Jason Brown | Page 977 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Future of Figure Skating Podcast has Jackie Wong on this week. It was recorded before Nats. Jackie was asked about what he was most excited about seeing. He said "Jason Brown!" And then gave an anecdote about talking to Jason at SKAM (when Jason was doing digital content.) He said he noticed that Jason seemed to be very focused on the various competitors, not just the digital content. So he talked to Jason and told him that he should skate Nats. Once Jason announced that he was going to skate Nats, months later, he communicated with Jackie and told Jackie that he almost told him that day at SKAM. So Jason was already thinking about skating at Nats back then. He may have even already committed to it. Jackie cited his consistency for why he thought Jason should compete. And he'd seen him at SOI. It's an interesting podcast.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason has put a couple of clips on his instagram stories from Art on Ice. I was very surprised to recognise one particular costume - the black velvet top and pants sparkled with gold, red and bronze swirls from his Grand Guignol SP in 2011-2012 - when he was just seventeen!

(I'm just amazed it still fits! He's filled out and grown up since the first time he wore that.)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It was really nice to see Jason perform at Art on Ice (because of the ISU Skating Awards being held there). There was some nice skating altogether but you should only start watching for after the first 10 minutes or so that it's on (just very boring talk):

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do hope some kindly person films or uploads the "Grand Guignol costume" program. Jason of course looks like he is having such fun. :biggrin:

In the meantime, Jason skating in the costume 11 years ago. How time flies😭