Jason Brown | Page 948 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cobbling together various skater IGs:biggrin:

USFS held a dinner (or ceremony) for Olympians in San Jose (Ashley Cain's IG) Karen in her IG mentioned crying during the "Order of Ikkos" for their coaches.

The Order of Ikkos is a ceremony where US Olympians coaches get medallions:

So presumably Tracy was also in town to get her Order of Ikkos. Pretty cool, I bet she doesn't have any other US Olympic swag (other than through Jason).

I would love to see a clip of Jason talking about Tracy. Tears would be shed.🙂

sworddance21

On the Ice
There are other skaters who are capable of skating artistically but so far none of them have reached Jason's level. To do so they will have to focus on it, and most of them are focusing on the big jumps. If skating judges reward the artistic, more skaters will follow. That's Jason's mission. The focus in dance is art. The focus in skating is scoring. How scores are earned influences what skaters work on. Jason just kept on pushing and the sport started to come along with him. If others work as hard as he does on that aspect of skating, their scores will follow and they will emerge as artistic skaters.
agreed

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Cobbling together various skater IGs:biggrin:

USFS held a dinner (or ceremony) for Olympians in San Jose (Ashley Cain's IG) Karen in her IG mentioned crying during the "Order of Ikkos" for their coaches.

The Order of Ikkos is a ceremony where US Olympians coaches get medallions:

So presumably Tracy was also in town to get her Order of Ikkos. Pretty cool, I bet she doesn't have any other US Olympic swag (other than through Jason).

I would love to see a clip of Jason talking about Tracy. Tears would be shed.🙂
That explains things! That's super nice!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a wonderful SOI tour and I have had so much fun following it. No wondering if Jason will do a quad, or land a quad, just Jason doing Jason things and shining.

Also, I've mentioned this before, but much more than I have seen before, Jason is going into posters' timelines, particularly on IG, and saying "Thanks for coming", or commenting on posters' stories (Karen is too). I don't think it's an act, I think he is having the time of his life.

:hap10:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is a wonderful SOI tour and I have had so much fun following it. No wondering if Jason will do a quad, or land a quad, just Jason doing Jason things and shining.

Also, I've mentioned this before, but much more than I have seen before, Jason is going into posters' timelines, particularly on IG, and saying "Thanks for coming", or commenting on posters' stories (Karen is too). I don't think it's an act, I think he is having the time of his life.

:hap10:
The pressure is off. He's genuinely grateful for his fans and he's doing what he loves most, performing. We haven't seen him this happy in a long, long time.

ANS4JBS

Rinkside
This might be one of the most documented and epic SOI tours in history! Everyone's social media game is strong, the tour is really successful, and the skaters are experiencing some once in a lifetime events. I don't know if they can top this. It will be hard.
I attended 3 SOI performances, and had to travel for them all because I live in Wash DC. I was surprised how amazing the show is. I attended to see Jason Brown, who I worship, and he did not disappoint -- such commitment, such energy, such precise lines, so gorgeous, radiates happiness. But all three men were breathtaking, Nathan (star power! so cool!) and Vincent (truly expressive and strong skating when you see him in person). This has to be the best cadre of men we have had at once in the US in...ever? The pairs were also ultra cool (but they always are in ice shows), the group numbers really fun. Currently social media is helping me get through SOI withdrawal. June is going to be rough....am counting on the Japanese fans to pick it up by posting snippets of the Japanese ice shows.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I attended 3 SOI performances, and had to travel for them all because I live in Wash DC. I was surprised how amazing the show is. I attended to see Jason Brown, who I worship, and he did not disappoint -- such commitment, such energy, such precise lines, so gorgeous, radiates happiness. But all three men were breathtaking, Nathan (star power! so cool!) and Vincent (truly expressive and strong skating when you see him in person). This has to be the best cadre of men we have had at once in the US in...ever? The pairs were also ultra cool (but they always are in ice shows), the group numbers really fun. Currently social media is helping me get through SOI withdrawal. June is going to be rough....am counting on the Japanese fans to pick it up by posting snippets of the Japanese ice shows.

Welcome to Goldenskate and to the Jason Fan Fest, Post long and post often!

Of course, we all worship Jason here. When did you first see him? Have you seen him live before?

I am impressed that you are such a dedicated fan; can I ask which shows you attended? (I know Hershey would be closest in miles). If you wanted, you could post your thoughts about the shows in the thread for SOI:

(and I totally agree that the men brought it. :) )

reneerose

Final Flight
I finally went to the SAP Center to see SOI. I hadn't gone to a SOI since Todd Eldredge. Yes I'm old. Jason was GREAT! His usual lively, fun, effervescent, breakdancing self. I was so impressed with the chemistry and bonding of this current 2022 cast. Of course the Olympics helped solidify that for some and they are all so supportive of each other. Warmed my heart!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The usual answers to the usual questions, but in an interview from Chicago to promote the Spokane show, Jason says "ask him in a couple of months" about retiring.

He is going to drag this out.....:drama::drama::drama:

Jason, my dearest, it will need to be sooner...GP assignments are only a month away.

Or will be perhaps let himself be assigned, and withdraw if he changes his mind?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason, my dearest, it will need to be sooner...GP assignments are only a month away.

Or will be perhaps let himself be assigned, and withdraw if he changes his mind?
Maybe? They can do TBDs as place holders. No one knows for sure what Nathan and Vince are doing either. Yes, they are going back to school and may not choose to compete, but they haven't actually announced that publicly. Everyone but Hubbell and Donohue has left the decision open at this point. They can assign all 3 of them to SKAM and sub for anyone who decides not to compete. But the other GPs are more complicated. Honestly, the more Jason hesitates, the more I am convinced that he's thinking seriously about retiring and trying to figure out if he will be ok with that. He'll never be able to replicate those first two years of TCC. Going back to a stable of much younger skaters might be less appealing now. I have no doubt that he can still compete successfully, but does he want to? I honestly don't think he knows yet, but the writing might be on the wall.