Haein Lee | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Haein Lee

Vemvane

On the Ice
Haein had a fantastic skate yesterday, and was wonderful to watch. Good luck to her in the free.

Photos from the short.

gotoschool

Medalist
I think Haien Lee should have won the World Championship (in my eyes she did) and would have with fair scoring. She made no mistakes in the SP or Lp. She has beautiful grace in expression and spins, smooth fluidity and fast skating through her jumps and her step sequences with great musicality attuned to the music, and even in Japan she brought the crowd to their feet with a standing ovation in her winning freeskate. Biased scoring in tech calls, GOE and PCS made the difference.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Congrats to Haein on her golden silver! She had my favourite set of skates in the women's event. :love: Between her and Kaori it could have gone either way and I would have been fine with either outcome. The most important thing is that she seems to be happy with the result. :)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Haien Lee should have won the World Championship (in my eyes she did) and would have with fair scoring. She made no mistakes in the SP or Lp. She has beautiful grace in expression and spins, smooth fluidity and fast skating through her jumps and her step sequences with great musicality attuned to the music, and even in Japan she brought the crowd to their feet with a standing ovation in her winning freeskate. Biased scoring in tech calls, GOE and PCS made the difference.
Haien was exquisite— balletic, airy, and wonderfully expressive. I can’t speak to the scoring but her FS made the night for me! :clap::bow:

gotoschool

Medalist
Such great performances from Haien Lee at the World Team Trophy. She really conveys a sense sense of abandon and passionate expression combined with grace, sophistication fabulous flow and lovely position in her jumps and spins with no extra blade assist leading into her big combos like her marvelous triple lutz / triple toe combo. She gains excellent speed with intricate blade work, smooth stroking and has buttery smooth edges and quick change of direction movements attuned to the music in her step sequence. In terms of scoring, I believe there was a bogus q call on her triple flip just as there was a bogus q call on her triple lutz / triple toe at Worlds. Very suspicious to claim errors on opposite edge jumps in two consecutive competitions. Take a look at these differences:

Haein Lee's score on the triple flip at the World team trophy with a score of 148.57 overall
3F!q ! 5.83 X -1.14 0 -3 -2 -3 -2 0 -2 -3 -3 4.69

Now take a look at her score in the Worlds LP
3F 5.83 X 1.06 0 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 6.89

Based on this one element alone, Haein Lee should have topped 150 which she would have done if had been given the same score on the triple flip she rightfully received at Worlds 148.57+2.2 =150.77.