Jackson Debut - Width | Golden Skate

Jackson Debut - Width

Jane17

Rinkside
Hi, I am trying to find out the width of my boots Jackson Debut. Inside the boot is 2450 6 W, nothing more.
I have also an original box and there is also no width. Where can I find it?
Thank you!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to find out the width of my boots Jackson Debut. Inside the boot is 2450 6 W, nothing more.
I have also an original box and there is also no width. Where can I find it?
Thank you!
The clue is in the "W". It stands for "Wide". The Regular width boots are stamped with "R". Hope this helps.

Jane17

Rinkside
Thank you. In my chart they have A B C and D. I thought W is a woman boot :).
Even these wide are a little narrow so my next skates i will buy definitely another type of boot, where my toes are. Does anyone know if Risport royal or rf3 are wider in place where the toes are?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Traditionally, womens' boots are white or beige. Mens' boots are black. Although we all know that anybody can wear any boot that fits them. šŸŒˆ

I moved from Risport Royal Pros C fitting to Jackson Elite Pros W fitting because I needed more space for my toes. You may need to get your Jacksons punched out at the toe to make a bit more space.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thank you. In my chart they have A B C and D. I thought W is a woman boot :).
That chart is out of date. Jackson switched a while ago to a dual-width [Regular and Wide] system: R (A/B) and W (C/D). The A can be heat molded to a B if needed. And the C can be heat molded to a D if needed. Here's the Jackson video (listed as 5 yrs old now) explaining this (starting at ~0:40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9ifFnxKOY. They claim the dual-width system allows their boots to fit a greater variety of feet. But the main advantage is that it cuts manufacturing costs.

Note: If the heel pocket fits well, and if the toebox is too snug even when punched out, you can get an even wider toebox via Jackson rapid custom in some models. Ask your fitter about that option as well.

Last edited:

Jane17

Rinkside
That chart is out of date. Jackson switched a while ago to a dual-width [Regular and Wide] system: R (A/B) and W (C/D). The A can be heat molded to a B if needed. And the C can be heat molded to a D if needed. Here's the Jackson video (listed as 5 yrs old now) explaining this (starting at ~0:40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9ifFnxKOY. They claim the dual-width system allows their boots to fit a greater variety of feet. But the main advantage is that it cuts manufacturing costs.

Note: If the heel pocket fits well, and if the toebox is too snug even when punched out, you can get an even wider toebox via Jackson rapid custom in some models. Ask your fitter about that option as well.
Great video. Thank you. It make sense.