Jackson Mystiques: Rusty spin rocker? | Golden Skate

Jackson Mystiques: Rusty spin rocker?

blanchey

Spectator
hi all! I'm having some weird trouble with my Jackson mystiques where only the spin rocker is rusty (turning black/greyish). the rest of the skate is fine. I've tried sharpening several times, but within a week the rocker has again become rusty, while the rest of the skate is fine. For context, I've been practicing my bunny hops, waltz jumps, toe loops, along with Mohawks and one foot spins. i've definitely not been spending entire sessions spinning, so I'm not really seeing how that could be the cause. additionally, one of my mounting screws is bright orange because of rust. should I get new skates? other than those issues the skates seem fine.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hi all! I'm having some weird trouble with my Jackson mystiques where only the spin rocker is rusty (turning black/greyish). the rest of the skate is fine. I've tried sharpening several times, but within a week the rocker has again become rusty, while the rest of the skate is fine. For context, I've been practicing my bunny hops, waltz jumps, toe loops, along with Mohawks and one foot spins. i've definitely not been spending entire sessions spinning, so I'm not really seeing how that could be the cause. additionally, one of my mounting screws is bright orange because of rust. should I get new skates? other than those issues the skates seem fine.
Are you properly wiping your boots (soles etc) and blades down when you are done skating and putting soakers on them?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes to both, and I usually try to leave them in an airy place to let the moisture dry.
Ok, well the blades that are on those aren't the best quality. It may be time if you are going to continue in the sport to upgrade to a separate boot and blade. Next level of quality blades would be traditional style MK Pro or John Wilson Coronation Ace.