Gretchen Donlan and Nate Bartholomay to team up? | Golden Skate

Gretchen Donlan and Nate Bartholomay to team up?

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
At least they skate for the same country. I can't keep up with who is competing for which nation anymore. Best of luck to them if this is true.

2A3TMom

Rinkside
I hope that this is a good move for Gretchen. Had heard that she was taking a year off from BU. and frankly, as soon as the Felicia/Nate split was announced, felt that the writing was on the wall for Donlan. Think it's kind of funny...Felicia's talking about attending school full time, and Gretchen's willing to put a great education at BU on the back burner.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Sylvia at FSU pointed out that Gretchen/Nate are now listed on the USFSA's international selection pool:

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=447

Wonder if they might be in contention for the final Skate America spot now... Will be interesting to see. Aaron/Settlage have a shot at a replacement spot elsewhere, I guess.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the Zhang/Bartholomay thread

@NateBartholomay just tweeted an Instagram of himself at a ball game with both Donlan and Zhang.

Felicia and Nate threw out the first pitch at the Rays game. :cool:

In the first photo, I think that they are with Lyndon Johnston, one of Z/B's coaches? Who I guess now would be one of D/B's coaches?
(Rusty seems to be an announcer-type person for the Rays and for US Figure Skating.)​

ETA, Donlan's comments re her new partnership with Bartholomay:
Meanwhile, Donlan and Nathan Bartholomay are now training together in Florida, with coach Jim Peterson.
"Though I truly cherished our partnership together, I couldn't be more thrilled for the new and exciting life chapters Andrew and I are about to embark upon!" Donlan texted us. "Now, having found not just one but TWO Prince Charmings, I feel luckier than a Disney princess! I am incredibly excited to train with Nate and extremely grateful for the opportunity to join Mr. Peterson's training camp."

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/29/86848018 (Jul 29)​

2A3TMom

Rinkside
I'll be interested to see what happens with costuming for this couple. Always felt that Felicia's costumes did nothing for her and made her look like a four year old, and it would be nice to see Gretchen in something other than a tutu for a free skate.