Jackson Debut Low-Cut Dance Boots: heel height in inches? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jackson Debut Low-Cut Dance Boots: heel height in inches?

eclipse

Rinkside
:eek: Then don't point your toes. (Although toe pointing is the main reason for dance boots, IMO.)
Though it still definitely helps, just need to be careful of when I can or can't point, I do not want to break any ribs lmfao. With stroking and rolling through the blade it makes it so much easier to be efficient and with things like axel and double sal I can feel the ankle press more into the jump so they have been super helpful

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Though it still definitely helps, just need to be careful of when I can or can't point, I do not want to break any ribs lmfao. With stroking and rolling through the blade it makes it so much easier to be efficient and with things like axel and double sal I can feel the ankle press more into the jump so they have been super helpful
I was starting to try to figure out which ribs would be hitting the ice in a swing roll gone wrong, when my prospective dance partner pointed out that he did think, as a former pair skater, that he still had the instinct to save me from such a fate. However, to wrap up my original quest, my granddaughter and I hit the pro shop this morning and ended up ordering in Risport RF1 Elite boots and MK dance blades -- they didn't keep my size (3AA) in stock, but can get them in a week or two. Since I was there, I did also try on Jacksons (dear me, how they've changed!), Riedells, and GAMs for comparison. Surprisingly the GAM was my second choice although I remember years ago they used to be heavy and clunky. Dance boots were out in any brand. I felt as if I was wearing slingback sandals.

While I was immersed in choices, my granddaughter snared a saleswoman and they had waiting for me at the checkout counter a box with two practice dance dresses, three pairs of tights, three pairs of gloves, a unitard and light jacket set, warmup pants, and a fleece warmup jacket. There's probably a partridge in a pear tree somewhere in the box; I haven't completely emptied it yet. So bring on the music, I'm all set to return to the ice! :party2::dance3::bsplit:

:yahoo:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
<<Emphasis added.>> Hi, just checking where you found the reference to "lower heel height". Here is the Jackson website: https://jacksonultima.com/products/debut-fusion-low-cut-2430. I read through it all, and also watched the accompanying video. I couldn't find that reference; only this: "Designed based on our Debut pattern with a lower boot height". But the boot height refers to how high the uppers extend above the ankles, not the heel height. You should certainly confirm directly with Jackson, though. And welcome back to the wonderful world of figure skating. :)
Just discovered I never replied to this. You're right, I was galloping through so many boot descriptions and misread that boot height as heel height. But it's all worked out all right as of today when I ordered my new Risports. :thank::slink:

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I was starting to try to figure out which ribs would be hitting the ice in a swing roll gone wrong, when my prospective dance partner pointed out that he did think, as a former pair skater, that he still had the instinct to save me from such a fate. However, to wrap up my original quest, my granddaughter and I hit the pro shop this morning and ended up ordering in Risport RF1 Elite boots and MK dance blades -- they didn't keep my size (3AA) in stock, but can get them in a week or two. Since I was there, I did also try on Jacksons (dear me, how they've changed!), Riedells, and GAMs for comparison. Surprisingly the GAM was my second choice although I remember years ago they used to be heavy and clunky. Dance boots were out in any brand. I felt as if I was wearing slingback sandals.

While I was immersed in choices, my granddaughter snared a saleswoman and they had waiting for me at the checkout counter a box with two practice dance dresses, three pairs of tights, three pairs of gloves, a unitard and light jacket set, warmup pants, and a fleece warmup jacket. There's probably a partridge in a pear tree somewhere in the box; I haven't completely emptied it yet. So bring on the music, I'm all set to return to the ice! :party2::dance3::bsplit:

FYI, the bottom two on the right hand side were the ones I broke.

I suspected you might not like dance boots. They really are a challenge to get used to when you've been used to old style equipment. Enjoy the MK Dance blades. The shortened heel requires an adjustment in skating style and balance but once you've made that, they are heaven. So slick. Have fun!

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany

Your granddaughter sounds wonderful. And isn’t it shocking how different new Risport boots feel compared to 20 year old Jacksons? So excited for you to return to the ice!