Hanyu 'GIFT' show was huge | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hanyu 'GIFT' show was huge

Magill

Record Breaker
Tadadam!!!
Disney+ has announced they will show GIFT SPECIAL EDITION in their service WORLWIDE, together with interviews, backstage clips, supporting materials etc.
The dates and details will be announced later but this is great news for all fans of Yuzuru Hanyu and figure skating. I thought is was worth sharing in this Edge thread as some more people might be interested to see the show+.

Mauve

Rinkside
Country
France
When I watched the show, I was really curious about the production and the creative work to bring it all together, so this is such a good news!
When he skated to Seimei at the end, there seemed to be a few clips about the making of on the big screen, so I was hoping they had thought of some kind of documentary.
Thanks for sharing the news!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It also means that the viewing numbers for the original showing (which was extended and which Disney must be aware included god knows how many internationals on VPNs :laugh:) must have been really really good.

And at a time when the ISU are making it harder and less attractive to watch competition skating - certainly harder for casual or new viewers to access it - having on of the greatest and most appealing being shown - and advertised - on one of the biggest worldwide streams for younger people can only be good for the sport.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Disney+ Japan has just announced the date!!! They start streaming Yuzuru's GIFT Special Edition worldwide from Friday, June 30. It will be available in each country where Disney+ is present and will include interviews, backstage footage etc. Yess! :clap::clap::clap:
I know some more people enquired about the date so I thought it worth sharing here and not just in his FF. We're in for a treat :)

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Disney+ Japan has just announced the date!!! They start streaming Yuzuru's GIFT Special Edition worldwide from Friday, June 30. It will be available in each country where Disney+ is present and will include interviews, backstage footage etc. Yess! :clap::clap::clap:
I know some more people enquired about the date so I thought it worth sharing here and not just in his FF. We're in for a treat :)

Congrats to Yuzu, Mikiko and everyone involved in GIFT! There are a lot of countries that can now see it.

Magill

Record Breaker
So Yuzuru Hanyu Ice Story GIFT at Tokyo Dome Special Edition, available on Disney+ in Japan since 30th June, opens today - July 14 - on Disney Plus in lots and lots of countries, including US, UK, France, Italy, Spain, India, Turkey, and more. Even more are scheduled to follow in the coming weeks.
I don't know if everyone interested in watching got the news so I thought it would be worth it to share it here.
The best way to check if it is available in your country is to check with your own local D+
The spoken part has been translated to all the D+ languages and all the language versions are supposed to be available everywhere. (remains to be seen if true or not).