Jason Brown | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh goodness, they look delicious, but my waistline definitely does NOT need them... :no:

Awww surely once a year or so and then skate it off?

Those Fazer ones are the best I've ever tasted for sure. Cadbury's/Hershey's compared to them taste like past their sell-by-date bargain basement chocolates :laugh: I can't buy the Fazer bars ever because I will eat the entire 200g in one sitting :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just came back from a run, so I'll take those chocolates, (just a square though!). ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/p4I_wwTXLH/

jasonbskates
41 minutes ago
From Colorado to California, I had the best time this weekend with @icegirlash! Can't wait for our next adventure!...

Very cute photo montage with Ashley Cain, who did quite well at Broadmoor (having won the Ladies event with a massive SP score)! It does seem they get to be in competitions together (they were both at Nebelhorn last year). It would be cool if she got the TBA spot at Skate America so they can have more fun adventures together!

Speaking of Ashley Cain (OT), I hope she has a great season ahead. I felt she kind of got a raw deal when her pairs career ended in 2012 with the breakup of her previous partner (my understanding is that it was NOT Her choice to do so). I was skeptical that she would be able to do as well as a singles skater, but she's shown some promise last season by being in the final group at nationals FS (and pulling off a 3-3 in the short) and from her ambitious tech content this season (going for a 3Z-3Lo in the short/2A-3Lo in the free). After seeing her live, I appreciate her very strong basics and solid musicality.

So go Ashley! She's lucky to have a good friend like Jason!

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice

jasonbskates
41 minutes ago
From Colorado to California, I had the best time this weekend with @icegirlash! Can't wait for our next adventure!...

Very cute photo montage with Ashley Cain, who did quite well at Broadmoor (having won the Ladies event with a massive SP score)! It does seem they get to be in competitions together (they were both at Nebelhorn last year). It would be cool if she got the TBA spot at Skate America so they can have more fun adventures together!

Speaking of Ashley Cain (OT), I hope she has a great season ahead. I felt she kind of got a raw deal when her pairs career ended in 2012 with the breakup of her previous partner (my understanding is that it was NOT Her choice to do so). I was skeptical that she would be able to do as well as a singles skater, but she's shown some promise last season by being in the final group at nationals FS (and pulling off a 3-3 in the short) and from her ambitious tech content this season (going for a 3Z-3Lo in the short/2A-3Lo in the free). After seeing her live, I appreciate her very strong basics and solid musicality.

They certainly look happy together, esp. the photo (on the lower right) of him giving her a bear hug! Lucky girl!! :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

jasonbskates
41 minutes ago

And good heavens, she's such a good looking girl without the makeup and the "super sexy" look. I don't think everyone should go for Gracie Gold princess, but maybe she'll learn from Jason and ditch Catwoman the way he ditched Prince Part I. :laugh:

alabhaois

On the Ice
And good heavens, she's such a good looking girl without the makeup and the "super sexy" look. I don't think everyone should go for Gracie Gold princess, but maybe she'll learn from Jason and ditch Catwoman the way he ditched Prince Part I. :laugh:

IMHO, she looks very pretty and natural. I understand that when she's skating in front of everyone she'll want to wear makeup, but no reason to when she's just practicing... or hanging out with Jason!!
;)

TMC

Record Breaker

jasonbskates
41 minutes ago

Indeed!

Ashley just went and jumped her way into my heart and into my No. 2 US lady skater position (No. 1 is "the other Ashley") with just that SP in Dallas. I was just about to start a fan fest thread for her but as I was too busy and I'm a bit shy*, I decided to leave it for someone who maybe knows her better and/or is more of a veteran on this forum ;)

*It took me 3 days to start the "what gives you chills" -thread because I was sure nobody would ever reply... :rolleye: :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker

I love the catwoman as it reflects the theme and setting of Mission Impossible much better than a skater skirt ;) But I would like to see her back covered with black mesh.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Indeed!

Ashley just went and jumped her way into my heart and into my No. 2 US lady skater position (No. 1 is "the other Ashley") with just that SP in Dallas. I was just about to start a fan fest thread for her but as I was too busy and I'm a bit shy*, I decided to leave it for someone who maybe knows her better and/or is more of a veteran on this forum ;)

*It took me 3 days to start the "what gives you chills" -thread because I was sure nobody would ever reply... :rolleye: :laugh:

You should start one! There's no requirement to start a fan thread! I'd join you over there! :) I'm not an uber fan for any of the ladies like I am for Jason, but I definitely love the two Ashleys and admire their determination and fighting spirit!

I actually started THIS thread because karne and I were fanboying over Jason's Riverdance from Broadmoor last year and hijaking the 2013-2014 programs thread, lol. So really there are all kinds who start and get these fan threads going. :biggrin:

Speaking of which, happy one-year anniversary (tomorrow!) to this thread! Can't believe everything that's happened in one year!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the catwoman as it reflects the theme and setting of Mission Impossible much better than a skater skirt ;) But I would like to see her back covered with black mesh.

Agreed. It is the backless part, not the catsuit part, that kept me from enjoying the program. I have no problem with the catsuit itself. (what was that movie with Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery? It reminded me of the outfit Catherine Zeta Jones wore, only without a back). And I think I enjoyed the program more than most ladies', because it did emphasize the athleticism.

And is there any skater anywhere who Jason isn't best buddies with?:love:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Agreed. It is the backless part, not the catsuit part, that kept me from enjoying the program. I have no problem with the catsuit itself. (what was that movie with Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery? It reminded me of the outfit Catherine Zeta Jones wore, only without a back). And I think I enjoyed the program more than most ladies', because it did emphasize the athleticism.

And is there any skater anywhere who Jason isn't best buddies with?:love:

I have to agree about the backless part-- it didn't seem to balance out with the rest of the costume. Perhaps it was meant to emphasize the two extremes-- extremely covered-up and then completely uncovered, but methinks mesh would have been a nice addition. She certainly is an excellent skater but, like Mrs. P, I am not as focused on the lady skaters, though I certainly appreciate their precision and athleticism.

This was the first tweet of Jason's (I think?) where he says something personal about someone he's hanging out with (i.e., "Can't wait for our [his and Ashley's] next adventure"), but maybe I'm reading too much into it. But he sure looks happy, as does she!!

:popcorn:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to agree about the backless part-- it didn't seem to balance out with the rest of the costume. Perhaps it was meant to emphasize the two extremes-- extremely covered-up and then completely uncovered, but methinks mesh would have been a nice addition. She certainly is an excellent skater but, like Mrs. P, I am not as focused on the lady skaters, though I certainly appreciate their precision and athleticism.

This was the first tweet of Jason's (I think?) where he says something personal about someone he's hanging out with (i.e., "Can't wait for our [his and Ashley's] next adventure"), but maybe I'm reading too much into it. But he sure looks happy, as does she!!

:popcorn:

Ahh....fan shipping! YAYAYYAYAYAY!

They do look super cute though, so I can see how that would be hard to resist.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Yep-- I guess you're right, Mrs. P

(I had to look up "fan shipping" because I'm hopelessly square and unfamiliar with the term)

Thanks for elucidating!!

:cool: