If you have pets, have you named them after skaters? | Golden Skate

If you have pets, have you named them after skaters?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have noticed that here in Finland some people have named cats named after famous hockey players. How about skaters?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Off topic, but I named my cat "Jax" after the character in "Sons of Anarchy" :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've had a number of Betta fish over the years all of whom I've named Fishshenko. Originally I did name one Plushenko, but Betta fish don't live super long and alas one day he died. I told my boss at the time this and she thought for a second I was talking about the real Plushy! I decided it was a bad omen thus the switch.

Here's the current Fishshenko:

That reminds me! Someone owns a racehorse called Plushenko, which I find hilarious for some reason. (A Google search seems to show more than one Plushenko horse, so who knows how many there are :laugh2:)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My baby girl, Yuka (Jan 2003-May 2013), was named after Yuka Sato.

Now I have a little boy named after the Disney character Stitch... big mistake. He is just as insane and destructive as that little cartoon alien.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I haven't yet named any of my pets after skaters, but at university I owned a potted plant called Evgeni (after Plush). Seriously, I'm not kidding. My flatmate was pretty useless when it came to plants, so when I asked him to water the yucca, he didn't know which of the plants I meant. So I named the yucca Evgeni, which in all it's ridiculousness got stuck in my flatmate's head, and he never mixed up the yucca and the ficus (Maggie, btw) again. To this day, Evgeni is going strong, now at over two metres high sitting enthroned on our patio.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Rika is one year old! She is the one wrapped around my wife's shoulders as we watched the Russian GP.
aaa mal 2.jpg

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I adopt rescues who come prenamed so I keep the name or make slight changes... Rocky became Loki, Roman became Norman (after a very dear friend now gone), Podevis became Podameron “Po” after the Star Wars resistance pilot. In negotiations to adopt a dog, Gara who will become Gabrielle “Gabby”.. she is 12 years, thick black fur with a frosted face.. fingers crossed things go well

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I adopt rescues who come prenamed so I keep the name or make slight changes... Rocky became Loki, Roman became Norman (after a very dear friend now gone), Podevis became Podameron “Po” after the Star Wars resistance pilot. In negotiations to adopt a dog, Gara who will become Gabrielle “Gabby”.. she is 12 years, thick black fur with a frosted face.. fingers crossed things go well
I love it! Sometimes we change the names of foster dogs.....Mostly all our dogs become known by names like "NoNoDamit" LOL!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love it! Sometimes we change the names of foster dogs.....Mostly all our dogs become known by names like "NoNoDamit" LOL!
Oh yes! When caught in the act of doing something crazy, the name goes out of my head and it’s “Hey you!!” Somehow the culprit knows who I am referring to LOL!!