Hawayek and Baker out of Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hawayek and Baker out of Worlds

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so glad Kaitlyn listened to her mind and body which seemed to be saying take a break, you can’t force a recovery. I am relieved to see the positive tone of both skaters messages, especially the part about turning towards next year. Have fun selecting your music and come back to us healthier and mentally stronger. Don’t worry, this fan and many more will wait and cheer you on when you are ready. Kudos to Jean-Luc for being so supportive - please take time for your own recovery of anything that ails you as well.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
OMG That is out of line. You might think that but not a spectator's role. No wonder figure skating has so many eating disorders.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am disappointed in not seeing them at Worlds but totally supportive of the decision. I applaud the maturity this takes.

I'm also wondering if they are considering a complete reboot-maybe a coaching change and return to the US so that they are closer to family and can work. I think they needed the weeks between Nationals and now to fully accept that they could not return this season. I like that both Kaitlin and Jean-Luc seem on the same page emotionally although that may be hard to detect beyond the writings on Instagram etc. But I hope that is the case and I hope their journey continues next season.

This puts alot of pressure on Green and Parsons to place in the top 10 unless Chock and Bates win, which is entirely possible. Pressure is a privilege!
Kaitlyn absolutely adores Montreal. Jean Luc I am not so sure of. I would be flabbergasted if they were to leave, regardless of my opinion of where I would like them to go. I’ve been wanting them to go for a long time and have just had to learn 1. They’re not moving and 2. They’re going to be underscored. I can’t fix either thing so I just have to enjoy what they put out on the ice. I don’t see them moving to skating for the UK at this point being advantageous for them - they’re the #2 pair in the US, and will be the #1 pair when C/B decide to retire. I see no reason for them to move to be #2 in the UK.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so glad Kaitlyn listened to her mind and body which seemed to be saying take a break, you can’t force a recovery. I am relieved to see the positive tone of both skaters messages, especially the part about turning towards next year. Have fun selecting your music and come back to us healthier and mentally stronger. Don’t worry, this fan and many more will wait and cheer you on when you are ready. Kudos to Jean-Luc for being so supportive - please take time for your own recovery of anything that ails you as well.
No one will ever convince me they aren’t dating.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No one will ever convince me they aren’t dating.

Even though they aren't. One can be close to and super supportive of ones skating partner and not date.

I thought Weaver and Poje were dating, based on their social media posts. I would consider them an example of skating partners who were close and super supportive but definitely not dating. If @Ic3Rabbit says they aren't dating, I believe her.