Imagine you are a journalist... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Imagine you are a journalist...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Just my two cents, but my hunch is that whether asked in private or in public, Max very readily would give Yes as his answer.

For one thing, I get the sense that the opportunity to belong to the OTC community and to work/train (and play) with fellow athletes from a variety of sports means a lot to him.
Even though he has not yet :ghug: been an Olympian, I hope/believe it has been gratifying to Max that his experience as a hopeful has been as steeped in the Olympics as it possibly could be.

Well, didn't he miss Sochi by 1 spot? That had to have been difficult as he was the defending champion going into that event, right? Here's a question. If we have 3 spots for our singles skaters, can we take 4th skater for the team event? Assuming Nathan repeats as Champion, if he doesn't want to do the team event, can another skater replace him.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
To Mr. Orser: what's your plan to meet with your family after the season start? You students will be in every GP assignments, nationals, euro championships, autumn classic, Olympic qualifying events. Tell us the truth, can you teleport?
To Kevin Reynolds: why you just say your are done training with your SP in IG? Why don't you just tell us the title of the music? Why do you hang us there for fun?
To Yuzuru: did Swarovski contacted you for sponsorship?
To Jason brown: how can you be so happy all the time, can you run a workshop for skating fans?
To Jun Kwan Cha: you are 174cm now, do you think it will impact your ability to jump if you grow ever taller?
To Nathan Chan: is not cutting your hair a part of your new program?
To Adam rippon: what will be the colour of your hair this season?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, didn't he miss Sochi by 1 spot? That had to have been difficult as he was the defending champion going into that event, right? ...

But nothing to do with what I wrote in response to your question as to whether he is happy training in Colorado.

... If we have 3 spots for our singles skaters, can we take 4th skater for the team event? ...

No. No federation can take a fourth entry to the Olympics for the team event.

... Assuming Nathan repeats, if he doesn't want to do the team event, can another skater replace him.

If Nathan repeats what? Repeats as the national champion?

And as an aside: Again, only my two cents, but I cannot imagine that Nathan would not want to compete in the team event. Just my opinion.

mrrice

Record Breaker
But nothing to do with what I wrote in response to your question as to whether he is happy training in Colorado.

No. No federation can take a fourth entry to the Olympics for the team event.

If Nathan repeats what? Repeats as the national champion?

And as an aside: Again, only my two cents, but I cannot imagine that Nathan would not want to compete in the team event. Just my opinion.

When does the team event take place in relation to the individual events? Plushy and Yulia both skated in the team event but, I don't remember Plushy skating singles. I think he hurt his hip or something. Are there no alternates in the games?

lappo

Final Flight
When does the team event take place in relation to the individual events? Plushy and Yulia both skated in the team event but, I don't remember Plushy skating singles. I think he hurt his hip or something. Are their no alternates in the games?

OT. I don't remember exactly the rules but I think that they can bring an alternate that can be used in the event someone gets injuried (Plushy injuried himself and had to withdraw from the single event). I don't think the federation can use skater A, B, C for the team event (of which maximum two are selected to skate) and skater A, B, D for the individual event unless skater C has withdrawn. I don't remember why the possible alternates were not used in Sochi, maybe it was to late to bring one in because Plushy injured while warming up (there is the video of this, with him going to the board and receiving a huge applause from the crowd). Hope that someone with more knowledge can give you more information on this subject.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
1. To Maria Staviskaya. what has it been like to have two failed partnerships in two successive seasons, are you going to continue?
2. To B/S specifically Katia, what motivated you to still take the chance to take meldonium even when you knew it would be banned soon?
3. To S/K is love so blind that you're willing to put up with any behaviour to win gold? Or is it that the gold medal is more important?
4. To Oleg Volkov, what really went down between you and Zhulin?
5. To S/B, why create so much hype for yourself before the start of the Olympic season? But more importantly what are your music choices for this season?
6. To Morozov, What are you doing at 40 years old courting teenagers, are real women too aggravating or are they too intellectually challenging for you?
7. To Lena Ilinykh, aren't you disappointed that your actual father never beat the crap out of Morozov after the stunt he pulled with you, all for the sake of a Olympic medal?
8. To Marina, tell me, how do you really, really feel about Katsalapov's character?

Well, Im just getting started, really like this thread.:):p

EDIT;

9. To Shibnev, you're a mystery, tell me about yourself? Both Morozov and Zhulin wanted to work with you but in some circles you're seen as talentless? How does that make you feel?

10. To Vasilisa, what went down with you and Shibnev? Did you think you could do better? Was the ick factor too much for Anton or did hubby decide he'd rather train his daughter? What is it like seeing your husband remake you in the image of his former student, EI? Strange? By the way would you consider a career in media, you seem to have a natural flair for it?

And with those kind of questions you had the NERVE to drag Vaitsekhovskaia for being unprofessional sports journalist? You're actually worse than her then. Shame on you.

P.S. And I strongly suspect that you will never ask most of these questions face to face. But I guess you can always work for nasty yellow pages if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

gmyers

Record Breaker
1. To Maria Staviskaya. what has it been like to have two failed partnerships in two successive seasons, are you going to continue?
2. To B/S specifically Katia, what motivated you to still take the chance to take meldonium even when you knew it would be banned soon?
3. To S/K is love so blind that you're willing to put up with any behaviour to win gold? Or is it that the gold medal is more important?
5. To S/B, why create so much hype for yourself before the start of the Olympic season? But more importantly what are your music choices for this season?
6. To Morozov, What are you doing at 40 years old courting teenagers, are real women too aggravating or are they too intellectually challenging for you?
7. To Lena Ilinykh, aren't you disappointed that your actual father never beat the crap out of Morozov after the stunt he pulled with you, all for the sake of a Olympic medal?
8. To Marina, tell me, how do you really, really feel about Katsalapov's character?

EDIT;

9. To Shibnev, you're a mystery, tell me about yourself? Both Morozov and Zhulin wanted to work with you but in some circles you're seen as talentless? How does that make you feel?

10. To Vasilisa, what went down with you and Shibnev? Did you think you could do better? Was the ick factor too much for Anton or did hubby decide he'd rather train his daughter? What is it like seeing your husband remake you in the image of his former student, EI? Strange? By the way would you consider a career in media, you seem to have a natural flair for it?

Great questions! Real questions!!

To shibuatanis- if you saw a skater beating up another skater would you go to the police and go public and try to get the skater banned?
To S/b- why do you think almost every other country has its best dance teams training in North America? Why train in Russia?!

And with those kind of questions you had the NERVE to drag Vaitsekhovskaia for being unprofessional sports journalist? You're actually worse than her then. Shame on you.

P.S. And I strongly suspect that you will never ask most of these questions face to face. But I guess you can always work for nasty yellow pages if you want.

These are very professional questions. They are based on truth and fact.

Snow63

Record Breaker
These are very professional questions. They are based on truth and fact.
Didn't know that sports journalism fell so low. And speculations and assumptions are not always truth and facts. Same goes for your questions in this thread.

P.S. If journalists actually asked this kind of questions they would probably be injured sooner or later.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

EDIT;

It is amazing that you can go into a thread like this and in one post find out a whole pile of news that you had missed!

Really sorry to hear about Maria Stavitskaya and Andrei Bagin splitting. I actually thought they had potential.

On the other hand, I am not sorry to hear about Vasilisa Davankova and Anton Shibnev splitting. Stavitskaya did a lot better in her second season in Dance after ditching him, so I am expecting Davankova to do the same.

As for her hubby, I think you are going a bit far in saying he should be in prison. Yes, his wives and girlfriends are getting progressively younger as he gets older, but at the end of the day, they were all legal.

If anybody should be in prison, it is Karel Fajfr. And if you want to know why, just look at his Wikipedia page.

But, this is getting way off topic for this thread.

CaroLiza_fan

bramweld

Record Breaker
Didn't know that sports journalism fell so low. And speculations and assumptions are not always truth and facts. Same goes for your questions in this thread.

P.S. If journalists actually asked this kind of questions they would probably be injured sooner or later

Come on, live a little. I think this thread is a little tongue and cheek, partly it's about asking those questions the average journalist wouldn't dare ask. But hey you can always continue huffin and puffin if it floats your boat. Happy Sunday!!! :angry1::rofl2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think I'd like to sit down with retired OGM's. Maybe Brian Boitano, and ask him what he thinks about the "Team Event" Does he think it's a valuable event. Would he have been happy to take an individual silver and win the team gold had the event existed in 1988? I still don't know the order of things but, I imagine you'd want to be your best for the individual event if you haven't already won. I think about 1994, when Katarina and other retired skaters returned to the Olympics. With no real chance to win the Gold, I would imagine she would have skated in the team event to help her country and skipped the solo portion. Do skaters have that option?

Did Tessa and Scott skate in both events in 2014? How do they feel about the team event?

lappo

Final Flight
I think I'd like to sit down with retired OGM's. Maybe Brian Boitano, and ask him what he thinks about the "Team Event" Does he think it's a valuable event. Would he have been happy to take an individual silver and win the team gold had the event existed in 1988? I still don't know the order of things but, I imagine you'd want to be your best for the individual event if you haven't already won. I think about 1994, when Katarina and other retired skaters returned to the Olympics. With no real chance to win the Gold, I would imagine she would have skated in the team event to help her country and skipped the solo portion. Do skaters have that option?

I think they have this option, if their federation allows them to skip it and if they have more than one entry in the category. I think (and also hope) that S/H will leave the team event to the other two pairs, since China doesn't seem to be consistent enough in ladies and dance to have a shot for a medal and the individual pair competitions is basically attached to the team event, where they are serious contenders. It may be possible though that they want to skate the SP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

team event is first....
skaters assigned to the team must skate singles events as well...unless there is an injury preventing them to do so. the point of having the team event is that they could present another "team mixed" sport without raising the number of skaters in it....so no a skater cannot just skate on the team and let someone else do singles.

lappo

Final Flight
team event is first....
skaters assigned to the team must skate singles events as well...unless there is an injury preventing them to do so. the point of having the team event is that they could present another "team mixed" sport without raising the number of skaters in it....so no a skater cannot just skate on the team and let someone else do singles.

You are right, I completely understood another thing from Mrrice question! Sorry for this and thanks for correcting! :thumbsup:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Come on, live a little. I think this thread is a little tongue and cheek, partly it's about asking those questions the average journalist wouldn't dare ask. But hey you can always continue huffin and puffin if it floats your boat. Happy Sunday!!! :angry1::rofl2:

Well, thank you for your blessing for me to continue 'huffin and puffin', I really needed it. And it's one thing to ask a question 'the average journalist wouldn't dare ask', and the other is to be downward rude and disrespecftul. And if you don't see the difference and really think that some of your questions are 'tongue and cheek', so be it :confused2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Did Tessa and Scott skate in both events in 2014? How do they feel about the team event?

Tessa and Scott skated both the SD and the FD for the Sochi team event.

Scott was the official captain of the Canadian team and Tessa was assistant captain.
I believe that they were very proud to lead the Canadian team and that they are very proud of their team silver medals.

Ender

Match Penalty
I would ask them about one day of their practice when a competition is near.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, thank you for your blessing for me to continue 'huffin and puffin', I really needed it. And it's one thing to ask a question 'the average journalist wouldn't dare ask', and the other is to be downward rude and disrespecftul. And if you don't see the difference and really think that some of your questions are 'tongue and cheek', so be it :confused2:

Thanks, it's good to know we can just agree to disagree. :hap10: