I am going to COI for the first time! | Golden Skate

I am going to COI for the first time!

76olympics

On the Ice
I was almost scared to say because I was afraid to jinx it. My husband said we could go as a late anniversary present. It will be the first skating show that I have managed to attend and the first time I will see REAL LIVE SKATERS! I am a country cousin compared to most of you.

When I saw that it was coming to our town, I was excited (it hasn't come for a few years). We have really good seats (let's say this will be my ONLY anniversary present). It will be so cool to see all of the Olympic athletes. Lambiel, Plush, Weir, Sasha, B and A, Irina and more are scheduled.

I can't wait until May!

Lucky you, it's an amazing show.

One interesting thing is that most of the audience is usually families with young children, and the most popular acts are the acrobats, the hula hoop girl and comedy from Dan Hollander!

MM :)

SusanBeth

Final Flight
That's great! I hope you enjoy it. I'll be going to SOI for the first time later this month. My daughters gave me tickets for Christmas. I was touched by the gift and by their willingness to spend a Saturday evening at an ice rink with their Mother! What a sacrifice! ;)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I have to wait till August, but my ticket for the San Francisco show came last week. Last year was my first COI, and if this is the first time you've seen skating live, you'll be amazed - television does nothing to convey the true speed of the skaters.
Happy anniversary!
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that is awesome! This summer will be my first time too! It'll be my first BIG show (that's right I don't count Disney On Ice or the Skating Spectacular as BIG lol) and I'm excited even if it ISN'T SOI lol:clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope you have a blast, like everyone said: seeing skating LIVE is so much better than watching it on TV. :love:

76olympics

On the Ice
OH NO! They cancelled the show here--just got a notice that we will be refunded from the ticket agency. Slow ticket sales plus transportation difficulties. I am so gutted! I shouldn't have told anyone until the night before and held my breath until then. I going away to mutter sadly for a while.....

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
You would have loved it! I've been three times, and loved it each time. I hope you can go next time.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Ravyn Rant said:
I have to wait till August, but my ticket for the San Francisco show came last week. ...
xoxo
Rave

I thought that I was going to the Anaheim show, also in August, but I haven't gotten my tickets yet. Do you know where I can check to find out what is going on?

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
aww 76Olympics I'm sorry to hear this. :( Is there any other cities near enough that you could go to instead? Or what about a Stars on Ice show?

R.D.

Record Breaker
A quick question...if you buy a ticket to a show and then they later cancel it, do they tell you the nearest location that the show WILL be playing and offer you a ticket to that event instead? Or do they just refund your money and say basically "Too bad"?

76olympics

On the Ice
Actually, they just say there will be no show and you will be refunded, but.....

My husband went on the computer and got us tickets at a bigger venue 2 hours away! We will probably have to spend the night -Granny to rescue as our child would not enjoy this. He has autism and loud noise is anathema to him (he just barely tolerated Sesame Street Live and he is a card carrying Muppet fanatic).

Cross your fingers for me, everyone! I would love to see this. This is the Jacksonville show and my husband says he knows right where it is.

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Aww, that's great! Your husband definitely was thinking smart by looking into another close by show for you guys! Have a great time!! :clap:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
attyfan said:
I thought that I was going to the Anaheim show, also in August, but I haven't gotten my tickets yet. Do you know where I can check to find out what is going on?

Hi, Attyfan! I'd go back to the website from which I purchased the tix and look for a customer service e-mail, or an 800 number, but I wouldn't start to panic just yet. I was very impressed that they got the ticket to me two weeks after I made the order, but last year it took closer to a month, IIRC.
It's going to be really hard to wait until August for this show!
xoxo
Rave

IDLERACER

Medalist
76olympics said:
OH NO! They cancelled the show here--just got a notice that we will be refunded from the ticket agency. Slow ticket sales plus transportation difficulties. I am so gutted! I shouldn't have told anyone until the night before and held my breath until then. I going away to mutter sadly for a while.....
The price is a big deterrant for most people. This is one show that you never have to worry about not being able to get seats for. I've seen it twice, and both times, the arena was half empty. If they would charge half as much, they would get twice the attendance.