Hase and Volodin share goals and aspirations | Golden Skate

Interview Hase and Volodin share goals and aspirations

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Minerva Fabienne Hase and Nikita Volodin, a recently established pairs team from Germany, share their goals and aspirations. They made their international debut at the 2023 Lombardia Trophy in September, securing the silver medal. Since then, this dynamic duo has remained undefeated. In fact, they are currently en route to the 2023-24 Grand Prix Final, continuing their remarkable journey.

Following their initial event in Italy, Hase and Volodin continued their impressive streak, claiming the title at both 2023 Nebelhorn Trophy and 2023 Budapest Trophy. Their momentum continued as they triumphed with gold in both of their Grand Prix events held in Finland and Japan. As a result, they secured a spot at the Final.

With the second-highest score among all pairs’ teams this season, Hase and Volodin emerge as strong contenders for medals and titles. Their consistent performance positions them not only as contenders for the upcoming Final but also for all the remaining Championship events of the season.

Hase boasts a rich history of international competitions, notably including the 2022 Olympic Winter Games in Beijing alongside her former partner, Nolan Seegert. Conversely, Volodin previously showcased his talent on the international Junior circuit while representing Russia. Their partnership commenced in 2022 following an introduction facilitated by their coach, Dmitri Savin. Following a week-long try-out, it became evident: they were an ideal match.

In this interview, they delve into their first impressions of each other, illuminating the elements fostering their exceptional synergy and compatibility. Furthermore, they candidly share their joint goals and aspirations. Hase particularly expresses her exhilaration at discovering a newfound ability to connect with people through her art. Looking ahead, their overarching objective is set on the 2026 Olympic Games in Beijing. Volodin elaborates on his aspiration to obtain German citizenship within the necessary timeframe to pave the way for their Olympic ambitions.

Additionally, they discuss their pursuit of integrating new technical challenges into their routines and delve into the specifics of their two programs for the season. Their short program is to “Stay” by Rihanna and Mikky Ekko, while their free skate is set to “The Path of Silence” and “Power of the Mind.” Both skaters divulge their slight preference for one of the programs and share their aspirations regarding future styles they dream of exploring.

Weathergal

Medalist
I thoroughly enjoyed that interview! They are a charming pair, and the interviewer did an excellent job.

I found their discussion of music preferences and types of programs they might explore particularly interesting.

Their situation reminds me a bit of Volosozhar / Trankov in that they both had some success with other partners but when they got together they were somehow "more than the sum of their parts." I also think that V / T had such great chemistry, and I think that H / V have a great chemistry as well.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a wonderful interview. I especially enjoyed how, near the end, they spoke of each of their coaches/team members and pointed out how each one contributed. Especially the choreographer, who watches their programs 100 times after each competition and then sends them changes or small alterations, such as what to do with an arm here, a head there. This is something I've noticed with their skates -- they're attentive to the very small movements, with their heads and upper bodies, which make such a difference in how their connection is perceived by the audiences, and how involved the audiences are with the emotions they're conveying. I think it's quite different from taking acting lessons and using them. Minerva and Nikita are performing, and I feel their performing comes from a genuine place. Their authenticity comes across in this interview as well. Oh, and another thing -- I feel they are equally stars. ⭐