Honoring Slovenian skaters | Golden Skate

Honoring Slovenian skaters

HumbleFan

Rinkside
In my opinion, the Slovenian government should decorate Daša Grm somehow. She has done so much to represent her country. (And she is a top athlete, and a true skater, but I'm thinking this from the narrow country perspective.) I actually don't know any other Slovenian by name - I bet you don't either - it's very well possible that she is the most famous Slovenian. So, if you happen to know anybody from the Slovenian civil service, drop them a line!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Actually there are so many other Slovenian skaters from the past who have also represented their country well, a few going to the Olympics.
Luka Klasinc
Mojca Kopač
Teodora Poštič
Gregor Urbas

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
In my opinion, the Slovenian government should decorate Daša Grm somehow. She has done so much to represent her country. (And she is a top athlete, and a true skater, but I'm thinking this from the narrow country perspective.) I actually don't know any other Slovenian by name - I bet you don't either - it's very well possible that she is the most famous Slovenian. So, if you happen to know anybody from the Slovenian civil service, drop them a line!
Um… while I admit dasa grm has done a lot for Slovene figure skating. Slovenia has won loads of Olympic medals in other sports competitive to our small population. I think she should win an award but no because of your ignorance but because of all the work and effort she has put in to Slovenian figure skating.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Uhm, I'm not knowledgable about Slovenia, but I do know for instance Tadej Pogacar, Primoz Roglic, Janja Garnbret (and at least by name Luka Doncic, Primoz Peterka, Tina Maze). I like Dasa Grm, but I think those are all much bigger names. :D Slovenia is a bit overperforming in comparison to their number of inhabitants. :LOL:
(Sorry for not using the right letters, they all need special key combinations on my keyboard...)

HumbleFan

Rinkside
Um… while I admit dasa grm has done a lot for Slovene figure skating. Slovenia has won loads of Olympic medals in other sports competitive to our small population. I think she should win an award but no because of your ignorance but because of all the work and effort she has put in to Slovenian figure skating.
I think she's certainly done a lot. It's quite exceptional for a woman to skate at that level up until her age. Thanks, Daša! We love you 4ever!