Isadora Williams | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Isadora Williams

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Can anyone tell me where Isadora is competing this weekend?

She will compete at the Chesapeake Open, in Baltimore.

I’m looking forward to it, last week she posted a video on Insta doing a 3Lz3T and she has new programs (with new dresses, hopefully!)

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
A report from a Brazilian winter sports blog stated that Isadora had a less than ideal preparation for the competition, mentioning she didn't practice enough and was also in pain on the ice (In Portuguese: http://www.brasilzerograu.com/2018/08/isadora-williams-sexta-colocada-philadelphia-summer.html?m=1)
Isadora herself tweeted she is currently injured :( I'm really hoping she has a speedy recovery!
"Melhoras", Isa! Get well soon!
https://mobile.twitter.com/IsadoraBrasil8/status/1026458389600194561
Seeing that the Brazilian Ice Sports Federation has announced she's scheduled to compete at the US International Classic, it seems to be a minor injury

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Today she wil be competing at the US International Classic!

VAI ISAAAA!!! :cheer:
I hope everything turns out how you planned today!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Isadora is competing in Mentor Torun Cup, going second after SP (she seems to have recovered from her injury).

Good luck in FS Isadora !!! :hap10:

PS: you can find live streaming on youtube ;)

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Here's hoping she can be even better at 4CC! She confirmed her participation at social media.

Good luck, Isa! :cheer:

(Also happy for the silver, a medal is never too much :) )

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Isadora is participating in 4CC, her SP wasn't as good as in Mentor Torun Cup but it was still great :clap:

Good luck tomorrow with the FS :cheer:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In view of Isadora's upcoming participation in the Worlds Championships, I've updated her OP. I've added all the results, the programs and some videos from this season. Enjoy :)

BTW, good luck at the Worlds! I hope she'll qualify to the FS.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
My translation from an Brazilian website's article regarding Isadora's retirement this season:
"After not qualifying to the Winter Olympics, Isadora Williams decides to retire"
Isadora Williams, the main representant for winter sports in Brazil in the last decade, is hanging her skates by the end of this season. The figure skater wasn't able to secure a spot at the Beijing Olympic Games, to happen in February next year, and has decided to end her career. "I've competed in two olympic games and my dream of taking part in the Games twice has come true. Beijing would be kind of an extra thing, just for fun. It was never my actual goal to compete in 2022. Nevertheless, I trained a lot to qualify, but it just didn't happen. Now I have new dreams and I've set new goals" Isadora told us during a video call, directly from the United States.
(... I won't translate this part because it's just a basic recap of her career...)
But then the pandemic hit. "I wasn't able to train then. In the US the quarantine rules were very strict. The rink where I used to train in NJ was closed for six months. I didn't know at the time whether I'd be able to keep going, if there'd even be a skating season, there were no competitions happening. It was so weird." she said, juggling between English and Portuguese.
After growing as an athlete in Virginia, the Brazilian athlete moved to New Jersey for college. During the pandemic, however, she came back to her parents' house, and resumed skating only at the end of 2020. "It wasn't the same, you lose muscle, you lose rhythm. I don't want to give any excuses, but I was 24 already, it wasn't easy at all", explains the skater, who had to deal with a fracture on her foot.
In September, she competed at Nebelhorn Trophy, in Germany, the last Olympic qualifiers, as quite the underdog. After placing 32nd in the short program, she withdrew from the competition without skating at the free skating segment, then saying goodbye to any possibility of a Olympic qualification for Beijing.
Before retiring, Isadora will come to Brazil, in december, to compete at Nationals, which are happening at the rink built by the Brazilian Ice Sports Federation at a warehouse in São Paulo (Arena Ice Brasil). "What happened in Germany was disappointing, so I want to redeem myself. I don't want Nebelhorn Trophy to be my last competition. I want have a last great showing" says Isadora, who is still deciding if she will compete in March at the World Championship one last time.
As Williams is about to graduate, she intends to move to São Paulo in the near future and teach skating to young Brazilian athletes, passing on the knowledge of almost two decades at the US figure skating environment. As for her plans, she would work remotely for American clients, making money out of that job, but staying close to skating as she gives classes.
During the interview, she wasn't able to give names of any Brazilian boys or girls who can take her place at the international stage of the sport. "When I was at Canoas for the 2019 Nationals, I saw kids with potential, but it's so hard to tell because they eventually get injured or lose interest. It's difficult to talk about continuity. I hope other Brazilians, Brazilian-Americans, Brazilian-Canadians, Brazilians who live in Europe, wherever, are able to keep skating going on for our country."
It was pretty much expected for Isadora to retire after what happened in Nebelhorn. Nevertheless, she will be regarded as one of the trailblazers not only for figure skating but for winter sports in Brazil, which has been recognized by the Brazilian Olympic Comitee back in 2018 even, when she became the flagbearer at the Olympics' closing ceremony.
Regarding the future of skating around here, we have a few junior skaters who might soon be competing internationally, but it will all depend on the results at Nationals in December.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
My translation from an Brazilian website's article regarding Isadora's retirement this season:
"After not qualifying to the Winter Olympics, Isadora Williams decides to retire"

It was pretty much expected for Isadora to retire after what happened in Nebelhorn. Nevertheless, she will be regarded as one of the trailblazers not only for figure skating but for winter sports in Brazil, which has been recognized by the Brazilian Olympic Comitee back in 2018 even, when she became the flagbearer at the Olympics' closing ceremony.
Regarding the future of skating around here, we have a few junior skaters who might soon be competing internationally, but it will all depend on the results at Nationals in December.
Thank you for the interview translation!