GS Meeting in St. Louis | Golden Skate

GS Meeting in St. Louis

Not at the Fair, but in the Savvis Center

DATE: Thursday, January 12

WHEN: After Jr.Pairs Free and before Sr. Mens Short

WHERE: Gather around the USFSA stand

Tonichelle will be holding a sign Golden Skate

Wear some small article in the color yellow (golden, get it?): like a kerchief, ribbon, scarf, whatever.

Introduce yourselves to each other. Discuss what's been going on since your arrival at the Nationals: how good are your seats? who's looking good in practice? whose skater's mother is sitting near you? whose autograph have you gotten? whose picture are you trying to get? Any good items to buy at the stands? Any good arena food? Plan to go to dinner? Plan on meeting at practice session next day? Any predictions of the Men's Short Program?

I don't see any convenient time to meet on Friday or Saturday without taking time up at lunch time or dinner. So that is up to you.

Let's have a fun meeting.

Joe

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well, since Toni and I will be together for most of the week, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be there for sure! That's a good time to meet during the week, close enough to the big events so that most folks are in town, and I look foward to meeting many of you in St. Louis! I'll be the one with the long blonde hair who is ready to bite her nails off for the like, seven men she wants to make the Olys team, LOL :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
Well, since Toni and I will be together for most of the week, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be there for sure!

:rock: Hez and Toni on a whirl-wind adventure WOOT!

Should we organize a "group photo" ? then whoever's camera we use can post it on teh board with a "wish you were here" message :laugh:

ok no more cold meds for Toni

Speaking of which Toni needs to fix the sign... apparently she forgot how to write the word "skate" :p oops

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
We won't hold it against you that you forgot how to spell, LOL :laugh:

HEY! I didn't forget... ;) I just misplaced the memory ;)

and I think "skaet" looks way cooler than boring ol' "skate" :laugh:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I'll be there! Anybody interested in meeting up earlier?

On an unrelated note, I just bought some 8 inch stencils today, so I'll be making some nice big posters for some comps.:)

childfreegirl said:

On an unrelated note, I just bought some 8 inch stencils today, so I'll be making some nice big posters for some comps.:)
I tried to make it Wednesday but it involved two different venues. One also has to think about lunches and dinner times. Of course if someone wants to meet at 8 in the morning for practice sessions just wear something yellow and see if there is any reaction.

For your posters, don't forget GO ROHENE.:)

Joe

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I tried to make it Wednesday but it involved two different venues. One also has to think about lunches and dinner times. Of course if someone wants to meet at 8 in the morning for practice sessions just wear something yellow and see if there is any reaction.

For your posters, don't forget GO ROHENE.:)

Joe

:agree:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golly, it soundsl like so much fun. I would love to go but can't, darn!!!

Everyone have a super, super great time and make sure Joe stays out of trouble.

Dee

waxel

Final Flight
Okay, I'll play. Of course this will be an excuse to buy something yellow to wear!

Anyone have thoughts about the weather? I'm not exactly sure what to pack.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
waxel said:
Okay, I'll play. Of course this will be an excuse to buy something yellow to wear!

Anyone have thoughts about the weather? I'm not exactly sure what to pack.

if you go into the nationals folder there's a thread on the weather

sk8addict

On the Ice
ticket holders

childfreegirl said:

I will be there with lanyards & ticket holders to give away. If you would like one earlier look in section 124 row 3. I have silver hair & we also fastwalk the concourse every time the zamboni comes on the ice. Damon

Last edited:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
sk8addict said:
I will be there with lanyards & ticket holders to give away. If you would like one earlier look in section 124 row 3. I have silver hair & we also fastwalk the concourse every time the zamboni comes on the ice. Damon

Well fortunately, I already bought some (I'm so obsessive about being organized), but I'll be looking for a speedwalker.:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
look for a sign on white poster board held up by a very excited 20 year old (barely a week away from being 21!!!) that says "Golden Skate Members Meet Here!" ;):laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
And I'll be the calmer, shorter, and blond haired girl standing next to her, LOL :agree:

and I'll be the short silver haired guy with a yellow ski band across my forehead and wearing a pair of downhill sun glasses.- Hot!!

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't forget to take a Group Picture and post it somewhere for the rest of us. Maybe you could make it game for the rest of us to match the faces with the names.

Have a great time and be careful in St Louis.