
5. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
6. Gilles/Poitier

Pairs

1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Stolbova/Klimov
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Peng/ Zhang
5. Sui/ Han
6. Yu/ Jin

Men

1. Machida
2. Fernandez
3. Hanyu
4. Kovtun
5. Mura
6. Voronov

Ladies

1. Radionova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Pogorilaya
4. Wagner
5. Lipnitskaya
6. Hongo

blue_ice

On the Ice
LADIES

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
2.Elena Radionova
3. Anna Pogorilaya
4. Ashley Wagner
5. Yulia Lipnitskaya
6. Rika Hongo

alebi

Medalist
wow... thanks to Kavaguti/Smirnov my provisional pairs score is... ZERO!!! (please give me a serial killer smile!!! AHAHAHAHAH)

is there someone who put them last? Because I'm worried about their points gap... it's pretty impossible to regain even just one position

Last edited:

leolion11

On the Ice
wow... thanks to Kavaguti/Smirnov my provisional pairs score is... ZERO!!! (please give me a serial killer smile!!! AHAHAHAHAH)

is there someone who put them last? Because I'm worried about their points gap... it's pretty impossible to regain even just one position

I don't think anyone did :laugh:

Shucks I'm bombing for pairs. My bottom 3 for ladies is correct but I just need my top 3 to be mixed around for me to get the full points, though I think there may be an upset somewhere :bang:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, so far my pairs predictions aren't exactly looking good... The look on Ksenia's face, though, when the points came up gives me hope that they'll pull up to first, and salvage me some points there.... ("Second? You just wait for the free, and we shall see about that!")

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, so far my pairs predictions aren't exactly looking good... The look on Ksenia's face, though, when the points came up gives me hope that they'll pull up to first, and salvage me some points there.... ("Second? You just wait for the free, and we shall see about that!")

I mean honestly I don't know how she could have truly been surprised to be second if she knew D/R were clean. The simple fact is that D/R have the highest technical difficulty when they can execute it and not make mistakes, and while I don't wholly agree with the PCS D/R receive, as you can see here they are on par with S/K's in term of what they get.

too bad about K/S. Very sad.

LRK

Record Breaker
I mean honestly I don't know how she could have truly been surprised to be second if she knew D/R were clean. The simple fact is that D/R have the highest technical difficulty when they can execute it and not make mistakes, and while I don't wholly agree with the PCS D/R receive, as you can see here they are on par with S/K's in term of what they get.

too bad about K/S. Very sad.

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that she looked surprised - rather... displeased with being second, and I'd imagine that would light a fire under her to rectify that. Of course I don't know what she was really thinking, just my imagining.... and besides, I want her to feel that way so that I can get at least some points, darn it! ;)

I'm so sad about K/S - and it hasn't even anything to do with my predictions. I do wonder what happened - does anyone know? I think I saw someone mention in the practice thread that Yuko didn't make it to practice today - is she well? (I'll be looking at some of the threads I haven't read yet, maybe there is info there - but in case there isn't... )

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that she looked surprised - rather... displeased with being second, and I'd imagine that would light a fire under her to rectify that. Of course I don't know what she was really thinking, just my imagining.... and besides, I want her to feel that way so that I can get at least some points, darn it! ;)

I'm so sad about K/S - and it hasn't even anything to do with my predictions. I do wonder what happened - does anyone know? I think I saw someone mention in the practice thread that Yuko didn't make it to practice today - is she well? (I'll be looking at some of the threads I haven't read yet, maybe there is info there - but in case there isn't... )

Yes of course I understand now :)

I wonder if Yuka is hurt? Or sick like you say? I certainly hope not. They've destroyed my predictions as well lol but mostly I just wish them well as a pair and as people. They have already been through a lot and they are really very beautiful skaters when they are on.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Up to now my predictions in Ladies is almost perfect, only the judges made a mistake and placed Anna over Rika and spoiled my otherwise perfect prediction.
In Pairs I got the first two, but didn't expect K/S to bomb their program. In dance I was close as I guessed the first three...Hopefully my predictions in girls will go wrong an Julia will manage to win this. I would be delighted to lose, LOL

leolion11

On the Ice
I knew it. I'm bombing for the men :laugh: I knew Fernandez may bomb but I didn't know he would bomb that bad. Hopefully he gets it together and moves up after the long.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thought I'd check the points I'd theoretically earn based on the SP/SD standings:

Men - ZERO POINTS

Women - ZERO POINTS

Dance - THIRTY POINTS (1 prediction right!)

Pairs - THIRTY POINTS (another 1, good golly!!)

THAT'S SIXTY TOTAL!

:hb:

:laugh2:

peg

Medalist
Thought I'd check the points I'd theoretically earn based on the SP/SD standings:

Men - ZERO POINTS

Women - ZERO POINTS

Dance - THIRTY POINTS (1 prediction right!)

Pairs - THIRTY POINTS (another 1, good golly!!)

THAT'S SIXTY TOTAL!

:hb:

:laugh2:

Um.... It could have been worse? :unsure: