how to reply to thread due to timeout! | Golden Skate

how to reply to thread due to timeout!

citrus

Rinkside
I don't see any place to send the moderators a msg so here goes.

I submitted a "replay" to a thread and it went bye-bye. I get the login prompt screen; & after doing the login, I get a screen saying I didn't specify a thread to post the msg.

The only way I was able to post anything was to select "quote" from someone's posting which allowed me to submit the "reply" without the login prompt.

It does look like I'm doing things wrong but am I the only one encountering the flakey logins?

Try it again on this thread. When you hit "reply" do you see the name of the thread "The Edge->how to reply to a thread due to timeout?"

Try both of the "Reply" buttons, at the top and at the bottom. Does either one of them work?

Mathman

PS. In a little while I will move this thread to the "feedback" folder. Look for it there to continue this dialogue.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
also, you can always PM a moderator or use the feedback folder. That's the best way to get our attention! :)

citrus

Rinkside
If this shows up ok, then the inability before could be that I didn't subscribe to the particular forum/topic? But then I didn't subscribe to "feedback" either...

I did try to reply both with the top & bottom buttons.

citrus

Rinkside
hmmmm, the reply works now.

Would have been less trouble for everyone else if I wasn't required to register in order to
enjoy reading the various messages. The registeration requirement influenced an itch to post a reply sometimes even if I didn't know what I was talking about.

If this shows up ok, then the inability before could be that I didn't subscribe to the particular forum/topic? But then I didn't subscribe to "feedback" either...
No, you do not need to subscribe to a particular forum or topic. If you "subscribe" that means you will get an email message every time someone posts to that thread or topic.
hmmmm, the reply works now.
I guess it was just one of those mysterious computer glitches that make cyber-land so much fun. Yesterday my scroll bar didn't work on GS and I could only read the bottom posts on each thread. I logged off and then logged back on and it was fine. I think it was my own computer playing tricks on me.
Would have been less trouble for everyone else if I wasn't required to register in order to enjoy reading the various messages. The registeration requirement influenced an itch to post a reply sometimes even if I didn't know what I was talking about.
A cool if unintended consequence of requiring people to register. This has to be done during peak times (such as during Worlds coming up) in order to save bandwidth. But what happened is that a lot of former lurkers signed up and, like you, are now posting merrily away. That's great! Welcome to the board.

Mathman:)

PS. One source of error is that if you make two posts in a row real fast (or if you edit your post twice quickly) sometimes the board won't let you do the second one. This is to prevent spamming by automatic programs. Just wait a minute or so.

Last edited: